Ban Sabai Big Buddha Retreat & Spa
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed four nights Jan 2012.
Rooms are unique,outdoor bathroom refreshing.Staff are absolutely delightful and helpful.
Massages invigorating.
Very quiet and relaxing place.
Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 20 October 2011

the best place we have every stayed real old thai buildings with all mod cons
right on beach food and staff out of this world
would go again tomorrow if we could
roger & christina holland

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

such a nice place, kind staff (manager was just incredible).....and beautiful room....
WE JUST LOVED IT.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Ban Sabai was simply the best detox spa I could have asked for -- offering personalized attention, valuable detox information, unbelievable body treatments and the most gorgeous setting for quiet self-reflection, nurturing the soul, beauty everywhere, and superior service every day. I felt like I was in the REAL Thailand, with old wood teak buildings and stunning artifacts throughout. I left feeling thinner, rested inside and out, and clearer about my life and my happiness. Ban Sabai -- it just doesn't get any better than this!
Marcia Jaffe, President, Bali Institute for Global Renewal

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank balihi2047
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I have just left the Ban Sabai Big Buddha retreat after cutting my stay early.

The website for Ban Sabai promotes an idilic beachside resort with various spa packages and treatments available. Whilst this is strictly true, I did not feel that the experience the hotel promotes is the one visitors will get.

It's a very small hotel "retreat and spa" made me think it was larger but it only has 3/4 rooms. My room was basic at least. The door had a padlock and there was little lighting in the lobby meaning it was near impossible to find my door after dark, but with the help of my mobile phone light. The room had bared, non glazed windows and the outdoor bathroom is overlooked by the adjacent property, which provides no privacy. The TV and fridge wouldn't work because the plug wouldn't stay in the slot and the A/C was useless given the open windows.

I had hoped for some sociability as a single traveller but I think I was the only people staying on the first night and one of only two or three the second night. I didn't see another customer the whole time I was there. It is not possible to walk to the nearest village (Fisherman's village) as it is about 8km along a very busy road and reception closes about 6pm when the main doors are shut (another padlock) which seemed impossible to close from the inside. Breakfast (included) is served at your room as there wasn't any comunal dining are I could find.

On the plus side they do offer free airport transfers and the staff are very accommodating and the breakfast was very nice. They have (intermittent) free wifi.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo