“Old and Tired”

Q Signature Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #136 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Whole exterior of the place needs a face lift. My room was clean and comfortable.
The place is build on a cliff so if you don't like climbing stairs and and walking up mountains be warned!!!! Staff are friendly and hospitable. There's 24 hour internal transports of you can pay a small fee to be driven down to the local shops.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife & i really enjoyed our time at this lovely resort, and had a great room near the main reception, my Sister had one up the hill & was more than happy to catch the buggy up the hill to her room (which was always available) , its at the top of the island so we hired a car to take us to the local shops & restaurants, Chaweng was a 10 minute drive if we needed larger shops (Tesco & Big O ) , our room was recently renovated but the resort is still run down in some areas , but still worth staying as the pool area & bar are great !!! Quiet with Great Views & location !!
we are taking the Family In October !

Room Tip: if you get a ordinary room ask to see another or join Club Absolute
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with this resort. I normally never write reviews BUT I'm writing to advise you not to stay here ! When we arrived we were put at the very back of the resort which we had to get some one to actually drive us to our room on the 4th level up with stairs that were really unsafe and falling apart . The room was disgusting with bird droppings all over the floor. The bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned In about a month . So we asked go get upgraded which cost us ANOTHER $400 Australian ! The whole resort is extremely run down. Service was also not the best it took 5 times over the week for some one to come fix our air con Which leaked. I could Write a massive list of things that were horrible and wrong but I would be writing for days . Please don't stay here it is a waist of money !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank casefergs
Reviewed 21 July 2014

i have been to Q Signature Samui for the first time in 2008, then again in 2011 and again this year. I remember, how excited I was to stay here for the first time, because it was such a charming hotel, consisting of several smaller houses, instead of one huge building and built on a hill, so you have a great view from most of the rooms.

Unfortunately I have to say that I could watch during the time I came her, how the different buildings started to fall apart. I was shocked, when I arrived this time. You can definitely see that not one cent of the money is being invested in renovations or refurbishments. The wood at the buildings is crumbling away, which looks bad at the roofs, but is really dangerous at the balconies of the rooms. But no need to do something about it, they just put a sign "Warning - for your own safety - do not lean on the veranda".

We have a large room, consisting of two bedrooms, a living room with kitchenette and two bathrooms. In one bathroom the glass shower door is missing, the stone floors, which used to be very nice a re full of stains and scratches, just like the wooden floors in the living and bed rooms. The electric cooker is not working in both kitchenettes - maybe they turned them off for safety reasons as well, but they have never been cleaned - so they are full with rust and dirt from former cooking sessions.
It is a shame to let things degenerate in this way, especially, when it would not be so much effort to keep it in shape.
The first 4 days of our stay the room maid changed the towels and made the beds, but did not clean the bathrooms or floors. At least after complaining, they came to clean and do this since then on a daily basis.
The staff is very friendly, but this does only help a little, when everything falls apart around you. It is really a shame that people do not care about their property.
I can definitely not recommend coming here, we will spend the time we have paid for, but will not come back.

Room Tip: I think the pool villas are still in better condition than the regular rooms, but cannot tell for su...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Silvio W
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here early July 2014 as a family and it was a let down.Booked and payed for 2 bedroom pool villa ($300/night) when we arrived they informed us that they had no 2 br rooms left and offered us 2 x 1 br villas instead. I was not happy about this and let them know (calmly as getting angry gets you nowhere in Thailand) so they threw in a free BBQ dinner at the resort. I agreed as it seemed we had no other choice and I didn't like my chances of getting a refund. So they take us and our luggage up a very steep hill in a pair of golf buggies and show us the rooms which were not much to look at and had no view. I thought I'd give it one more go so I got the porter to call reception and explained to them that this was not what I had paid for and I was not going to accept it. Then there was some kind of divine intervention as they suddenly had a 2 br pool villa available but it would take an hour or so to be cleaned.
When we finally got into our room (2 hours later) it was clean and at the front of the resort so there was a view from the room and the pool but they are the only positives.
Very old and run down. old uncomfortable furniture, old crt tv. Radio didn't work, Bed like a rock. old and very noisey air con. timber deck around pool rotting, tiles missing/broken from pool
But the BIGGEST PROBLEM was the toilets. I know I am in Thailand but I still expect a toilet that works properly in a 5 star resort. they were both blocked when we got there and after they were fixed?? they still didn't flush properly. There were signs above the toilet roll holder saying don't flush the paper and a bin with no lid provided. I chose not to use the bin and showered each time instead - not what I would call a 5 star experience.
A few more points.
1 on a steep hill so if you are old/fat or disabled you are stuffed. all paths are steep , have lots of steps and get very slippery when it rains.
2 no sand beach directly below resort - rocks so if you want to swim you have to walk along a goat track and cross a drain to get to the good part of the beach,(other resorts and bars etc along this better part so why not stay in one of them? I will next time (and I'll check google earth closer next time)
3 road into resort is very steep and while its only 500m or so into town its a killer of a walk back up the hill after a beer or ten
4 the place was only partially completed - on the track to our villa (808) there were a few incompleted villas with bamboo around the concrete columns to make them look like some kind of garden feature. There was one on the right side that had trees growing in it. Our villa was supposed to have a second level but they changed their mind or ran out of money so they cut down the columns (reo bar still sticking out) and turned the roof into a mosquito paradise or swamp by flooding it and planting a few water plants (I'm not making this up and will post a pic)
5 the villa pool water was like a warm bath
6 the main pool was the highlight of the place , cooler water and a spectacular view
7 food is overpriced and not very good (a couple we met at the resort and our family made the trek down to the beach , across the drain and around the corner then another 500m down the beach in the rain one evening to one of the other resorts with a resteraunt called spice something or other and had a fantastic meal which was also half the price of Q Signature. this place was right on the good part of the beach and had a great rock looking pool - think we'll stay there next time)
8. would never go there again. Either they take a zero off the price (ie divide by ten) and make it a backpacker place or they spend some serious money on it.
9. found out while we were there ( from some south africans at the main pool )that it is also part of some kind of timeshare arrangement so some people are staying there for next to nothing ($200 week) which also could explain the non existent maintenance budget.
10. don't waste your money

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Darren B
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have rated the location well as we did not want party town area. The beach is good though at this time of the year the tide is very low. The resort has not had any where near the maintenance it deserves. There is apparently a power struggle going on between the majority owners so nothing has/ is being done. This is a shame as it is a wonderful setting with a great little ' village' close by with a good selection of restaurants and convenience stores We do not rate their restaurant as we eat in the village. Staff are great but are doing what they can. What a shame all the potential is being wasted. Would we come again well yes in time - perhaps. Best room is 153 Or one of the shared pool villa's

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff were wonderful, but.....our air conditioner did not work. It was fixed next day but.......they have attached keys to the power card that cannot be removed! It takes forever to cool the room down when you come back to the room! Lots of lovely restaurants on the beach around the bend, but beware when you walk back via the beach to hotel as tides have come in and there us a little river to cross! If you walk back via the road, the hill back in is very very trying...even for fit people!
Staff were lovely, but you have to hire a taxi into town and back to hotel!
It was a scenic hotel, but frankly the walk uphill all the time was not my idea of relaxation!

Room Tip: Pick a room with its own pool and lower down. Ps the pool bar staff were great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
#11 of 63 in Maret
Coco Palm Beach Resort
Coco Palm Beach Resort
#12 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Q Signature Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!