“Professional company, an excellent experience.”

Searobin Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in offering private SSI & PADI dive courses to the best locations in the area on a variety of boats to suit everyone.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a half-a-day dive vice a full 8 hour tour. I found this company through trip adviser and the glowing reviews had me calling their number to make reservations (an important step as boat space is always in demand). The price of the dive was 4600 baht and there is a required deposit of 2500 baht to confirm your reservations, the first example of how good this company is was shown when the person on the phone asked where I was so he could dispatch a driver to pickup the deposit. This made confirming with them super simple, but their impressiveness just continued to exceed my expectations as the gentleman asked me for the sizes of equipment I would need (boot size, BCD size, wet suit, etc....). Having made all the arrangements I was told to expect a pickup at my hotel lobby (along with a drop-off after the dive) in the morning.

The next day the driver was on time and my friend and I had a posirive experience on the drive to the boat where we met our "dive master" for our trip. His name was Steve and he was super friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and exceedingly approachable. He gave us an in depth dive briefing, including maps and pictures of the potential sea life we might see, and went over the PADI safety measures to ensure my friend and I were comfortable during our dive. Steve assisted both of us in getting our gear on and was super easy to follow and understand during our dive.

The dive location was a place called "The Sea Rock" and the main feature is the fact that, like an ice berg, the size of the rock visible above the water line was dwarfed by the amount hidden below the sea. As this rock is the only land/coral in the area there is an over abundance of sea life. My friend and I were both thoroughly amazed by everything we saw. The highlight though was the 4 meter long whale shark that spent the day swimming nearby. It was the first one I've seen and has already been added to my dive log.

When I come back to Koh Samui I will definitely dive with Searobin again.

All reviews
"company"
in 9 reviews
"fears"

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I and my wife book the 1.5 days scuba diver lesson and finished the e- learning exam before we go there. It is a really productive plan if you want a diving license and do not have enough time on your holiday. First half day. We took a nice pool diving training to get familiar with all the equipment and the move underwater. Then we have a second day to enjoy two wonderful boat dive. I felt terrible pain with my ear underwater. But after I get used to the pressure. I really got a nice underwater discovery journey. The "coach" were very patient and professional to train us and lead us to different view spot underwater. P.S. The lunch on the island was good too.
The "coach" also will pick you up and drive you back to the hotel.
Anyway. It is totally worth to learn diving skill from this island and this institution. I would like to go back for sure.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I planned scuba diving to be part of my Thailand experience and booked Discover course with Searobin. It was my first time diving and was not sure what to expect. My instructor David was excellent- very patient; with great teaching skills. I really loved my first two dives and I decided to upgrade to an Open Water diver course. I had to- it was fantastic! You don't even have to bring a camera. The center offers to take pictures for you!
The diving sites they picked were beautiful- Twin Rocks, Buddah Point and Japanese Gardens. Japanese Gardens in Koh Tao is considered as one of the top 50 diving sites worldwide and it was great to be have it as one of my first diving experiences. Thank you, Dave! It was wonderful!

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My time with Searobin was absolutely amazing!! I had never dived before and have always suffered with my ears on planes so I was originally scared about how I would do. I had my own personal instructor and as soon as I expressed my fear to my instructor David, he made me feel so calm and was extremely patient with my ears while diving!

There is truly nothing I can fault this company on because while the instructors are always making jokes, they are extremely professional! And David actually helped by doing all my underwater photography for me so I could focus on my dive. I have heard of other dive schools where it is one instructor to 4 people, so you would be a FOOL if you dived with anyone BUT Searobin while in koh Samui