“Fantastic dive experience”

Searobin Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in offering private SSI & PADI dive courses to the best locations in the area on a variety of boats to suit everyone.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic dive experience”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Myself and my wife we're in Koh Samui in early Jan '14 for our honeymoon. I am a first time-diver and wished to complete my PADI Open Water and my wife (who already has her Open Water certificate) wished to accompany me and do a refresher course and from the positive reviews we chose Searobin. It was a choice well made.

David, our colourful, knowledgeable and articulate Glaswegian instructor took me through my 3 day Open Water programme. We had such a good experience that we booked an additional 4 dives with them.

Our experience with Searobin was everything it should have been; challenging, stimulating and very rewarding. I would thoroughly recommend.

Visited January 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I did the 2.5 day Open Water Diver with Searobin and the whole experience was great - from the first email contact to completing my certification. The communication was good and they were very accommodating to our needs. I had my own instructor (Wilson) for the theory and pool session. My friend was able to join me on the open water dives and we had Wilson as our personal instructor/guide. The equipment was good and I felt that our safety was important at all times.

Visited January 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Hi guys a quick review as I believe it's needed to point out the service, experience, value, and all round good time you get with searobin! My partner and I did discover but my partner didn't enjoy it and sat out the diving due to ear pressure problems, David was super patient with her and got her back on the boat with ease. I dives twins and shark island on my dsd and now am padi certified to 18m after moving up to open water, if I wasn't moving to koh Tao now I would do advanced with David too). 2nd dives zero vis but that has helped me in navigation as the compass course set by David was hard but controlled in zero vis! Great transfers, great food, great company, thank you Ron, arek an David <--- who I now consider a very close friend as well as an awsome divemaster! I'll see you guys soon for my sail rock trip ;-) love....richard and cat (guernsey)

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Professional company, an excellent experience.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a half-a-day dive vice a full 8 hour tour. I found this company through trip adviser and the glowing reviews had me calling their number to make reservations (an important step as boat space is always in demand). The price of the dive was 4600 baht and there is a required deposit of 2500 baht to confirm your reservations, the first example of how good this company is was shown when the person on the phone asked where I was so he could dispatch a driver to pickup the deposit. This made confirming with them super simple, but their impressiveness just continued to exceed my expectations as the gentleman asked me for the sizes of equipment I would need (boot size, BCD size, wet suit, etc....). Having made all the arrangements I was told to expect a pickup at my hotel lobby (along with a drop-off after the dive) in the morning.

The next day the driver was on time and my friend and I had a posirive experience on the drive to the boat where we met our "dive master" for our trip. His name was Steve and he was super friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and exceedingly approachable. He gave us an in depth dive briefing, including maps and pictures of the potential sea life we might see, and went over the PADI safety measures to ensure my friend and I were comfortable during our dive. Steve assisted both of us in getting our gear on and was super easy to follow and understand during our dive.

The dive location was a place called "The Sea Rock" and the main feature is the fact that, like an ice berg, the size of the rock visible above the water line was dwarfed by the amount hidden below the sea. As this rock is the only land/coral in the area there is an over abundance of sea life. My friend and I were both thoroughly amazed by everything we saw. The highlight though was the 4 meter long whale shark that spent the day swimming nearby. It was the first one I've seen and has already been added to my dive log.

When I come back to Koh Samui I will definitely dive with Searobin again.

Beijing, China
“Professional Institution brings the great diving experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I and my wife book the 1.5 days scuba diver lesson and finished the e- learning exam before we go there. It is a really productive plan if you want a diving license and do not have enough time on your holiday. First half day. We took a nice pool diving training to get familiar with all the equipment and the move underwater. Then we have a second day to enjoy two wonderful boat dive. I felt terrible pain with my ear underwater. But after I get used to the pressure. I really got a nice underwater discovery journey. The "coach" were very patient and professional to train us and lead us to different view spot underwater. P.S. The lunch on the island was good too.
The "coach" also will pick you up and drive you back to the hotel.
Anyway. It is totally worth to learn diving skill from this island and this institution. I would like to go back for sure.

Visited November 2013