Don't expect luxury, but if you are looking for a clean, modern room, then IBIS Bophut delivers this for a great price. We paid a small amount extra for an Ocean view and I couldn't really fault the room, it was lovely to look out over the ocean each morning.
Check in was easy, Kirill and the front desk team are friendly and efficient.
The pool area is nice with plenty of sunbeds, it is a not a great pool for proper swiming, but it is great fun for kids, it is a great family hotel. Easy access to the beach and you can walk along the beach to Fishermans Village (about 20 minutes).
The slight let down was the quality of the food and the bar service, these were not great value (was more expensive than most places in town). Trying to get a drink at the start of happy hour took a long time as everyone rushed to the bar and the 2 or 3 staff were very slow at making cocktails. The cocktails I tried tasted mostly of sugar.
Breakfast is served over a long time (4am until 12pm), but the main breakfast is only served from around 7am to 10am. Strangely the limited breakfast outside of this time (no hot options) is still the same price. On the first morning I was caught out by this. There are loads of flies in the breakfast room, all over the jam! This meant the only breakfast option I went for was the freshly cooked eggs. Suggest more is done to keep flies away from the breakfast buffet!
The other food I ate at the hotel was mostly bland, although I did enjoy the pizza. However, don't let this put you off staying at the hotel, the rooms are great value and there are plenty of other food options around instead of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright, bold and trendy, with an idyllic beachfront location and views, ibis Bophut Samui has it all.250 modern rooms, each with WiFi. 24 hour reception. Food and drink, day and night.Ten minutes from the airport and five from the pier, the hotel is packed with things to do.Sunbath on the beach, sip a cocktail at the pool bar, spoil yourself with a massage or explore the authentic fishing village nearby on a bike...The first international three star hotel in Bophut Beach, ibis Bophut Samui, is a refreshing island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your ibis Samui Bophut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bophut Samui Hotel Bophut
- Ibis Samui Bophut Ko Samui