“Gem of a place!”
Review of ibis Samui Bophut

ibis Samui Bophut
Ranked #44 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We were two couples who booked this resort well in advance to get a very good deal. We stayed here for 4 nights and i was impressed with every aspect of this facility through every min spent here.
Thier staff and service are excellent. Very courteous and helpful. My check in process was very smooth although had some issues with a staff on my check out but that is well forgotten. We didnt eat much at the hotel except for thier sandwiches which were quite decent.
We spent our most times in thier beautiful pools (3 of them) which are always kept so clean and have the perfect tempreture to spend hours inside. They have a happy hour of 1+1 between 5 to 7 and we thoroughly relished that. Thier cocktails were terrific and absoulte VFM.
The adjoining beach which is more like a private one if nothing short of beautiful. We also indulged in thier thai spa offered within the hotel premises and that was an icing on the cake!
The rooms too are very clean and nice. I wish thier balcony was a little bigger and thier beds were a little soft (much in lines with one fellow reviewers complaint). But other than that, Ibis Koh Ssamui is a perfect place to stay at and i have no doubts in recommending it to tourists of any age/origin.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carte_Blanche888
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 17 February 2010

Just returned from a 2 week break at Ibis Bophut and loved it.

Location: Set on Bophut Beach, hotel pool/gardens are lovely and so is beach so it's hard to decide where to spend the day! You can get a massage in the hotel garden or the beach for approx 300 Baht for an hour - I would recommend these! Hotel is approx 10 mins walk from Fishermans village which is great. Lovely shops/restaurants. Our fav restaurants were 'Starfish and Coffee' and 'Shades'. Bophut is approx 20 mins drive from Chaweng but hotel offer shuttle bus (50 Baht per person each way) which departs at 6pm and 7pm and returns at 10pm. We used this a couple of times as there are lovely restaurants on Chaweng Beach (Seven Seas was our fav).

Rooms: Clean and modern. Have a fridge (with free bootled water daily), kettle, plasma TV and air con. Beds are hard but you can get soft cover to go on top from reception. There is a lift to rooms (not sure if this is new. There is also a concierge in the day time.

Breakfast: Buffet style which caters for everyone. Cereal, fry up, asian style rice/noodle dishes, toast, fruit, yoghurts etc. Can't complain.

Tips: Request a seaview room before you go. Book your tours/ferry though hotel (cheaper than travel agents). It's 400 Baht for a transfer to airport - do not pay anymore. Hire moped through hotel as although more expensive they are a lot safer - bikes are well maintained so less chance of having an accident! Hotel provide free beach towels which you can change with recption daily.

To conclude, we went to Koh Phangan for 3 nights in the middle of our stay and to be honest we were looking forward to coming back. There's something about the atmosphere in Bophut - it's fab! Everyone is so friendly and I would definitely recommend this hotel and area to others! I want to go back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amybristolBristol
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Very nice Hotel, the best of all our trip, next to all attractions, very quiet, nice hotel with swimming pools and bar on the beach. Very good services, very clean. Located on one of the best beach of Koh Samui with the view on Koh Phangan. A little palace, we loved the hotel. Hope to go back very soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 24 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 22 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I knew when I booked an oceanfront chain hotel for $35US/night I wasn't getting the Ritz. I was, however, pleasantly surprised at how smart the lobby, grounds, pool, and yes even the rooms are at this newish Ibis. I would have had nothing but praise for this hotel at this price point had it not been for the ridiculously hard bed.

The hotel itself is done in clean, modern Asian decor, and is well situated within easy walking distance (down the beach) of some great laid-back dining options. The pool is pleasant and inviting.

The rooms, as you might expect, are on the smallish side, but we found them completely adequate. They are very clean, modern and minimalist, which works well in a small room.

I really dislike dated, fusty hotels, no matter the size of the rooms, so this hotel really appealed to me, and I really wanted to like it. And I did on many levels. Right up until I sat on the bed. And then I was instantly reminded why I checked out of another Ibis hotel in Hong Kong after just one night - the rock hard bed. Who on earth is in charge of purchasing the mattresses for the Ibis chain??? They are insanely hard - you might as well sleep on the floor. I spoke to reception, and to their credit the offered to put a mattress pad on the bed, but I never noticed much difference. Pity, because other than that, this really is a great little hotel for the price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lost_N_Translation
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We stayed at the Ibis Bohput for 20 nights from 09Dec 2009 to 02nd Jan 2010. We travelled as part of family group 9 Adults and 4 children. We were all really impressed with the hotel and definatley exceeded our expectations. The first thing that struck us was the helpful staff and the spacious and modern open plan lobby area. There were porters on hand to assist with all our luggage as well- we did not expect this after some of the previous reports on trip advisor ..so that was great.

The hotel is so very clean and probably the cleanest I have stayed at in Thailand and this is my 8th visit. The family rooms are spacious and the bunk beds are great for the kids, the seaview rooms are fantastic with a nice balcony. Wardrobe space is limited but lots of space under the bed to use the cases as drawers! Playstation in the family rooms are a nice touch for the kids and the air-con was excellent. Bathrooms and showers also very nice but we did lose hot water for 2 days as a part blew on the main boiler - you have to remember you are on an island though and things might take a bit longer than normal to fix. The beds are hard mattress type but as I get a bit of lower back trouble a firm mattress suited fine. The soft mattress type would have been much worse for the back so I was happy! The standard rooms are smaller than the family rooms but still not bad considering the great rates on offer. How much time do you spend in the room anyway?

The breakfast and breakfast area was also great and lots of choice, you do have to be down by 10am to make the hot eggs though! The best feature about the Ibis Bohput is the pool area - really clean and well groomed gardens and nice modern sun beds right on the beach. The pool has it's own bar and restaurant and the food is really good - try the taste Thailand menu. It's also quite competitive with the beach restaurant prices although the drinks were more but the convienience was good! Really friendly bar and restaurant staff and Ton was really on the ball keeping everything ticking along on the afternoon shift. I was very very impressed with this aspect of the hotel, especially with the Ibis being a 3 star as some of the 5 stars nearby had pool areas not as nice and they were further from the beach as well. Probably 4-5 times the price as well!

The hotel also has it's own massage area and again the prices are competitive with the beach prices and right next to the swimming pool so suited us all fine!

I would definatley recommend the Ibis Bohput - the location in Bohput is one of the best and one of the nicest 3 star hotels I have stayed in. The General Manager and Sales Manager are always on hand to assist with anything you may need as well. I feel this hotel is a bit of an unknown gem at the moment as the hotel is still quite new and maybe Europeans are put off thinking it's like an Ibis in Europe, rather than a beach front resort Ibis. The Ibis resort hotels in Thailand are very different to the normal chain you would expect and I would say the Samui one in Bohput is the best Ibis.

I would definatley reccomend this hotel for families and couples. Of course it is a European chain so for the purest who wants a traditional Thai hotel this may not be for you - but the food is very Thai and so are the staff and the beach! Very practical with children though as clean, great air-con and bunk beds are brilliant idea as you only pay for one room rather than two ajoining rooms like lots of other hotels on the Island.

Excellent value for money and for what you get so I don't know how anyone could complain unless they had very very high expectations, but then you would think they would'nt book a 3 star Ibis in the first place if that was the case!

Amazing time had by all and would definatley go back !

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank FCmSlough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Coco Palm Beach Resort
Centara Villas Samui
Centara Villas Samui
#10 of 62 in Maret
Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui

Been to ibis Samui Bophut? Share your experiences!