“First time at Samui”

Punnpreeda Beach Resort
Ranked #72 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is my first time at Samui, really like the atmosphere at the front desk. It looks so nice and very welcomes for the guests also the service with welcome drinks. On the second floor in the room, surprisingly, there is a space for working too. I could also have my privacy even lived with my family. Very nice beachfront restaurant, at @ Chill @ Hip, I couldn’t stop taking the pictures. ^__^

About location, it isn’t far from the centre and the beach so peaceful. We also enjoyed walking along the beach very much, in the morning. “Serene, Hip and Relaxing”

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sirinpat K
Managerathip, Manager at Punnpreeda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Khun Sirinpat,

We Punnpreeda Hip resort are so glad to hear from you and we also thank you so much for your time to give us a lovely comments. We are also happy to welcome and serve you while you stay with us.

We would be pleasure to have chance to welcome you back again very soon. Please let be your second home when you have plan to come samui.

We all here looking forward to greeting you soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

First of all i would like to say how nice the food @ Chill @ Hip. I have been here for 5 days and i almost tried everything on the menu. Thai food is the best however they serve italian too. I also wana thank the Chef so much.

Of caurse i won't forget to mention the great hospitality and treatment we had here.
I have been alot of countires but never seen as kindly and respectful as thai people. I would absolutely come again to punnpreeda hotel (Best service.... best everything)

YeeeeeeHaaaaaa

Room Tip: nice green pool overlook from 505
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Boom S

Dear Boom S,

Greeting and Sawasdee from Samui.

Thank you so much for your nice comment on our Hip resort. It was nice to hear you love to stay and have a great time while your stay. Your comment had cheer up our team and already distribute to our staff. They all said thank you and smile at their face.

Please come back to visit us.. We all here definitely welcome you back and would like to greeting and serve you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel offered a reasonable good value for 3 nights stayed and got free upgrade to the hip villa room. But also, the hotel provided free mini bar with daily refill 2 bottles of - water, soft drink and fruit juice.

Nice beachfront restaurant, over looking on a beautiful beach having your breakfast every morning. The pool is facing the beautiful beach but a bit small. The beach water is clear but very shallow. The hotel is located right on the main road, convinent and easy to find the way back to the hotel.

Fishermen's Village is not far away and is good place for shopping.We hired a motorbike, 10 mins driving to fisherman's village and Big C and 25 minis driving to chaweng.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona L
Managerathip, Manager at Punnpreeda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Khun Fiona,

Greeing from Punnpreeda hip resort.

Thank you for your nice review on our hip hotel and our staff. We are so glad to read your comments and so happy to know you are happy while you staying here Punnpreeda Hip Resort.

Please come to visit us anytime you come back to samui island.

We will keep our goal to serve our guests at our best and make them smile before backing home cause here is their second home.

Punnpreeda Hip Resort

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Unfortunately despite advertising free airport transfers online the hotel refused to provide this for me.

When I complained and showed the receptionist the advert through which I had booked, I was told someone would contact me shortly to sort the problem out - this never happened and when I complained again, I was then told that the receptionist had gone home without handing over the details of the complaint and that there was no manager on duty so nothing could be done.

When I complained again, I was then handed a mobile phone to speak to the manager of the hotel who told me I should sort out the problem myself as I was only staying for one night anyway.

In addition to the problem with airport transfers, the hotel also does not provide mosquito nets despite having standing water throughout the hotel and literally thousands of mosquitoes. I was again told that there was nothing that could be done about this problem.

Given that there were only 2 rooms occupied in the hotel when I visited the customer service was incredibly poor.

Room Tip: Closer to the beach would be better
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SJC001
Managerathip, Manager at Punnpreeda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Mr Simon Cole,

First of all, thank you for stay with us and give us the advised. Thank you for your comments

Please give us a chance to clarify and clear explanations to you.

First, regards a Free shuttle transfer, we did mention a free shuttle bus transfer from Hotel to Chaweang beach two times a day. Free Shuttle Bus is set as a hotel schedule we also did mention at 3 pm and 9 pm. We did understand that quests may get the wrong information when they made a booking so we DID GIVE A COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS to you if you went as our shuttle schedule. But you book us to airport at EARLY MORNING AT 4 AM which was not our bus shuttle. So please understand clearly again at this point for the reason we are try our best to explain to you.

I understanding you so disappointed but please talk nice and polite to us. Lucky my lady reception staff did not getting hurt when you throw the hotel mobile phone to her at the reception.

Please solve the entire problem with a manner not an emotional. We all could accept and excuse that you may feel so tired and need some rest. But please be nice when you stay at any hotels.

Secondly, it was true that all hotel area was surrounding with garden and water floor so we did inform our guests please try to close your doors when you preferred to go out or sitting at the terrace because now it was a raining season and mosquito may happen at night.

Regards on the mosquito net. We did sorry that we did not have the net in every room but we do provide a mosquito art machine for plug it which could be asked at our reception.

I do wish you could understand our explanations and good wish that you come back again. I wish one day you would be back. We would welcome you back with our pleasure.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Chill. Hip. Relaxing.

The remarkable service and attitude at Punnpreeda ensures that my first trip to Koh Samui certainly won't be my last. This is a case of Amazing Thailand.

I literally stumbled upon this place, as I wandered the beach negotiating with different bungalows for a low price. I wasn't sure what to expect as tangles and briars of dripping electrical wires block a decent street-side view. The facade of the building is reminiscent of old Santa Fe style, a painted white adobe with wooden accents.

The interior rooms are Thai "country" style, with white painted walls, tile and concrete flooring. Minimalist Thai art adorns the walls, with hand-dyed fabrics, teak furnishing and woven wooden lampshades adding a feel of traditional craftsmanship in a modern setting. Their motto is being "Hip and Chill" and that's indeed what the design emits.

Punpreeda has hotel rooms and villas to choose from, each with a private terrace. The villas are more like bungalows and of course are more expensive. The attentive staff worked with me to negotiate an ever lower-than-"low season" rate for one of the hotel rooms, set far back away from the beach and facing the busy main street that circles the island. The staff was also remarkably helpful in solving a couple of problems with the lighting & loose electrical wiring in the room; They didn't hesitate to offer a room change. It was all very relaxed - "chill" as they say at Punnpreeda.

The hotel is set on quiet and cosy beach, west facing with stunning sunset views. A small, beautiful and green-tiled infinity swimming pool looks like infinity itself, as if its green waters will stretch their way out to the Gulf of Siam. I was happy to see some "green" design along the hotel grounds, too, like CFL lighting outside along the walkways and in the fixtures of the rooms themselves. Even the tile in bathrooms are painted-green. A green sunbathing platform faces a green row boat pulled ashore. The traditional teak wood furnishings may raise some folks' eyebrows at any sustainability measures, though this is a hotel showcasing Thai traditional arts and craftsmanship in a hip, boutique style. Before deforestation, teak was a signature Thai agricultural product.

I didn't find any info about energy savings with regard to water, air-conditioning, towels and bedding…but did learn staff turns off the water each evening that flows from lush greenery into small bubbling pools lining the walkways behind reception. And Reception has a lot to offer, by the way, including a free library of DVDs to choose from, a business center and free wifi to use throughout the hotel. Punnpreeda also has a kayak on-site for guest use, no charge. In an Ode to this green mode of transportation, I kayaked all around the bay to Koh Samui's famous Big Buddha sculpture. It took about an hour round trip from the hotel beach front.

"Chill at Hip" restaurant faces the water, offering Thai, American and European options. I opted for the local, seasonal and regional Thai food. Fantastic! For the more adventurous traveler, I recommend visiting the fresh market 1/2 km from the hotel to sample traditional Thai snacks, fruits and street food.

Some other pluses:

-in-room safe
- robes & slippers
- tea and coffee service in room - hot water heater & sizable mugs
- twice daily free rides into the popular Chaweng beach area. This is a key service offered by the hotel, not only for the public transportation but also because it costs between 200-500 baht ($7-$17) to take public taxi.

One recommendation to Punnpreeda's management: Clearly display information about water and energy resources used by the hotel and guest's ability to "opt out" of daily laundering or other energy savings measures (I personally asked staff not to change any towels or linens).

It takes many modes of transport to get to Koh Samui and Punnpreeda (at least 5 in my case). The upside is once there, you get to stick around a while and relax. The outstanding and friendly staff will help you with whatever you require, within reason and manageability.

Chill.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms street-side are louder than those that are the bungalows close to the water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Rachel C

Dear Rachel,

Greeting from Punnpreeda Hip Resort. We are so glad to read your mail and so nice comments. All good and touchable feeling that was our pride and please to hear that. The most is we are so happy to hear that you are happy when you stay with us. You and yours comments had cheer up our team. Thank you so much again. We would be insist to contribute the good service as best as we could. We definately wish to welcome you back any time you come visit Samui Island.

Your good advise on the energy sign is the great idea. We will take it more concerned and action very soon. To also match with our green pool and the green island concept. To safe our world.

Jor and Orn,our reception staff, they would like to thank you for a very nice photo with you and so happy to get your picture. They said keep us post and keep us in touch.

Take a very good care yourself and we wish to see and welcome you back as soon

We miss you.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I really liked the room on the second floor of the building. Nicely decorated and spacious! The cleaning and the friendliness of the staff are tremendous. Maintainance is very good
garden and way to the pool is very beautiful and all is very well maintained.
For me not so good is the narrow situation of the bungalows and the pool location. As this is the low season it was okay, but I would dislike when fully booked.
The breakfast was okay.
Secondly the surrounding is not very entertaining for single women travellers. But the walking street on the main pier on wednesday night is great fun! And there are three mid-range, low priced and recommendable Thai restaurants very close to the hotel.
The beach is very small but okay for a swim when it is hot. Not many people on beach.
If you tend to have a light sleep room in the major building could cause problems sleeping.
Overall a nice place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank vd13353
Managerathip, Manager at Punnpreeda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Our valued guest,

Thank you so much for your nice contribution. We are so glad to hear you are happy while you stay with us at Punnpreeda Hip Resort.

As our green island concept, we save the tree and try to keep green and clean at the surrounding garden area. So glad to hear you are enjoy and love our concept.

We wish you would coming back to visit us again soon. We wish to welcome and serve you at our best.

Thank you for stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed for a couple day for my holiday.My friend recommended me to stay her .All staff were very friendly , nice room , beautiful resort and very good massage. Altogether make my holiday an unforgetable time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: deluxe room at the 3rd floor with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy W

Dear Khun Lucy,

Thank you very much for your comments. All with our pleasure to greeting and welcome you at Punnpreeda Hip Resort.

We are also glad to hear you love our hip deluxe on the third floor building. Good choose for the top floor, the sunset view is very wonderful.

We wish to welcome you back again and wish to see you soon.

Regards,

Punnpreeda Hip Resort Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Coco Palm Beach Resort
The Privilege Hotel Ezra Beach Club
Saboey Resort and Villas
Saboey Resort and Villas
#41 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Punnpreeda Beach Resort? Share your experiences!