Absolute Sanctuary
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$180
  • Pool
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$198
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$149
OZOHotels.com
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$150
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$136
Amari.com
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$177
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
US$510
US$240
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$168
All reviewsdetox programyoga classeshot yogajuice barspa treatmentshealth retreatmoroccan themewellness resortwalking meditationspa menushuttle serviceyoga roomper daydays nightscommunal areaskoh samuichoeng mon beach
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I haven't stayed at the Absolute but booked a 2 week yoga programm. The instructors were very professional, I especially enjoyed Jana's classes as she was very helpful and insughtful.
Would definitely recommend the Hot Yoga classes as well as a refreshing dring after the class at the pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank veronika_vrabcova
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel has only 38 rooms so it is quite cosy and offers a familiar atmosphere. I haven´t book a detox-/ fast-programm as I personally feel I should enjoy my holidays and not torture myself when so much delicious food options are around. I book an anti-stress-programm, and all of the treatments were of outstanding quality. The Reiki-therapist is a real healer, it was amazing. Also all the massages were not only enjoyable, they really worked and my back and shoulders got much better after some days. Absolutely outstanding are the yoga-lessons. I had never seen a schedule with so many yoga-styles and options before and all classes were great. The teachers gave individual advises and corrections, my body´s strenght and flexibility improved a lot during the two weeks. Thank you so much, Jana!
The place is a bit away from the crouds, but you can walk to the next village with a beautiful beach (Choeng Mon) in 20 minutes. The hotel offers a shuttle service, but if this does not fit into your schedules, walking can be made easily. You can also go to Chaweng beach by shuttle service, but I personally felt the beach at Choeng Mon was nicer and not so busy.

In my package I had 10 days including 3 meals from the hotel´s Love Kitchen. The food was always fresh and healthy, you always have the choice from a big menu. I personally think that it was a bit to healthy, could not see carrots, seaweed and other vegetables any more as I got lots of them, cooked and raw. My only advise would be to offer some more options like curries, fish and seafood dishes as alternatives.

The hotel room was spacy, clean and modern. The pool was amazing, with sea water, such a nice temperature and water felt like silk. There is a steam room next to the pool where you could detox or just warm-up your body for treatments and relaxation.

Staff is so friendly and helpful, the receptions can organize everything (they found me a special medicine and arranged so many things in a perfect way). Once you arrived and felt a bit familiar, you probably don´t want to leave.

I would highly recommend to place to anybody who looks for a retreat, needs to gain new energy and spoil himself in a healthy way. Make use of the yoga-sessions and workshops and enjoy the fantastic treatments as well as the exotic surrounding - you will start to feel better and more powerful after some days.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Absolute Sanctuary on Samui Island is not about the rooms or service, although both are good. This is a serious health spa featuring detox and yoga. If you are not thinking about either of the two, move on. If you are considering this type of retreat this is a very good choice. We have been to three detox facilities in Samui, this is the middle priced one and we like it the best. It is not large and does not cover a lot of land -- which means that very little effort is required to get around while you are here. Very professional and very clean and modern in most respects, this is a destination resort for people with a very single purpose -- detox and yoga. Also, their restaurant is surprisingly good for the health conscious, and the yoga studio attracts the best teachers. Great view of the sea from most, but not all locations.

Room Tip: Khun May is the senior massage therapist and teacher to the staff, she knows her stuff! Second floor suites in the larger rear buildings are a great value, especially if you are here for a 3 or 4 day program. During early July workers began an unaffiliated construction project to the rear of the property. It is not likely to last long, but it will be a short term problem -- ask about it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KPboulder
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am so glad I gave myself the gift of wellness and will commit to this every year. I just completed a 4D4N Yoga Programme and inclusive were Unlimited yoga, choice of 3 delicious vegetarian meals a day, 2 healthy & energizing juices, 1 massage a day, group fitness activities, free airport transfers and beach/town shuttle service)

Overall:
- A quiet sanctuary with liked minded people who either are on detox, are doing yoga, on fitness/anti stress programmes, or those who just want R&R. Given this, families do not usually stay here. It is high on a cliff and so all you hear are the birds. Also 5 mins from the airport!
- The resort is quaint and Moroccan inspired, so you feel like you are somewhere else and the rooms have this theme too. Comfortable beds and everything you need in the room.
- Delicious meals prepared by the Love Kitchen (if you are not fasting). I go vegetarian quite often and find it difficult to stay full, but meals here are so fulfilling and substantial.
- The Pool is beautiful and quiet too, since most people are either doing yoga, fitness or may have gone to the beach. You never have to fight for some time in the sun! The sun shines all day here, if it is out!
- If you do yoga, if you know Absolute Yoga from Bangkok, then you have to come here! I started each day with meditation, which was very relaxing and energizing to start the day clearing out the mind, then I went on to do 2-3 yoga classes a day. The instructors are very good (Elizabeth and Jana), they have mats, towels, and many props. The classes are suitable for ALL levels, dont be afraid if you have never done yoga or if you are a little rusty, the teachers are very accommodating and know how to help and adjust beginners, or help experienced yogi's push further.
- The inhouse spa is very good. I was pleasantly surprised how good the aroma (oil) and Thai massages were here, given that they are more expensive that your average thai massage on the beach on in the town. Since my package had it included, it really was the perfect way to wind down and relax the body and mind, especially after all the yoga and the sun worshipping.
- Free shuttles! 5 mins to/from airport, only 5 mins to/from Sala Hotel and Choeng Mon Beach (my favourite as it is quiet), and only 10 mins to/from Chaweng Beach, which is supposed to be the touristy beach, but I still found it and Samui overall, much less crowded and stressful than Phuket's Patong, Karon etc...
- The staff are very attentive and accommodating, they really take care of you.

It is a different story for those who are on the detox/fast and maybe raw diet programme. I spoke to a few and they were actually feeling ok and recommended that 3 days is not enough because it is not enough time for the body to get used to. Also I did feel a little weird eating my wholesome vegetarian meals and not finishing them, knowing that there were others who only had a vitamin shot a day and unlimited vegetable broth...

The resort is under renovation, which for me was not an issue as I was busy; they plan your schedule and you also want to make use of your time here whether it is yoga, pool or the beach, that you will not spend much time in your room.

The shuttle bus times are a few times a day and on a few occasions I paid them to take me outside of the schedule, but you can also easily get a taxi back... There are so many taxis around. Samui is relatively quieter now than before... Which is a good thing for travellers, but not for the local community/businesses.

A great place to go by yourself. You meet different kinds like like minded people as I said, who are not health freaks. You can do as much or as little as you want and there are no rules, except there is no alcohol and smoking anywhere in this resort.

I am so happy I did this and cannot wait to return.

Thank you Absolute Sanctuary.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MissReviews
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I attended a yoga retreat here and it was great. (Did not detox.) The rooms are comfortable and the yoga facility is first rate. They have plenty of props, the room has nice light, fans and air conditioning. The pool is gorgeous and very clean. Our buffet meals were excellent - lots of variety for vegetarians and those who eat chicken and fish. The staff are very nice. The spa is fine - had one massage that was just okay and another that was excellent. Someone on staff is a wizard making animals out of towels.

But, unfortunately, this is a sanctuary only for people. It is not a place for cats unlucky enough to find themselves inside the walls. When we arrived a pod of kittens had been left on the stairs. It was too late to get food from the restaurant, they said, and in the morning they were gone. I found one other kitten and was told the mother was dead and any feeding had to be done in secret. As a cat lover, it made me very sad. The kittens were too small to be transported. Although the resort has a box for Koh Samui Dog Rescue which saves dogs and cats and has a neuter and release program, it does not appear that this resort is treating stray animals in a humane and decent way. It seems hypocritical that they are promoting yoga but not practicing one of the basic rules - do no harm.

I enjoyed the retreat but came away with a sad and disappointed feeling because of their treatment of the animals there. I hope this review and the actions of other guests will help to change this.

Room Tip: Better to be upstairs. Some of the downstairs rooms face walls and there are no windows so they tend to be very dark.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends