“BEST YOGA ON SAMUI!”
Review of Absolute Sanctuary

Absolute Sanctuary
Ranked #25 of 230 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I come to visit Thailand every year and I always make sure to spend my mornings at Absolute Sanctuary doing yoga and meditation. Absolute Sanctuary is a beautiful hotel that offers more than just detox and spa services, it is a place I call home. I have taken many classes with the very talented Jana over the years and Alicia, the newest addition to the family has played an integral role in the development of my personal practice. Alicia is sweet and caring, enthusiastic and a knowledgeable yoga teacher. It is evident through her teaching style that she is dedicated to giving her students the best experience on the mat. She has inspired me to find my inner teacher, encouraging me to allow my intuition to guide me through meditation and the yoga asana practice. I am grateful for her guidance and all that she has taught me. Go take her class and breathe life into your body, to discover your true sense of self as you set onto the path of finding internal freedom.
Namaste!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ljamplis
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which we are more than happy to hear that you have enjoyed practicing your yoga at Absolute Sanctuary.

Our Yoga Teachers have always tried to bring the new things to teach the students. Our goal is to ensure all students benefit from the yoga classes and yes could bring this to practice at home too.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience to another travelers. I will share with our Yoga Teachers which i believe they are more than happy to see this.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have been practising yoga for 3 years and as a single traveller felt that a visit to a yoga sanctuary would be a good way of getting a taste of Thailand by myself. I had been worried about travelling on my own and potentially being lonely whilst away. This was certainly not the case. Absolute Sanctuary was so friendly and welcoming. The staff were thoroughly charming and the other guests were all warm and receptive to each new arrival. I had the most amazing time. The accommodation was comfortable, the food at 'The Love Kitchen' was delicious and the facilities were excellent. I found the yoga schedule and facilities to be very impressive and our teachers, Alicia and Scott, were so lovely. Each were incredibly encouraging and supportive, as well as being fun, friendly and excellent ambassadors of yoga. I learned so much whilst practising with them and fell in love with yoga and meditation afresh. I would most certainly recommend Absolute Sanctuary as a destination for anyone with an interest in yoga, whether it be from a beginners perspective or someone who already has an established practice...all would be welcome and the warmth and gentle nature around the resort does so much to recharge and energise both body and mind. Since arriving home I have been looking for the next yoga holiday destination and I cannot find anything to top the yoga offerings at Absolute...Scott and Alicia, I may well be back :-) Thank you to all of the super staff throughout the resort for a wonderful holiday - you exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Nina W

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience to other travelers via TripAdvisor.com.
On behalf of Absolute Team, I'm more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly share the comments to our team which i believe this will help them keep up a good work.

Although Scott would come here to teach only once a year but i will ensure he receives this.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Wipa Nareerak
Resident Manaager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I went to the Sanctuary in December 2013 for a 13 day break of yoga, detox and relaxation.
What I found while I was there is that the whole package is an amazing privilege to experience. I started my days with a 1/2 hour guided meditation followed by an hour of yoga led by Alicia who was our daily morning instructor. Alicia has great fitness and knowledge of yoga and its many variations. She was a pleasure to be guided by and an incredible positive energy to start our days.
There is also the hot yoga with Jana in the afternoons for those who are more fitness inclined. But be aware that you have to be prepared to work really hard in the heated room.
The Spa and the its great staff of ever so smiling and polite Thai ladies who look after so many of us expats. Our days were packed with massages and treatments.
Our diets are determined by our goals. There are choices of raw food or juice diet during the detox but I believe most people would choose the juice diet which also helps weight loss big time.
I left the place not only lighter but seriously detoxed of sugar and caffeine and my dietary habits has only improved since I have come back.
I mostly recommend the place. It is not a 5 star accommodation but it fits the bill.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank monscott

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which we are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities meet with your expectation.

I will share your great comments with our team which i believe this will help them keep us a good work.

Look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hi well if you want to find something that you realised you never had...this is the place!
Alicia, meditation, practise, peace....
Alicia with her deep caring, helping meditation was brill!
It takes time not just a quick fix, she talks you through the sitting, that can be numbing, but when you control and get through that, and then the touches of sanity, the chakras....the mind...like yoga this does not happen in one session.Meditation was not me, well I thought that, but the calming influence towards the the breathing and well the body, you listen to your body, and you do!! Thank you Alicia, the yoga got me to a level, with all the teachers, that I never expected, practise makes perfect, especially the meditation Namaste Alicia, Namaste Absolute !!You Have to try it!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Simonjc58

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment posted on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our Pranayama Class by Alicia. Alicia has always tried to learn the new things especially breathing exercise to control mind & body.

I will share your comment with her and believe she will be happy to know this.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We obviously value the Cleansing Spa experience, we've come here three times. Yes, we have tried others on Samui, but we think this one is hard to beat in terms of size of property. When experiencing a several day de-tox you want all services convenient to your room, and they are at Absolute. The facility is large enough to enjoy your privacy but small enough that a very short walk (often just a few step) gets you where you want to be.
On our last trip there was a problem with construction of new homes to the rear of the Absolute property. Construction was pretty much done and there was no noise or distraction.
We have only done the 3 day program, next time I may step up to the 7 days.

Room Tip: We always get a suite with a sea-veiw, great choice if you can afford the slightly higher cost. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPboulder
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which we are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your third visit. I will share this to our team which i believe this will help them keep up the good work.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience to another travelers. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I spent 8 days at Absolute Sanctuary for the living foods detox programme and it was a great experience! The resort itself is beautiful, clean, well kept and maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful and always smiling.
I ate only raw foods for 8 days and a day of food from the 'normal' menu. All food was fresh, delicious and well presented, even though I did get bored of the raw food after that long. But far better than doing a juice fast in my opinion!
My only complaints, which may be too harsh a word, my only suggestions were:
Detox Juice menu - could benefit from more fruit focused options (there are 3 now) as the rest involve some vegetable in them.
Colonics - my package included a daily colonic however it was up to me to question why i need a daily colonic for 8 days when I was still eating and digesting. So by day 4, the colonic was only removing the raw food I had ate before. I then swamped my colonics for other massage treatments which I wasn't even aware was possible. I think this should have been discussed during the entry consultation according to my specific needs, and not just have been assigned the 'standard' treatment inclusions.
But all in all, I would definitely go back to Absolute in the future, as I left so completely relaxed, 2.5kg down and more flexible due to the daily yoga.
Wonderful place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Gnat100
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive comment which i will share with our team to improve our services and products.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay at Absolute Sanctuary and really look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in Absolute Sanctuary for a Yoga Training Course for two weeks in January 2014.

The venue is wonderful for that purpose. It is peaceful, quaint ( although Moroccan theme which is quite odd considering that the Thai designs are superb), the staff are friendly and helpful, the yoga studios are well equipped with props. All in all, a rather suitable setting for training purposes.

I had a deluxe room with a beautiful view. Nice personal toiletries are supplied. There is also a yoga mat thoughtfully placed in the room. The room was very well cleaned everyday. Good choice of pillows. Please note that the rooms are minimalistic,with coloured cement floors and cement tables, benches, wardrobe.

The food is so-so. A lot of variety laid out buffet style but it needs to be improved in terms of taste and balance. For example, they serve chapati-type roti with nothing suitable to go with it. If an eatery serves flat bread type roti, one would expect a dhal or a curry to go with it.

It is convenient to go down to town with the shuttle or by taxis. However, Koh Samui is a touristy place and I find everything here expensive, including taxis and car hire. I was told that everything came by ferry, as it is an island. Hence compared to other spots in Thailand, the stuff here is priced higher.

All in all, I had a great stay at Absolute Sanctuary. I cannot comment on the spa as I did not use any of their services.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room facing the pool and sea view. It was rather nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shanti288
absanc, General Manager at Absolute Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Absolute to other travelers via TripAdvisor.com. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

I will share with the team and believe this will help them keep up their good work. And for the comments for our food, I will share with our Head Chef and kitchen team.

Thank you once again for taking your time to write this.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Chura Samui
White Sand Samui Resort
White Sand Samui Resort
#3 of 48 in Lamai Beach
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort

Been to Absolute Sanctuary? Share your experiences!