I absolutely loved every minute of my stay at the Absolute Sanctuary in Samui. My main purpose was to do yoga, relax, have time for me and detox: I accomplished all of them!. This hotel is surrounded by trees, not by the beach ( although they have a free shuttle for Choeng Mon and Chaweng at different times during the day) which added a sense of isolation. it is small and there is a no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, no children policy, excellent if you want to relax. The yoga sessions are good:different styles, levels, teachers so even when I was doing 5h of yoga a day, I did not feel bored. The teachers were experienced and offered me challenge and support to enhance my practice, after 10days I could see results in my body.
My room was lovely! I strongly recommend to get some of the rooms that have sea view and a balcony. Lots of room and a very comfy bed. Stable wifi.
Staff are helpful and they are very willing, although some of them have very basic English.
the food was a welcoming surprise; very healthy and fresh. I was not in a detox program so I have access to the whole menu:yummy. Juices are by far the best I have tried in Thailand.
As mentioned, the shuttle to the two beaches work very well, although they are not sincronised with the yoga classes. Drivers were punctual and very polite.
I could not recommend you Absolute Sanctuary enough if you want to have a "healthy break". If you are not interested in any of their programs, better to stay anywhere else in the island, as you may find the hotel Boring and too secluded.
Finally, the guests, I was travelling on my own and I met lovely people. Everybody was polite, friendly, and considerate. My only regret is that there isn't an Absolute Sanctuary in South Europe. Thank you and keep up the good job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute Sanctuary is a wellness resort specialising in Detox, Spa and Yoga holiday programs. Lifestyle programs such as Pilates reformer, Core Blast and gym classes are also on offer to ensure you receive a complete and rejuvenating experience for a healthier body and mind. Furnished with Moroccan-inspired decors, Absolute Sanctuary is a tranquil haven of cleansing, recharging and revitalisation. With a wide range of detoxification programs, healing spa therapies, inspiring yoga, pilates reformer and gym classes and a healthy gourmet cuisine restaurant, the Absolute Sanctuary caters to those seeking a journey back to a long-term rebalancing of their bodies and minds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Absolute Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Sanctuary Hotel Bophut
- Absolute Sanctuary Ko Samui/Bophut