“Very near to the airport”
Review of Samui Pier Resort

Samui Pier Resort
Ranked #75 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

We booked this online due to TA reviews for 2 nights before flying out if Samui.

We booked at standard room at first but when we got there we upgraded to a sea view room for 200 baht extra a night. The standard rooms are much smaller and have very little daylight.... It was a bit like a cell but only with nicer decor!

The resort was well kept, pool was clean and beach was nice and you could swim there too.

Our taxi didn't actually know where we were staying as we told them Bophut but it's not actually in Bophut, it's away from the main stretch. Still enough going on around it though. We ate at the posh oceans 11 restaurant for one night as a treat (food was fab!) and then the next night at the Thai place directly opposite ocean 11 and that was also fab and cost us about an eighth of the price.

Overall the hotel was lovely, staff were friendly and rooms clean. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there for the duration of our holiday as the airport was so close (only 10 mins taxi) which meant you could see and hear the planes landing. However they aren't that frequent so it wasnt massively interrupting.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

A very calm and peaceful place close to the airport. The arriving and departing flights weren't annoying at all!
The rooms were really nice and clean.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank seebaer177
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just returned from our first trip to Thailand and have to say this was a great hotel to stay at. Very friendly and helpful people, big rooms, good breakfasts. Would definitely recommend it to others. Thank you for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: It is next to a pier where day trips leave from so can be bit noisy at times but didn't worry us...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It is an IDEAL blissful beach resort for friends and families and is one of the most charming places to stay in Koh samui. It has it all, delicious food, good wines and stylish rooms. It would suit the person looking for hustle and bustle of chaweng at night time,but likes to retreat to relaxation and rest in the day time to soak up the sun rays while lazing on hammocks. Its the perfect hideaway, Peace and fun. Its a short distance from fisher mans village ( transport is needed). Fishermen's Village has everything for you to enjoy including markets, dining and entertainment.

I stumble across this hotel and ended up staying for 4.5 weeks. I brought my young daughter on her summer vacation and we enjoyed the best Thai hospitality experience last summer. The owner Yaniv and staff go above and beyond the normal required customer service level, making you feel at home, safe and very welcome. It truly was a memorable holiday and I dont have any negative feelings on the resort. Once you've unpacked your bags you will want to take up permanent residence. A home away from home.

This hotel is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and a breath taking private beach ( no beach sellers) with views to neighbour islands. It is a small resort that is humble, stylish with charm and a cool vibe. You are guaranteed to be treated as an individual and not just a room number.

Some Tips: Sun glasses, plenty of sun cream, A nice book and enjoy the island vibe :)

Carol (Dublin)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I loved this hotel. We stayed very last minute due to the full moon party and we were struggling to get room. Big spacious rooms, 2 metres from the beach. Staff were very helpful. They have hammocks and hut in the shde that you can laze in all day. Loved this place..would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I recently styed 4 night with my girlfrind and i was a great litlle resort for people seeking relaxation and a great view of the beach and ocean.

We stayed in a beachfront bungalow (21) with a stunning wiev og the sea, beach and sunset. The room (though a little small) was functional, pleasnt and never too hot.

Staff is extremely helpfull and the owner is always willing to help you with almost anything. He gave us his cellphone number and tolled us we could call 24/7.

About the location. Bophut is an area under development and pavements are missing in some places, but it doesnt matter. It's safe to walk the streets and if you are looking for a change of scenery, I recommend going to Fishermans Village 5 minutes up the road. It is a great place for strolling, dining, drinking and gazing at the stars. Rent a scooter or take a taxi and the entire island is within 30 minutes reach.

We are definately going there again next year.

Room Tip: 19-22 are the best. 5 meters from the beach
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We booked the Samui Pier for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon trip around Thailand we left after 1 night and I couldn't get away from the place fast enough !! The location is terrible unless you want a base to use the ferry and a ghost town outside the hotel with no proper walk way/pavment, therfore this can be rather dangerous trying to dodge the cars and scooters. The beach is really tiny and no use as there are no sun beds and it is really not suitable for swimming in the sea with all the ferries and the water is virtually up to the land. The hotel pool is also tiny with about 4 sun beds so also not much point This is not a resort as claimed in the hotel name but merley a small hotel. I would suggest you do your homework before booking this place as the resort of Chaweng is much better. The bathroom shower had poor water pressure and the water didn't get very hot. No wifi connection in the rooms had to go to the restaurant to get connection, really no point when you want use the internet in the room... The hotel manager Yaniv was very arrogant in my opinion as I had booked the hotel through asia rooms and then sent an email to the hotel to check if the hotel offered a free airport pick up, which Yaniv advised they do if you stay 3 nights or more so I gave all our flight details and he confirmed back to me after several e-mails and weeks later!! When we arrived there was nobody there to pick us up and I had to make an expensive call to the hotel to so see what the problem was. They checked and said they would send a taxi, this is a totally unprofessional service. On leaving the hotel Yaniv told me in a very arrogant manner that I would have to now pay for the taxi as he "did me a favour" which was to leave me and my husband waiting at the airport for a taxi that was never going to come !! I think Yaniv needs to go on a customer service training as he clearly has no idea how to run a hotel and deal with customers in a professional manner. Having worked in the Travel and Hotel industry myself I know how the the system works and good for me as Yaniv could not fool me with his poor customer service. As I said do your homework and check out Chaweng much nicer place with great hotels and beach. Give the Samui Pier a miss !!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Macauleylisa
yanivThailand, Owner at Samui Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

In response to your abusive comments i would like notify customers of the events that took place while you visited our hotel. We did not forget to pick you up from the airport , you were waiting at the incorrect pick up point. Our driver was there to pick you up , once you called the matter was resolved immediately . With regard to your comment about no pavements and dodging scooters anyone can tell you that your comment is a blatant lie as the road that travels through bophut in front of our hotel is the newly upgraded road that is the only road that has proper paving and lighting and newly upgraded infrastructure. This is the main road leading out of the airport and accommodates high volumes of traffic , perhaps you are mistaken with another road. Bophut is an unbelievable up and coming area on koh samui and has several 5 star hotels , 2 main ferry stations and a small but vibrant night life , so to answer your comment about a ghost town i dont know what you could be referring to . You were under the impression that you were staying in Chaweng as that is what you were looking for upon your arrival. Your booking was made through a third party boooking agent and when you asked to leave i told you that you would need to ask them directly about there cancellation policy. Our wifi is free of charge and is available in most of our common areas , certain rooms are far away from this area. Another blatant accusation is our sun beds , you are more than welcome to visit our website and see that we have more than enough sun beds poolside and on the beach to accommodate all our guests.Our beach is a fully functional swimming beach and is absolutely safe to swim, perhaps the tide was high when you looked prompting you to believe that the beach is tiny , Our beach front stretches 100m . When you left the hotel without staying the minimum 3 night stay you were charged accordingly for your transfer , your reaction has resulted in your fowl and untrue comments. I strive to make each and every customer happy and welcome at samui pier resort as you can see in many of our true trip advisor comments. Different people have different choices and if you would like hustle and bustle , fireworks at night and city lights than chaweng is your choice. If you would like a tranquil and peaceful holiday to relax and have a real island feel than Bophut and Samui Pier Resort would be your ideal choice.

Yaniv Nagar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Deva Samui Resort & Spa
Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
Harry's Bungalows & Restaurant
Natural Wing Health Spa & Resort
The Privilege Hotel Ezra Beach Club

Been to Samui Pier Resort? Share your experiences!