Our first visit to Koh Samui, despite living in the region for five years. Yes we will be back, especially after staying at these Villas. Located in a quite area, at the top of the island. They are located around 10 minutes drive from the airport. We stayed during the low season, so for most of our nine day stay we were the only family staying there….even quieter. There were five of us and we stayed in 'Lime Villa' This Villa was located midway between the entrance and the beach, less than one minutes walk to the water edge. The Villa was large, clean and well serviced. It consisted of two buildings. A main building with a lounge room, full size kitchen/dinning, bathroom and master bedroom equipped with a queen size bed. The other building had two bedrooms. One with a double and single bed with bathroom. The other with two singles and bathroom. Both buildings were separated by a good size pool and garden. Our children are older, 9 to early teens. I would not recommend this villa for younger children, due to the separate buildings, unless you secured a ‘roll away’bed and placed it in the main building or had the children sleep on the lounge.
There is no restaurant/bar on premise, however within a short walking distance there are two other resorts with very good food/drink options. One up market and one very reasonable. We ate at both on several occasions. You can also buy ingredients at the local supermarket (Tesco) and eat at home. We did this each morning to keep it simple. The resort can also arrange a chef to cook for you in the Villa.
The resort has a ‘hotel shuttle’ service that can be hired for transfers around the island. It is relatively inexpensive for around US$4-5 per person for distances up to 30 minutes away. There are no major transportation options passing, so without this or private transport you could become 'trapped'. As we were the only family, we used this service regularly, booking at the last minute. For our return visit (generally from busy areas) we used either taxis or other transport to travel home. The price was generally around the same or less. Many of the taxis are metered but if you can get one to turn it on, buy a lottery ticket and/or make a wish. In busy times it may be more difficult to rely on the ‘hotel shuttle’ so would recommend booking well in advance, hire a car or motorbike/scooter. On this note if you choose a motor bike please be careful, the amount of tourists sporting injuries as we ventured around the island and at the airport for our flight home was astonishing.
The beach out the back of the property is fine. Okay for swimming but not the best due to seaweed/rocks – very natural, although there are some clear areas. The resort has a couple of Kayaks (no charge) that we used on a couple occasions.
All in all, this is a great place to stay for a family holiday. Especially for older families and/or groups. The service is excellent. From the managers, house cleaning, maintenance staff, drivers and gardeners. Absolutely no complaints. There were even a few of special touches e.g. a fresh baguette delivered each morning or when we asked the team to book a restaurant for a special occasion we were treated with something additional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach resort with very luxurious villas with private pools and gardens. Some villas have also a kids pool The villas vary from three bed room villas till 5 bed room villas. The resort has also a seaview condomenium The resort is very luxurious The villas have all fully wquipped kitche fans and air conditioning in all rooms, covered terrace and can offer all services like food, butler, nanny massage shuttle bus, breakfast lunch and dinner The resort has a shuttle bus to Chaweng, Tesco Choen Mon beach Fisherman Village ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Idyllic Samui Oceanfront Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Idyllic Samui Hotel Bophut
- Idyllic Samui Oceanfront Resort & Villas Ko Samui/Bophut