All reviews sea salt spa village muay thai class in room dining special thanks ladies and gentlemen tai restaurant guardian angel reef pool sunrise yoga sunset cocktails four seasons terrace suite shook restaurant tour of the property lowest temperature complimentary activities
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My family stayed in the resort for 3D2N and I must say it has been a great experience. It is reputed to be the largest resort in Koh Samui and I have no doubt about that claim!

We were greeted by the friendly staff upon arrival at the resort and the check-in experience has been smooth. One of the staff, Mr M, took us on a buggy ride tour around the resort and we were certainly very impressed with the compound.

We had an ocean view suite room and I must say we are more than impressed with the interior and the view that the room offered us. Definitely a "wow" factor in terms of living experience.

Two slightly unpleasant experience were:

1) the non-arrival of the buggy twice even though we had called in advance for booking notice on both occasions . The resource planning part needs a bit more attention.

2) A couple of power trips which was restored after awhile of waiting

Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints! It's a Ritz experience!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors for a great view of the ocean. However, be prepared to climb the steps to get the view!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank teechia
Mahmoud S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear teechia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind compliments and valuable constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Ocean View Suite you stayed in, along with your overall stay experience, but I am also saddened to learn that you experienced the two concerns shared. Please know that your comments have been shared with the departmental leaders involved and we will take the necessary corrective actions to improve our services for our guests.

As for the power trips, we still in the midst of investigations as we do experience the occasional trips due to disruptions from the island’s supply, but our team is also doing a thorough test on the room you stayed as well to ensure all necessary precautions are taken, preventing future recurrences. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Should your travels bring you back to Koh Samui, we hope you will think of us and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back for more positive Ritz-Carlton memories.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Spent my weekend at the Pool Villa #9206. The Room was spacious, clean, and well-maintained...Ritz-Carlton standard I must say. TRUE Hospitality experienced here was above all standard. Their croissants were one of the best I ever had, and coconut danish was out of the world! Everyone made sure I was having great experience all over the resort. Special thanks to Khun Mohamad Salman, Khun Maria, Khun M, Khun Oh Oh, Khun Bomz, and many of Hotel employees that I could not memorize all the names.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank nititra

Dear Sara N,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend here with us and that the pool villa, pastries, and also services rendered were up to your expectations. Rest assured that your complements have been shared to Mohamad, Mariia, M, Oh Oh, and Bomz, who have shown you exceptional care during your stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Koh Samui, we hope you will think of us and we look forward to warmly welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton Koh Samui for 10 nights and we would return in a heartbeat.

We visited Koh Samui after a 4 day visit to Hong Kong so after the hustle and bustle we were looking forward to a relaxing break with good food and tranquil surroundings. We had researched several resorts in Koh Samui before we plummed with the Ritz Carlton and we weren’t disappointed.

We stayed in a terrace suite and it was a beautifully designed and comfortable room. It had two sets of sliding partition doors to separate the living area to the front with the bedroom in the middle section and the bathroom to the rear. The individual spaces were of a good size, but when both sets of sliding doors were opened a very large room was created. Next to the living area there was a covered balcony which provided a shaded area to sit and admire the beautiful Koh Samui sunsets. As the bedroom was in the middle section of the room, it was sufficiently far away from the French doors to the balcony and therefore provided a quiet space at bedtimes. Being amongst the widlife is great, but having a quiet night’s sleep is even better!

The resort itself is fairly large and sprawled out, but there are golf carts on hand with drivers to take you to wherever you want to go. We never had any problems in getting around the resort and due to the size there was a large degree of privacy, which allowed my wife and I to properly unwind and relax.

My wife and I are foodies and dining options was a key factor for us when we decided which hotel to book. We love Thai food and we were treated to fantastic meals at the Ritz Carlton.

Breakfast was taken at Shook restaurant and was a buffet style affair that catered a mix of Eastern and Western foods with a couple of cooking stations available for those who liked to have a breakfast cooked to order. The wide variety and availability of food was wonderful. Sometimes resorts in Asia seem to struggle with a nice cup of coffee with good crema, but Ritz Carlton didn’t disappoint. If you like your morning brew, you’ll be happy here.

In terms of evening meals, we dined at Pak Thai (Southern Thai cuisine - a bit more spicy than the typical Thai food but the team will happily dial down the Scoville units on request); Baan Talat (Thai street food - familiar tasty bites such as pad thai, satay skewers and salads and more unusual treats such as mango sticky rice dessert); Sea Salt (Grilled meats and seafood - barbecue flavours and tasty Thai sauces); and Shook (mix of Eastern and Western restaurant style dishes - great staples such as Wagu steak and interesting dishes such as Ceviche). We had wonderful meals each night and the variety of choice meant that we did not become bored of the food.

The facilities at the hotel are spectacular. The main pool is an infinity pool set next to the beach where you can enjoy drinks and snacks whilst watching the sunset or whilst chilling out on a lounger in the wonderful Thai sunshine. There are two beaches, one to the front of the main pool and a more secluded beach to the side of the main pool. My wife and I prefer the beach and we were lucky enough to pretty much have the whole of the secluded beach to ourselves for the entire time that we stayed at the resort.

One of the days we visited the resort spa and enjoyed a coconut based massage and treatment. It was a great experience and at the end of the 2 hour session, my wife and I were almost asleep on our tables, it was very relaxing and zen like indeed. The spa had a very large infinity pool (same size as the main pool if not bigger) with 4 poster bed loungers next to the pool. The spa had a very luxurious feel and we really enjoyed it.

On another occasion, my wife and I took part in the Thai cookery course where Chef Coco took us through a 4 course meal that we had chosen from the relatively extensive list prior to the course. We feasted on our creations and learnt some great tips from Chef Coco to make our attempts at Thai cuisine at home that little bit more authentic and tasty. As foodies, we’d highly recommend the cookery course.

All in all, this was one of the best resorts that my wife and I had stayed at and we can’t wait to visit again. Thank you to Mahmoud, Maria, Mohamed, Jimmy, Bomz, everyone else at Shook and the rest of the resort for making our stay such a wonderful and memorable experience. There was a genuine ethos of nothing was too much trouble for the team to accommodate. We were often asked by others why we did not go on any day trips around the island, our simple response was that the resort had everything we wanted, tranquility, relaxation, great food, drink and facilities and staff that couldn’t do enough for you. Why would you leave?

My parting suggestion to those of you reading this review is that if you’re thinking of a relaxing break on a Thai island, you’ll kick yourself if you did not stay at the Ritz Carlton Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Terrace Suites are great due to the layout of the rooms, you’ll have a quiet night’s sleep.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KCKL80

Dear KCKL80,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Koh Samui and also for taking the time to share you detailed feedback with the travel community here on TripAdvisor.

Our Ladies and Gentlemen and I are overjoyed to know that you and your wife had a wonderful time here with us. At The Ritz-Carlton, we aim to provide our guests with the finest personal service and facilities, and it warms our heart to learn that this was provided to you throughout your experience.

Once again, thank you for having given us the opportunity to take care of you both during your time here in Koh Samui. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Ever since we came home, I’ve wanted to go back to the Ritz Carlton in Koh Samui. It was spectacular and such a friendly, fun place to stay. Where to start? From watching the stunning beautiful Koh Samui sunsets at the welcome pavilion to the amazing dining experiences and the absolutely super attention from the staff who always go the extra mile for their guests, everything at the Ritz Carlton Koh Samui is truly five star.

Let me start with the food because that was really outstanding. There are six dining choices but my favorites were: Tides for its amazing cevicheria (citrus-cured fish specialities) at lunch; Pak Tai for its fantastic Asian dishes served in private cabins next to the fish reef, and Sea Salt for the great barbeque evenings right on a secluded beach. Then, there’s breakfast which is amazing in itself – from the freshly baked croissants (which a Frenchman told me were as good as what he gets back home) and fresh coconuts to a choice of up to six different types of milk for your muesli or coffee.

Because it is a new hotel, the management are very hands-on and they are a young, energetic, positive team with a ‘can-do’ attitude – they play with a team spirit and take good care in making sure guests have the best experience ever. They’re also down to earth – when it gets busy in the restaurant, they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves and give a helping hand, and they meet and greet the guests and staff like old friends. That’s something special which not every five-star can boast and which lends the hotel a great kharma giving it a relaxed friendly vibe, without compromising on quality and professionalism.

The location – built on a former coconut plantation - is stunning. And, then there’s all amenities like the Ritz Kids club, a snorkeling reef, gym etc. etc. It’s just opened so everything is fresh and new. Re the rooms, make your choice carefully. We had a two-bedroom suite which is perfect for families; if I would be a couple, I would definitely go for a detached villa with ocean view … very romantic!

Room Tip: Ocean villa for couples. Two-bedroom suites for families.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ANNA E

Dear Alannah E,
Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review and your thoughts of return. Your high praises have certainly brought smiles to all of our Ladies and Gentlemen, who are very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay. You’ll also be happy to know what we will be introducing two more dining options in the coming months and we hope to have the opportunity to introduce them to you when you next return.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you “home” soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We are staying here for 4 nights and we are truly amazed by this place. Been to Samui many times, tried many other luxury hotels but this one is the best so far. The location, the rooms, the views, the beach , the pool the spa and so on all the little detail reflects the real luxury and beauty. AND what makes this even better??!! The service!!! Serioulsy, all of them are professional, and friendly, what else you need?!

If you want a real luxury experience with an exceptional service, book now! I will be back for sure!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 573emesek
Mahmoud S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear 573emesek,

Thank you for the enthusiastic review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay here with us and found the location, rooms, views, facilities, and services, to your liking. Your kind words of return are also very encouraging and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.