“NO BAD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #45 of 219 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
london
“NO BAD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Like Carol H l have also recommended Dreams to many of my friends who have visited and loved the place. After reading the Bad experience report l was quite concerned as we have friend there now. l spoke to my friends at the resort and to the owners so l could find out why such a bad experience had occured. Everyones holidays and what each person wishes them to be. If you dont leave your villa all day and dont want the cleaners to disturb you then your rooms wont be cleaned, if you want to be out most of the evening and to be jumping in the pool at 3am maybe Dreams is not the place for you. As Carol said towels are usually placed on the sunbed by your room, or at reception. The staff there will serve you from your sunbed and still l am told go out of there way to do all they can to make your time there what you want it to be. Cant wait to go back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BEV B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Dreams Villa Resort for 3 weeks in August 2013. We have also stayed here for Christmas and New Year.

I do not normally write reviews about our holidays, but I recommended this resort to a friend for 2014. My friend then advised me of the review "BAD EXPERIENCE" will not go back" on tripadvisor.

In response to this I felt that I should shard my experience at Dreams Villa Resort with tripadvisor.

The villas are spacious and well equipped for any family holiday. Our villa was cleaned everyday also clean towels were provided. Pool towels were either on the back of the sunbeds or inside the reception area.

As this resort only has 10 villas set around a lovely big pool, the furthest villa is only about 30 yards to walk to the reception area to collect your pool towel (no big deal!) especially as you are on holiday.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant had a varied menu to choose from,it was very convenient to eat here especially when we had been sightseeing for the day. It was lovely to come back and have a few drinks and a meal overlooking the pool area.

The service at the restaurant was very good but at times you did have to wait for your meal, but the food was always fresh and hot. The most my husband and I waited was between 30 to 40 minutes.

The location of the resort to the Fishermens village is down a dirt track road but it is well lit and maintained. If walking it takes about 15 minutes to the heart of the village. There is also plenty of taxis available.

I cannot comment on the packs of dogs outside the resort in August as we used taxis to and from the fishermens village but on previous occassions we have walked from the resort to the village and back again without encountering any packs of dogs.

While we was staying at Dreams Villa Resort plenty of people walked down to Bophut and back again.

All that I can say is that it seems that my husband and I stayed at a total different place to the people that wrote the review "Bad Experience" To the extent that we are again returning for Christmas and New Year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol H
Auckland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for nearly 3 weeks, we basically had the place to ourselves and had a fabulous time. I think if you are going to stay here you need to recognise that the name 'Resort' could be a little misleading to some. Dreams Villa is not a 5 star establishment, where people will grovel at your feet, so if this is what you are after go elsewhere and pay more, much more.

The villas are huge and a little cavernous, they echo like crazy which was a little annoying to be honest. The kitchen facilities are pretty good and lounge TV area is great. The bathrooms are ok too.

One of the best things about Dreams is the layout around the pool, our girls could come and go while we relaxed (well actually we chased the baby around but pretended to relax).

The very best thing by far about this place is the people who work here. They were so lovely especially with our 1 year old boy. Very friendly without being intrusive and endured our poor attempts at speaking Thai. It was sad to leave them behind. Regarding the review below, our stay overlapped theirs by a couple of nights. There are some truths to that review, there are dogs on the road at night, they are a pain in the bum and the towel replacement was a little haphazard at times but are towels really worth getting so upset over? Is it worth yelling at the manager 'F@@! You' in the restaurant in front of my kids? I don't think so. As I said you get a good deal here, I recommend contacting the owner directly to get a good deal, don't expect absolute luxury and relax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FocusGuy
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked this hotel based on good reviews we read about it. Well, our experience with this hotel was not great at all, in fact, it was pretty bad and I wish we picked up a different place to stay, especially taking into account the vast variety of hotels in touristy Koh Samui.
This hotel gets praised for its friendly and welcoming staff. When we just arrived I got the same impression, the staff smiled and seemed friendly. But in reality this friendliness is nothing more than an attempt to disguise very poor level of customer service and support you expect when staying in any hotel. Room service forgot to show up on the second day of our stay. There are only 10 villas in that hotel, I don't know how it's possible to forget to clean some of the rooms. This would happen at least 3 times in our total of 10 days stay. Towels is a major problem in this hotel! We asked repeatedly to provide us with towels in both bathrooms, and were given nothing! They would replace the big towels only in one bathroom and not give any towels at all in the second bathroom! The first day we arrived we also had hand towels in both of the bathrooms, they were gone on the second day and never were provided again.
Pool towels is another major issue. They are not stacked up in front of the pool like in any other resort hotel, but instead you have to go to the reception and ask for one!
The location of the hotel is very far from the main road. And yes, it was mentioned in the reviews we read in advance. What noone mentioned in the reviews is that the dirt road that you must take to get to the hotel is not lit up in the dark, and there is a pack of stray dogs that hang out in the bush not far from the hotel. They can get very aggressive sometimes, and we encountered 4-5 of them trying to attack us on the way to the hotel! We picked up sticks and rocks and threw them at the dogs to make them go away. That was a very frightening experience for the kids that were with us.
The service at the restaurant was so poor that we stopped eating there after 2 days. They make you wait for hours before they serve your order and then it's either cold or just plain untasty. There was a major confusion with the restaurant bill as well. On the last day of our stay the staff brought a big pile of restaurant bills to us and asked to pay it. Turned out they didn't charge some people for the meals they had there, but couldn't tell who owned them what. So they just gave all the bills to us, despite that we only had one meal at that restaurant. It took a long time to sort out whose bills they were. Very poor management.
And last but not least. Dreams villa overbooked its rooms, charged people money in advance, and 3 couples with little kids were given notice on the night before their arrival that they didn't have room for them, because the hotel was fully booked!!! I mean really?? They couldn't give them at least a 2 day notice?? They had to wait till the last minute, when these people were already on their ways to the airport to let them know they are not gonna get rooms?? This is the worst ever managed hotel in the entire Koh Samui. Do not stay there if you want a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Get one in a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sauleha
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I totally agree with most of the reviews here- it is such a pleasant place, great villas, service is excellent and the staff just wants to help you enjoy your day. you need to walk a bit to the resort from the main road but it worth it,
We didn't like the food so much but you can find lots of restaurants near by.
Very convenient for families, Beautiful pool.

Room Tip: all villas are the same :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cambridgeshire, England
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have just returned from an 11 night stay at Dreams Villas, we had a brilliant holiday there. The villas are extremely spacious and clean and we found them perfect for a family holiday. The swimming pool is lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful, the walk into Bophut takes about 15mins which we did but also a good idea to hire a car to explore the island! Would definitely return!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Casjasp
Utrecht, Netherlands
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Warm welcome, great accomodation. Very relaxed place near bophut village/beach, where you can enjoy nice food, beach and massage on the beach. Recommondation! You can have breakfasr, lunch and dinner at this place if you want to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melanie V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Kirikayan Luxury Pool Villas & Spa
#72 of 186 in Bophut
Villa Tanamera
Villa Tanamera
#51 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Dreams Villa Resort? Share your experiences!