“RockPool...Yes it is over Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of RockPool Samui

RockPool Samui
Ranked #92 of 440 Restaurants in Bophut
Good for: Romantic, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: RockPool delivers a culinary experience that combines the best of east and west in a setting that is nothing short of breathtaking. Appropriately named, this elegant dining spot sits just inches from the spray and foam of the sea. The open plan of the decked terrace offers our discerning clientele an unparalleled view and proximity to the ocean and coastline to make the overall experience of a visit to Rockpool truly unforgettable. Executive Chef Lucas Leonardi Varin's well balanced menu reflects the relaxed resort atmosphere with a casual all day dining menu consisting of light, fresh cuisine. Crisp salads and ceviche's, comfort sandwiches, wraps and burgers are featured along with a carefully selected range of regional Thai cuisine. For a heartier selection the grill kitchen flames local seafood and imported meats. For a refined dining experience, Chef Lucas brings his Michelin star training to the forefront with an interchanging special menu highlighting the freshest ingredients with an international array of flavors and fine dining technique.
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“RockPool...Yes it is over Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Quite a nice bar to enjoy the afternoon going into the evening, food was ok but nothing exceptional, drinks menu is extensive but also expensive no matter what you have but that is the way thinsg are in most resorts.

The view is pleasant enough sitting next to the sea, staff are attentive and also pleasant enough.

Give me the Moo Bar instead anyday

• Visited December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
“Amazing location and food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

A very nice restaurant, good romantic location overlooking the sea. Food also superb, bit pricey but worth it. Totally recommend a visit.

1 Thank Scud2010
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We've been eating at Rockpool restaurant many times. Since the former Chef left, things have changed.
The quality of food is worst, the menu is not attractive anymore. I've ordered King Prawns in tamarind sauce: the first plate was so bad I asked for a new one. The second one was better but not much tasty anyway.
Napkins are paper one, we were used to tissue before.
So I recommend to go by and not to eat in this restaurant, even if the quality of service is still the same as last year.
Last but not least, on their website there are still former pictures and menu made by the former Chef.
Don't be abused, it doesn't look like it was anymore.

Visited November 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Stunning views and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I came to Rockpool for dinner we arrived around 6pm and were able to see the daylight turn into night. Amazing views of the coast. The food was great and service was fantastic. We were not staying at this resort so they offered a free pick up service from our hotel. Great experience :)

• Visited November 2013
Aberdeen
“Beautiful and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My partner and I went here for my birthday, and had a fantastic evening. It's a very romantic setting, a few yards from the sea with a great view.

The food was easily the best we had on Samui. It was relatively pricey for Thailand, but we didn't mind paying for it because it was very special. My spicy beef salad to start was the best dish I had during my whole holiday, and my partner also raved about her scallops. Her beef Massaman was spectacularly good, the beef so tender it could be eaten without teeth!

As a special touch, they even sang me Happy Birthday and gave us a delicious free dessert to top it off. Heartily recommended!

• Visited November 2013