“Lovely hotel, but a little far out for us”
Review of Maryoo Hotel

Maryoo Hotel
Ranked #89 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had been in hospital with Dengue fever and chose this hotel to continue our recovery. Sadly it was a little too isolated for us. You need your own transport. The beach is through a resort over the road and it isn't the best beach. The swimming was tiled with green tiles, which was unusual, however the water was cloudy, so we never ventured into it.

The room itself was lovely. Large comfortable bed with quality bed linen, feather duvet and 4 pillows. The kitchen area lacked any crockery or cutlery, so was quite pointless. The bathroom was modern with a great rain shower.

We ordered room service and the food was delicious.

We moved after 1 night due to the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debstheleo

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed at the Maryoo in late march, and even though I enjoyed my experience there was a few things that needed fixing. Firstly, the customer service was average, they were nice and happy to help however they were hard to get a hold of, most of the time they were in the Bar/Dining area and there was never anyone at the reception desk. This made it hard to get a hold of them via phone. The room was clean and well presented however when we asked to have the sheets changed, we got back and they had just made the bed with the same sheet??! We also found that the aircon took along time to cool the room down and the shower tap was constantly dripping.The breaky was always cooked fresh for you and tasted great. The location was perfect for us, it was between Bophut and Chaweng, with only a quick drive to each. But was also nice and quiet and tucked out of the way of the hussle and bussle. Overall we were more than happy with what we got for the price. I'd reccommend the Maryoo!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I love this hotel.

The reason is its ridiculous value if you search a booking site, the rooms are suites, with down like bedding, massive bathroom,and kitchenette, all tastefully done, and clean....

The pool is magnificent, 20 odd metres you can do lengths in, great morning work outs.

Not bothered about the food so much as we are usually out and about. Tip: rent a scooter or car.

So for me I have all the amenities and there no one around, perfect right?

I gave it a four star as it suits me, I reckon people that need attentive staff might get annoyed, but for the money you are paying,this is a hidden gem

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed her on a stop over from koh tao on way to bangkok. It's convenient for both the ferries and the airport in a quiet location. The rooms are clean and suite size and the ones around the pool are great. Pool is clean, but a little bit opaque, probably from sun lotion. Wifi is an added benefit with strong signal in restaurant, pool area as well as room. Staff are effecient and friendly, breakfast is only european, but they can spice up the omelettes on demand. Dinner is also good with some thai selections on the menu. Would stay here again in future. If staying for more time would recommend renting a scooter to get around.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monkeybreathLondon
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I recently (October 2012) stayed in Maryoo resort for a couple of days. I am actually a returning customer and was very disappointed in my stay this time.
I visited the same resort last year in August and thought it was great – that is why I returned there for a second time…but how great the disappointed…
First, they forgot to come and pick me up at the airport as we have arranged via email. When I told the manager of this, he just smiled and said but they could not come and pick me up because their minibus is broken…I am sorry, but this is an unacceptable excuse for me…
The resort is really nice – a little away from the hustle and bustle from Chaweng, but still only 5 min on a scooter. The rooms are nice…just the service and more importantly, the attitude of the manager.
Was without a doubt my last stay at Maryoo…

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Thys B
Reviewed 28 July 2012

A great little boutique hotel . Wonderful modern design , clean , super friendly staff and the pool all to our selves . The hotel is only about a 5 min drive into the main tourist area , mango strip but the baht buses charge an arm and a leg for this ride. Depending on the time of day we paid 50-200 each . Always negotiate . This hotel would really do well if their management provided a frequent shuttle bus for their customers . They do rent motor bikes for 250 a day but the lady to the left of the hotel charges 200/day . We also used the local lady to the left of the hotel for our laundry . She charged 30 baht/ day as opposed to 100/day.
Oh and if you want great food , try bongos restaurant , a little further up from the laundry place . He serves great food and his fruit platters are really loaded if you take them back to your hotel :) the 7/11 is a little further up from him . The rockpool and banyan house were also good alternatives to eat at .
We stayed at this hotel for 10 days and really enjoyed our base point . For most part of our stay we had the place almost to ourselves . I know a lot of people would complain about the distance to the main tourist area. This place is not for you if you want to be within walking distance . Hopefully management will consider providing better transport . I'm giving this place a 4star rating for the overall boutique feel and as a compliment to the accommodating staff . Thank you for a lovely stay. You made koh samui a very enjoyable visit . :)

Room Tip: There's not much difference between the ocean view or tropical suite . Spend your money on a gre...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tashastraveltroves
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The hotel is very good indeed, very good for the price it charge. Can't complain about it. Only thing too watch out is, its very far away from the beach. If you want more action this is not the right place. But if you want to just relax It's a very good place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Rajapruek Samui Resort
#84 of 185 in Bophut
Punnpreeda Beach Resort
Punnpreeda Beach Resort
#72 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Maryoo Hotel? Share your experiences!