To start, the location is excellent. Unlike other luxury hotels in Bo Phut, the Hansar is 1-2 minute walk to Fisherman's Village, which opens up so many lunch, dinner, drinking, and shopping opportunities. Other hotels in Bo Phut are on the main street rather than in Fisherman's Village, which means that you will need to get in a taxi/tuk tuk every time you'd like to go out.
Next, the service was excellent. Everyone working at the hotel was so accommodating...from picking us up at the airport to daily requests to letting us shower in an empty room the night we checked out before boarding our flight to then dropping back off at the airport. Everything they did was perfect.
The room was great. We stayed in a king ocean view. Now, this does that you will get a shower thats sort of in the middle of the room with clear glass. So make sure you are traveling with someone you wouldn't mind seeing naked! As a side note, the room they let us take our pre-flight shower in was a twin room, and that had a more private shower...but this made it feel like romantic and chic. I guess it depends on personal prefs.
The gym was small but equipment was great and well air conditioned.
The pool was beyond words! We didn't know this until we checked out, but it got rated #2 best hotel pool in the world on Tripadvisor (not sure where, but they have the certificate at the front desk of the hotel).
Food and drinks were great. We stayed at similar high quality hotels throughout our stay in Thailand, and by far, Hansar had the best breakfast. I mean, who doesn't love homemade pain au chocolate!!! So many choices, all so fresh, coffee was delicious. We ate lunch at the hotel once. The portions were admittedly a little small, but the quality was excellent. Finally, the hotel has happy hour at the pool bar 3x a day, which is well received when its so hot out!
If we returned to Samui, we would only stay at the Hansar. We wish we were there now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut