We spent 17 nights at the Hansar in early June. We had requested a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, we got a 3rd floor room in the middle of the resort with beautiful views.
As stated by many reviews the big day bed on the balcony was great to sit and read and just take in the view.
The pool was lovely and the temperature was just right most of the time but with some very hot days it did get a little too warm and not as refreshing but you would expect that with the heat. There are definitly not enough pool chairs around the pool for all the guests when the hotel is at capacity as it was full whilst we were there.
The staff became more friendly towards us the longer we were there. Kung in the restaurant at breakfast was a breath of fresh air and eager to please and Jay and Dom around the pool and bar were very helpful and friendly.
Reception staff were friendly with Joy always having a smile
The turndown service every night was a nice touch but a change in the small gifts would have been appreciated especially after 17 nights.
Our room was always cleaned to a high standard but one gripe is the towels were hit and miss some days they were small and thread bare, l don't understand a 5 star resort not having better towels.
Breakfast was good, you could get your eggs to order and whatever coffee you liked, the buffet had most things that you get in a buffet style breakfast.
The position is terrific as stated before only a short stroll to Fishermans Village, Perfect.
Our only real dissapointment was at the very beginning of our holiday The Hansar left us waiting at the airport for 1/2 hr with no transport, we had to call them to pick us up and with no apology once we arrived, unsure what went wrong but we did get into our room earlier than the normal 2pm check in. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Hansar, and would recommend it for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut