“Spectacular!”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 184 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hansar Samui is wonderful. Away from the noise of Chaweng, the hotel offers amazing sunrises, wonderful food and exceptional rooms. Fisherman's Village is just a couple of minutes walk. But the best part of my trip was the staff! Mon, Oom,Sam and the rest of the staff made me feel special. Cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Allan B
There are newer reviews for Hansar Samui Resort

Reviewed 18 May 2013

You feel spoiled at this hotel. Rooms are beautiful, great location close to restaurants and Fisherman's Village. The rim flow pool is really nice. Food, although a bit expensive, is excellent. Great cocktail bar by the pool. Staff from reception to restaurant to pool where superb.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor, room 1113. Although on ground level, still sea view and quiet. If you hav...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Johan L
Reviewed 18 May 2013

What a fantastic boutique hotel, in Bophut on the beach and a stroll to fishermans village. We booked a sea view XL room and it is as good as it looks, modern style with a rustic warm charm and great views. The breakfast was very good and lunch also. We relaxed a lot by the pool which is amazing, loved the happy hours and that view ! The staff are just great, all very friendly, helpful, making our stay in paradise the best !!! Just one last thank you to Samney (Brilliant ) and all the team, will definitely recommend this quality hotel !

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank John G
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had no idea - Koh Samui Thailand? My husband and I took a month long trip to Asia and he chose this destination. I've been to Thailand twice before, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. First time in Koh Samui. We were picked up at the airport and 20 minutes later checking in at the Hansar Samui. I don't know what we did to get upgraded, but my goodness! They put us in a beachfront suite. It was so pretty! The room itself was very nice, spacious, clean and very modern décor. We enjoyed the cocktail hours at he outside bar, but we were also within easy walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. We had breakfast at the Hansar Samui each morning, and the food was delicious and plenty of variety, all served by gracious smiling people. By the way, we had just come from the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, if that gives you any idea of the quality of the sort of hotels we are accustomed to. I had an accident in my room and felt the need for medical attention which was all arranged for me by the efficient front desk staff, the hospital in the town is very good, we were in and out in about 30 minutes and that included x-rays. We went to the spa which was very beautiful and had very spacious treatment rooms. I had an hour massage which was somewhat excrutiating at first, but I asked for less pressure and then it was perfect. Would I want to go to this hotel again? Absolutely! Here's a bit about Bophut Beach. We love beach vacations and own property on the beach in the Caribbean and live a mile from the beach in Florida, (we go to the beach all the time) so we were not as disappointed as some travelers may be about the beach. The sand is extremely coarse, like small pebbles almost, and walking in it is very difficult, like walking in quick sand. I did not swim in either the pool or the beach, there were too many other things to do. I loved this boutique hotel and I don't think it was very expensive. Perhaps a third of what we paid for each night at the Mandarin. Go there and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: The beachfront room is across a narrow street from the beach. Your veranda is not very private howev...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank reno-52
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Never stayed here before .what a great place.stayed in a suite on 2nd floor and we could not fault it.pool is great and lunch snacks large and good value.would stay here again
Did not try the resturant as the menus did not suit our tastes,breakfast could of been better as most of the hot buffet was cold.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Bruce K
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hansar for 7 nights for our honeymoon just recently. We booked a seaview XL room and got middle of the building and the view was amazing! The room is beautiful, romantic and modern. The staff at Hansar are so friendly and helpful in particular Ingrid and trainee Tittie were so friendly. The little things is what makes Hansar stand out - rose and chocolates every night, travel adaptor in room and bottled water. I would definitely stay here again and recommend my family and friends. Thank you Hansar you helped make our honeymoon a very memorable experience :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
8  Thank EmmaK82
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Hansar Resort in Koh Samui and wanted to let everyone know how truly great it was! The whole experience was top notch, with really excellent spa,great rooms and some of the nicest and most attentive staff I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. They seemed to know what I wanted before I even asked for it!

The best aspect of the place for me was the stunning location. Its white sandy beach, framed by beautiful palm trees made me feel like I was back at home "Hawaii",couldn’t have been any more beautiful and serene.

The food was the other highlight of my stay. The restaurant H Bistro served excellent and authentic Thai food which is probably some of the best I’ve ever had since I've been visiting Thailand.

Another highlight of my stay was the spa. During my stay I had a massage almost everyday and it was worth the time and money.This spa must be the best spa in the whole island of Koh Samui because it was the most relaxing spa I ever had in my life. The professional staffs was very much attentive to your every needs and made you feel comfortable.

Thank you again and I will come back soon!

Makana Silva