“Hansar Samui Sunset Cruise”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
New York City, New York
“Hansar Samui Sunset Cruise”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Hansar Samui went above and beyond to make my engagement proposal truly special. I proposed to my fiance aboard Hansar's Sunset Cruise sailboat. The reservation process was extremely simple, all details were thoroughly explained, and Hansar went out of their way to accomodate my requests. The crew was fantastic, especially Tiger and Bee. All the crew members were extremely professional, friendly, and accomodating. My fiance and I could not get over how nice the crew was. Tiger and Bee deserve special recognition and I hope the management recognizes their ourstanding contribution to our engagement experience. Tiger even went back ashore to get us a lantern to light and Bee made some truly outstanding drinks. We enjoyed cocktails and champagne. The food was excellent and caught fresh that day. We enjoyed the lobster, prawns, shrimp, crab, and scallops. I never write reviews, however, I feel Tiger, Bee, and the rest of the crew deserve recognition for their efforts. It was a pleasure working with Hansar and I owe them for making my engagement to my fiance a truly magical and special moment. Thank you, Hansar Samui!

3 Thank BCheck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from Koh Samui, and we stayed at Hansar for 4 nights while we were there. It was great, all the way around - great service, great room, great pool, great location (next to the fishman's market). This is the place to stay if you're going to Samui.

3 Thank RobSinger415
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hansar Samui is wonderful. Away from the noise of Chaweng, the hotel offers amazing sunrises, wonderful food and exceptional rooms. Fisherman's Village is just a couple of minutes walk. But the best part of my trip was the staff! Mon, Oom,Sam and the rest of the staff made me feel special. Cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Allan B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 18 May 2013

You feel spoiled at this hotel. Rooms are beautiful, great location close to restaurants and Fisherman's Village. The rim flow pool is really nice. Food, although a bit expensive, is excellent. Great cocktail bar by the pool. Staff from reception to restaurant to pool where superb.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor, room 1113. Although on ground level, still sea view and quiet. If you hav...
4 Thank Johan L
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic boutique hotel, in Bophut on the beach and a stroll to fishermans village. We booked a sea view XL room and it is as good as it looks, modern style with a rustic warm charm and great views. The breakfast was very good and lunch also. We relaxed a lot by the pool which is amazing, loved the happy hours and that view ! The staff are just great, all very friendly, helpful, making our stay in paradise the best !!! Just one last thank you to Samney (Brilliant ) and all the team, will definitely recommend this quality hotel !

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank John G
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I had no idea - Koh Samui Thailand? My husband and I took a month long trip to Asia and he chose this destination. I've been to Thailand twice before, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. First time in Koh Samui. We were picked up at the airport and 20 minutes later checking in at the Hansar Samui. I don't know what we did to get upgraded, but my goodness! They put us in a beachfront suite. It was so pretty! The room itself was very nice, spacious, clean and very modern décor. We enjoyed the cocktail hours at he outside bar, but we were also within easy walking distance of all the shops, bars and restaurants. We had breakfast at the Hansar Samui each morning, and the food was delicious and plenty of variety, all served by gracious smiling people. By the way, we had just come from the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong, if that gives you any idea of the quality of the sort of hotels we are accustomed to. I had an accident in my room and felt the need for medical attention which was all arranged for me by the efficient front desk staff, the hospital in the town is very good, we were in and out in about 30 minutes and that included x-rays. We went to the spa which was very beautiful and had very spacious treatment rooms. I had an hour massage which was somewhat excrutiating at first, but I asked for less pressure and then it was perfect. Would I want to go to this hotel again? Absolutely! Here's a bit about Bophut Beach. We love beach vacations and own property on the beach in the Caribbean and live a mile from the beach in Florida, (we go to the beach all the time) so we were not as disappointed as some travelers may be about the beach. The sand is extremely coarse, like small pebbles almost, and walking in it is very difficult, like walking in quick sand. I did not swim in either the pool or the beach, there were too many other things to do. I loved this boutique hotel and I don't think it was very expensive. Perhaps a third of what we paid for each night at the Mandarin. Go there and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: The beachfront room is across a narrow street from the beach. Your veranda is not very private howev...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank reno-52
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Never stayed here before .what a great place.stayed in a suite on 2nd floor and we could not fault it.pool is great and lunch snacks large and good value.would stay here again
Did not try the resturant as the menus did not suit our tastes,breakfast could of been better as most of the hot buffet was cold.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family