“Thank You Hansar”

Ranked #13 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Sydney, Australia
“Thank You Hansar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at Hansar Samui with my family (including 2 grandchildren) for 3 nights. It is truly a beautiful property with a real WOW factor! The location is great - just a short stroll into Fisherman's Village. Everything I had booked in the way of rooms was done exactly as I had asked and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
We were going on to Bangkok from Bophut and when we arrived in Bangkok we realised we had left some very precious toys that belonged to my 3 year old grandson at Hansar. When we called Hansar, they already had the toys and were trying to contact me about returning them. We didn't have the time for them to be posted to our hotel in Bangkok before we were heading home, so they were to be posted to my home address. But then Mon (one of the receptionists from Hansar) contacted me at our hotel in Bangkok to say a friend of hers was coming to Bangkok the next day and she would bring the toys. Thank you very much Mon for all your help - my grandson received the toys and was very happy. This is exemplary service from you Mon!
The rooms were lovely and very spacious and had an amazing view over the water. We stayed in XL rooms and they were more than big enough for an extra bed and cot.
I would certainly recommend Hansar Samui to anyone going to Bophut.
Thank you once again Mon and all the other staff!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Blackaxel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is my 3rd visit to Hansar Samui, and as I write this review, I'd have just finished my 9th breakfast at the upper level of H-Bistro overlooking the amazing view of Bophut Beach, in the direction of Koh Phangan. 2 more breakfast mornings to go. Saddened!

This Reading, Resting and Spa Retr(EAT), was originally intended to last 8 days, but on my 4th morning here, I decided to extend an additional 4?days. I am so glad I did just that. Hansar Samui has made much progress since my 1st visit here in 2010 and I feel so privileged to have experienced her growth in all areas of operations.

From the Management team, Khun Indra and Khun Samney, the friendly staff at the Front, excellent food and service from H-Bistro, where I would have dined all 12 nights here by the end of my stay, the luxuriously amazing and photogenic infinity-pool, the approachable bar-tenders, cozy, luxurious and well-equipped rooms till lastly, the wonderful spa treatments and arrangements by the ever friendly Khun Jern. I was very pleased with Khun "Tik", my skillful Spa Therapist who expertly kneaded my muscles 3 out of my 4 treatments this trip.

Apart from the amazing sea-view and amenities, what makes this resort so attractive, is the almost perfect and harmonious blend of the right infrastructure, design aesthetics, management, service staff and great food. Almost all the staff exude a distinctive calm, great smile and friendliness. One of the main reasons why I found it restful at Hansar is the absence of loud pounding "music" from the beach bars outlets. Hansar is a conducive place for couples and singles who likes tranquil and classy ambience. Those with noisy children, please go to a bigger resort.

My room is always meticulously cleaned on time by Hansar's friendly and efficient chamber staff, as such, I was able to retreat to the room after breakfast when the humidity gets a little unbearable outside. The balcony is a wonderful place to catch the sea-breeze and view from a distance if one does not intend to be out at the pool deck. I slept so well practically every night and I wish it would be like that when I get back home. Perhaps I should buy a pillow or two from Hansar or cart the whole bed back, with their staff in tow??

I was also slightly concerned about having to pay more for excess baggage (due to weight gain) on the flight back to Singapore. All thanks to Khun A, the outlet manager of H-bistro. Since my first visit in 2010, Khun A was already an out-standing staff with the restaurant and what impressed me deeply this visit, is seeing how confident and professional Khun A has grown, in anticipating and remembering the preferences of his guests. Khun A's display of finesse, passion, enthusiasm, flexibility and EQ (Emotional Quotient) truly made my nightly dinners such a memorable and delightful two-and-a-half hours fine-dining experience. Kudos also to the Thai Chef and dessert Chef, in tandem with Khun A's recommendation, were able to whip out traditional fine Thai cuisine fit for the King. Many of Khun A's recommendation were not found in the menu, and I really appreciate the flexibility of H-Bistro's team.

I'd also like to specifically thank two wonderful ladies serving at the breakfast buffet, Khun Jeab and Khun Fon. Their bright smiles, steadiness and initiatives made my daily breakfast a joyful experience. I am grateful to Khun Jeab, a new staff having served only for a week at H-Bistro, for remembering my preferences and serving me her thirst-quenching Thai ice-tea. I look forward to meeting them again in my next retreat here. Please keep up your hard work and keep smiling.

I have visited a good number of beach resorts and read up on many others, but I would definitely return to Hansar Samui whenever I feel the need to be quiet, restful and pampered.

To Khun Golf, Khun Indra and Khun Samney, thank you all and your team at Hansar once again, for giving me another memorable, laughter-filled and restful retreat.

I'll be back...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank JoshuaRoyston
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Hansar Samui went above and beyond to make my engagement proposal truly special. I proposed to my fiance aboard Hansar's Sunset Cruise sailboat. The reservation process was extremely simple, all details were thoroughly explained, and Hansar went out of their way to accomodate my requests. The crew was fantastic, especially Tiger and Bee. All the crew members were extremely professional, friendly, and accomodating. My fiance and I could not get over how nice the crew was. Tiger and Bee deserve special recognition and I hope the management recognizes their ourstanding contribution to our engagement experience. Tiger even went back ashore to get us a lantern to light and Bee made some truly outstanding drinks. We enjoyed cocktails and champagne. The food was excellent and caught fresh that day. We enjoyed the lobster, prawns, shrimp, crab, and scallops. I never write reviews, however, I feel Tiger, Bee, and the rest of the crew deserve recognition for their efforts. It was a pleasure working with Hansar and I owe them for making my engagement to my fiance a truly magical and special moment. Thank you, Hansar Samui!

3 Thank BCheck
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from Koh Samui, and we stayed at Hansar for 4 nights while we were there. It was great, all the way around - great service, great room, great pool, great location (next to the fishman's market). This is the place to stay if you're going to Samui.

3 Thank RobSinger415
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hansar Samui is wonderful. Away from the noise of Chaweng, the hotel offers amazing sunrises, wonderful food and exceptional rooms. Fisherman's Village is just a couple of minutes walk. But the best part of my trip was the staff! Mon, Oom,Sam and the rest of the staff made me feel special. Cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Allan B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

You feel spoiled at this hotel. Rooms are beautiful, great location close to restaurants and Fisherman's Village. The rim flow pool is really nice. Food, although a bit expensive, is excellent. Great cocktail bar by the pool. Staff from reception to restaurant to pool where superb.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor, room 1113. Although on ground level, still sea view and quiet. If you hav...