“Nice seaview and Romantic environment”

Hansar Samui Resort
Ranked #13 of 184 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have gone to Koh Samui for twice. We have just finished the second trip in May2013. The first one was in May2012. Both trips in Samui, we still chose staying in Hansar. The reasons why we chose this resort again are the breakfast is great, all the staff in this resort are very polite and helpful, the seaview is great, most of the rooms have a big balcony, the location is very near Fisherman's Village where you can find many kinds of shops and restaurants but this will not affect the quiet atmosphere in the resort.

The last year trip we have stayed in Hansar for 4 days and 3 nights but we felt this is not enough. So, this year we stayed in Hansar for 5 days and 4 nights but we still felt not enough because the staff, the breakfast, the bar and the atmosphere of this resort are great. We miss them very much. We still want to have another trip in Samui and stay in Hansar again. If you are a regular motobike or car driver, Samui is worth to go. Self-driving is a very good activity in Samui, it is not easy to get lost because the main road is just going around the Island. You can rent motorbike in Hansar also. However, if you choose to drive a motobike, you must bring more long sleeve white or light color shirt or T-shirt and sun protective lotion, coz, the sunshine is very strong in Samui.

Special thanks to the staff Mon who has help us a lot when we have rented a motobike with problem. In fact, all of the staff are very nice and have good attitudes. They serve their staff with their hearts.

Room Tip: higher floors can have a nice seaview
4  Thank Margaret C
There are newer reviews for Hansar Samui Resort

998 - 1,004 of 2,352 reviews

Reviewed 27 May 2013

the Hansar Samui is really a nice place. Great people, Nice rooms (Sea-view plus) and good food. You are in walking distance on the path right next to the pool to the Fisherman's Market-- night (and day) market. Good restaurants and Thai souvenirs.

Room Tip: The rooms are laid out nicely, with a nice granite tub in the middle. The only thing is the windows...
2  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 27 May 2013

When we arrived Hansar, opend up the curtain and saw the view...wow!!
I absolutely LOVED the room,the balcony and the sorundings.Real chil out place. The staff were really nice and helpful with everything.
The breakfast is better than any other place i`ve stayed in Thailand and the lunches and dinner were also very tasteful. Everyting is very maintained and the beach was not to crouded. Short walking distance to restaurants and taxi (if needed) Absolutely cooming back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Wenche O
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I along with my parents have just returned home from our Stay at the Hansar. I am a long time user of Trip Advisor but have never reviewed a hotel until now but after our stay felt I needed to.

The trip was to celebrate my dad’s 60th birthday. I emailed Sam (the front desk manager) around 6 months ago to book the accommodation along with some additional experiences to celebrate and he was exceptional responding quickly each time and making sure any requests I had were met.

Pick up from the airport was easy with the driver having a cold esky of iced water on hand, a nice start after stepping off the plane and into the hot weather. We were lucky enough to be able to check into both rooms early and the process was quick and easy. We were staying in a standard Ocean View King (1205) on the second level. The rooms are nice and modern with one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in and a beautiful big rain shower. The best part about the rooms though is the balcony. Its slightly enclosed with a fan which was a god send with the heat, with a comfy rocking chair and large daybed. The view from the balcony is amazing - looking straight over the infinity pool and to the ocean. Breathtaking.

The pool itself is one of the best parts about the Hansar. It is such a nice place to spend the day, swimming and looking out over the ocean. There are 3 happy hours a day which makes cocktail prices very reasonable. Dom who worked at the beach bar looked after us (and many of the other guests) so well. He was such a standout and a credit to the hotel.

Used the gym most mornings and while not overly large well and truly catered to my needs. Breakfast was great. My husband and I enjoyed dining upstairs with the beautiful view. Eggs, Pancakes, Waffles and Bacon along with tea and coffee are made to order, with the rest being a buffet. The girls at breakfast were wonderful.

We surprised my dad with dining under the stars the night of his birthday. The food was some of the best we have ever eaten and we all enjoyed the matching wine (and decent sized pours). At the end of the night the staff presented my dad with a cake and also some Thai lanterns for us to light and send off into the night. A very lovely touch. Mai looked after us for the night and she was lovely. We also surprised dad with a sunset cruise organised through the hotel. The yacht we went on was HUGE! We could not believe the size of it for the 4 of us. Beautiful champagne, cocktails, wine, seafood and chocolates were served and we thoroughly taken care of by Tiger from the hotel.

The hotel is located right near Fishermans Village so is easy to walk to many restaurants, shops and beauty salons. We toured around the island and were very happy we choose the area to stay in. A highlight is definitely the Friday night walking street in Fishermans Village - a must do.

While Hansar is a beautiful resort in an amazing location, it really is the service and kindness from the staff that make it a standout place. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Second or third floors, between rooms 1205 to 1210 or 1305 to 1310
1  Thank AmandaCB
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hansar samui for 3 night ,everything is great.
staff is so nice ,(we want to thank for Kia,Piew).pool and location is geat.
We booked for twin bed room,we would like to comment about the bed is too softy and small size ,And the bed box istoo nosiy when i was turn around on bed even my friend and i not so fat.
Anyway i am so happy to stayed at Hansar,i ˊve plan for my next trip again to stay here:)

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank momokcc
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed at Hansar for 4 nights. Great location next to Fisherman's Village, where we rented our jeep, booked our snorkelling trip, shopped, got our massages..we preferred the location at Hansar compared to Chaweng which was too crowded for our liking.
Loved our room at Hansar, it had a roomy balcony for us to chill. We stayed in the regular room but it was all the same cosy and fabulous for me.
We also dined under the stars, it was our most expensive meal in samui but it was definitely worth it. The chef made sure we enjoyed our food.

Our room was always clean and we had our beds turned down every evening. I like that the housekeeping was always discreetly done when we were away from our room.

Hotel staff went around passing us iced bottled water when we were lazing at the pool. Very thoughtful of the hotel.

Loved the breakfast. They served gourmet coffee, the pastries were fresh and delicious! We ate on the upper floor of the H Bistro on our last day and the view was even better than on the ground floor.

For good Thai food, we went to Happy Elephant at fisherman village, recommended by our Thai tailor. Yum.

I think it was a great choice staying at Hansar. I can't wait up be back again with my husband..:)

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Candiceyeo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Just returned to Bangkok after 5 days in Koh Samoi. The Hansar is an amazing honeymoon resort which offers a great location, amazing food, great bar, and most of all world class service. I looked at many hotels in KS and the Hansar delivers the best experience for the price. I recommend upgrading your room as the XL units offer more space and better views. Manager Sam upgraded us to the best room in the resort (3101) for free and provided us with top service our entire trip. Food: we ate our final dinner at H bistro on the beach with a pre-set Thai menu. This was by far the best meal we had in KS and is fit for foodies. The Bar also offers happy our 3 times a day with amazing cocktails. They also have the best free breakfast I have ever had every morning from 630-1030 consisting of both Asian and Western offerings. The luxsa spa has a 3 page menu of every type of massage you could think of and me and my wife left completely relaxed after hours in the sun. The best part of the Hansar is the service. The staff brought us everything we needed plus roses and chocolate everyday to our room. Sam and his staff provided a 5 star experience throughout our entire stay. We look forward to heading back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: 3101. Best room in resort. Front facing XL with ocean view on main level next to bar.
4  Thank djcalibro9