I stayed here with my wife for 3 nights as part of a tailor-made month-long tour of the country put together by Andaman Sky, who did a great job of getting us low prices, the best rooms and organizing everything so I didn’t have to think about a thing, just follow the vouchers from hotel to the next taxi, to the next hotel, to the next boat etc.
This resort has a superb location on Bophut beach and the hotel has a secluded feel to it. The food at the hotel was great, especially the Thai food, which I felt was reasonably priced too.The breakfasts were good, with an egg station offering exotic recipes for how to eat eggs, I tried a different one every morning. The staff were friendly, nothing seemed to faze them or hassle them in the least, even when some other guests got obnoxious about something totally unreasonable – the weather, FFS, is that the receptionist’s fault ?
We got a heart on our bed made out of rose petals, plus a honeymoon cake too. The pool area is spotless and the resort has lots of pleasing woodwork as part of the architecture, makes a nice change from concrete.
The beach was OK, although the sand wasn’t as white as it is elsewhere and is a bit rougher, but that’s just nit-picking really. It was great to get away from grotty Chaweng.
In a nutshell, the rooms are splendid, the service great, the location is perfect and the and food yummy.
I recommend this hotel for couples but not for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut