Our stay in Hansar wasn’t planned. But after spending 2 weeks in the neighboring Bandara and deciding to cancel our plans for Bangkok we’ve found ourselves thinking whether we should just extend our stay where we were already staying or try that stylish hotel we’ve been walking past on our way to Fisherman’s Village every single night for the past 2 weeks.
Naturally the curiosity won.
There were not much to whine about Hansar, but one thing I didn’t like. I’ve checked the availability on their website and seeing rooms were available asked my regular travel agency to book it for me. They came back to me in an hour saying the hotel told there were no rooms available for the whole period of the 3 nights I’ve requested and we will need to move. That was not a very tempting thing to look forward to, especially during such a short stay, so I’ve decided to book the room with a famous booking engine, which also stated the room was available and had the same price as the hotel. Surprising or not the room was confirmed and we had it for the whole 3 nights without having to move. No idea what was that after all… a special unfriendliness of a hotel towards an agency or what? Don’t think it really matters for them to whom they sell the room as the ‘famous booking engine’ is an agency too…
But enough whining.
- The hotel is new and stylish and not very big. It has a minimalist design and a boutique hotel feel.
- Staff have a very good level of English which is not often seen in Thailand.
- The room was very big size, with an equally generously sized balcony which (oh, heaven) even had sockets in it. The daybed in the balcony was nice and soft and sized enough for 2 people. Our room was in the shorter wing of the building and we had lots of sun from 3pm and till the sunset on our balcony. Loved to spend time there.
- Giant rain shower in the room. Could well be the space of a bedroom in some Paris or NYC hotels. However it is only separated from the main room by a glass wall so unless you are staying with your loved one (or you are extra shy) it might be a problem.
- Lovely restaurant on the premises, I’ve wrote a separate review on it.
- A big pool with many picture opportunities both day and night. First time ever that I’ve heard ‘you can use the pool after hours, there will be no service though’
- A turndown service the best I’ve ever encountered with a rose and a chocolate (and a remote) each night!
- Adequate amount of sunbeds around the pool, comfy sunbeds themselves and stylish towels to match.
- Happy hour 3 times a day at the beach bar, one timing being lunch time.
- Nice lunch menu from the H Bistro. I recommend the burger.
- Great breakfast selection and the omelettes are the best I ever had anywhere in the world.
- The territory of the hotel is almost non-existent. There is a hotel building itself and a lawn in front of it with a pool and a beach bar. And that’s it. Pool being pretty big though sizing 30x10 meters. Website said the pool has sea water in it. It isn’t.
- The minimalist design is pretty however there is a serious lack of storage space inside the room. We’ve stayed there for 3 nights and I had problems unpacking. Don’t even want to think what could have happened had we stay there for 2 weeks. There is a tiny wardrobe with 5 hangers and one shelf. A place to put your suitcase (just one as two won’t fir unless they are on top of each other), and a big drawer. That’s it. I am not bringing a different outfit for each night but even with my modest packing habits I had serious problems fitting the stuff I wanted out of the suitcase for 3 nights.
- If you opt for the most expensive beachfront rooms you should be aware that they are the closest to the road where people walk past by all day and night and right before the building starts there is a turn where the cars go. I guess this will be especially bothersome if you happen to be on the ground floor.
- Happy hour (2 for 1) was nice but you had to had two very same drinks and the cocktail menu was far from extensive (comparing to non happy hour cocktail menu).
- Service around the pool during lunch hour could be questionable. My drink came after I almost finished my meal. Had to remind twice that I’m still waiting for it.
Another advice for the rooms: do try to get one away from the inside angles of the building as those seem to have lack of light and also are lacking privacy. The best rooms I dare say will be those on the 3rd floor on the shorter side of the building. Yes, they won’t have frontal seaview, but they are a bit more private and have sun in the afternoon.
All in all, this is a very good hotel. Wish they made it adults only though for pure relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut