Hansar Samui Resort
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$152
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$148
OZOHotels.com
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$183
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$169
  • Pool
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$204
Orbitz.com
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$88
Agoda.com
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$223
Orbitz.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$135
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$233
2,542 results
All reviewsh bistroxl roomfisherman's villageluxsa spainfinity poolxl sea viewhappy hourlight switchesbeach barrain showerday bedlarge balconybeachfront roombophut beachour honeymoonbeach frontthird floor
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Trust the reviews!!!! AWESOME

The location is excellent! It's next to the fisherman's village walking street. since it's only open on fri nights, do remember to book your stay there over friday wend. There are alot of nice restaurants by the beach there to choose from as well as foot massage and manicure places as well as day tours to the nearby islands. awesome! The hotel is huge, pool is great. Food at breakfast was very gd and the service is gd as well. Bed are huge ad soft and comfy with a nice balcony overlooking the beach with a "rocking chair" to enjoy at the platio. The bar by the beach offers a 1 for 1 drink during happy hour as well. We really miss this hotel as we adjourned to another hotel at chewing beach.

like the rest of this island.....bring yr mozzie spray everywhere :P

If you are looking for a resort stay in koh samui especially bohput...Just book this hotel!!! Its worth it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynnwee_lin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Everything about this resort is 5 stars. Highly recommended.

Hansar pays attention to details which is apparent right from the minute you step in.
The food and drinks are one of the best on the island.
The rooms are well designed.

The location is not a hideaway but the property grounds make up for it. The beach is swimmable but not pristine. Fisherman village is walking distance.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have nothing but praise for the Hansar! It was recommended to us by a friend, but he didn't do it justice.

First if all, the service is incredible. We booked last minute from Chaweng and they sent a free shuttle to pick us up. Each and every one of the staff members are kind, friendly and competent. Sometimes they anticipated what I wanted before I finished telling them!! :)

The resort itself is gorgeous. Lovely infinity pool with ample sunbeds facing the pool, or on a lower level, closer to the beach. Rooms are clean, spacious and nicely designed with a great balcony. The bar staff are fun and friendly and there are 3 happy hours during which you can get delicious 2 4 1 drinks!

Location is perfect. 5 minute walk to fisherman's village with bars and restaurants. Friday is the busy market night. Quite a different atmosphere than the other nights.

Breakfast is fantastic. Great variety at the buffet and a separate menu to order from all included in the price. Try the pancakes- best ever!! Seaviews while you dine. Lunch is quite tasty as well. We didn't try dinner but it looked good.

It's the little touches that make this place unique. Lovely surprises during turndown service; cold bottles of water by the pool.

This is the best resort I have stayed anywhere around.

Excellent value for your money. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Alicia23_13
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Hansar Resort is literally steps away from the nearby village. We were lucky enough to arrive on Friday, the day of the big night market, and could easily stroll from the hotel to the market. The rooms are spacious, with private terraces and a roomy bench to sit and relax. Most, if not all, are oceanview. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at every turn. Samney, at the front desk, speaks excellent English and was extremely helpful in arranging whatever we needed, including arranging for us to use another room to shower after check out on the day of our departure, which was late that afternoon. The bar staff went out of their way to make our day on the beach even better, checking with us at happy hour (2 for 1!) to see if we wanted drinks and providing us with ice buckets to keep them chilled. The pool is amazing - great for lap swimming or just relaxing, with plenty of room for both. Breakfast is included and offers everything from traditional Thai cuisine to toast and peanut butter. We loved our stay here and highly recommend this hotel! Thanks again to the excellent staff!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a large tub in the room itself - very luxurious!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stay at the Hansar Bangkok consistently and love it and feel its truly a step above the Hansar Koh Samui. Overall, as someone who travels extensively for work and stays in a lot of 4-5 stars globally, I found the general problem with Thai run hotels is that you often get the painted on smile, but I don't find the service pro-active (In other words, if you ask for something, you may get it, but they wont often anticipate and fix issues) I arrived at the Hansar Koh Samui for five nights and my first complaint was the softness of the beds. They placed a hard base under the mattress but it still was too soft so the next day, I had to ask them to put another underneath. The hotel was full of kids and families and as I was a solo traveller trying to relax and get some work done, this was not my scene. The rooms are ok but didn't wow me, and there is a largely non functional hut tub in the middle of the room taking a lot of space which I am sure 2% of guests use. Breakfast is fair. I like peanut butter at breakfast, which they had my first day. On the second day, I noticed it was missing. I asked one of the servers who pointed at some Nutella and insisted it was peanut butter. I told him it was not, and he proceeded to get into a bit of a confrontation with me and then disappeared to the back. The young lady working with him that morning seemed equally irritated and avoided my table. I find this passive aggressiveness typical of Thai service. 'Rather than deal with the issue, we will avoid you and pretend you are not there"
The manager Sami was thoughtful and listened, told me he would address his employees, who, the next day, were all smiles, of course. I eventually left this hotel. Sami agreed to waive some of my days and give me a partial refund 'after talking to my manager". By the way he IS the manager so I think this was just a way to avoid confrontation. He didn't get back to me at the agreed time (of course), so I called him back. and after successive "run arounds", my refund ended up MUCH less than originally agreed. Not a surprise. To be fair, I had a non refundable rate and so the concession was as a result of all the hotel hiccups and misses on their part.

Anyway, if going to Samui and you are of discerning tastes, I would recommend you stick with the 4-5 star Western hotels; I LOVED the Intercontinental. I went there for a drink and it is head and shoulders above: true sophisticated luxury. Perhaps somewhat more secluded, but perfect if you want to get away from the families with kids and throngs of noisy, annoying drunken tourists (mostly young, white male once a year vacationers). Sorry to be blunt, but wish someone had written this review for me before I booked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo