My husband and 12 year old son and I stayed at the Hansar for 10 nights in April, we had the Sea View XL room. When we arrived at the Hansar I was slightly underwhelmed by the greeting from the reception staff and the reception area, however check-in was quick and we were shown to our room. We had emailed in advance to ensure the spare bed was available but when we got to our room there was no bed made up for our son. We reminded the lady who had shown us to our room, even though it was pretty obvious there were 3 of us. She quickly informed us of the charge for the spare bed, and charge for the extra breakfast. When we checked our booking we realised our rate included the spare bed and extra breakfast so went to reception to sort it out, however they had realised their mistake but still had not come to tell us that. We later had to call for extra towel, glass etc. We had stayed at the Kempinski in Bangkok beforehand and the spare bed, extra towel, slippers, dressing gown were all there ready. So...not a great start.
The room was big and comfortable, although I did find it a bit dusty, especially around the wardrobe area. As stated in other reviews, the wardrobe/cupboard space isn't great but we managed to find homes for everything. Some of the towels we had throughout our stay were on their last legs, and seemed thin and grey, again I compared back to the Kempinski with its large,fluffy white towels. The best part of the room was the big balcony with 2 rocking chairs and large daybed, the fan meant it was lovely to sit out any time of day.
Breakfast was ok, small selection of fruit, cereal etc. Eggs were good, although the poached were barely cooked on our first day so I stuck to scrambled or omelette. Good coffee, poor choice of pastries. Upstairs is cooler and we found the staff more pleasant up there. When I sent my eggs back the first morning the replacement eggs didn't come with mushrooms and when I asked to have some the waitress crossly told me to get them from the buffet.
We ate in the hotel restaurant only one evening but it was very good food and good service.
Pool was lovely, good temperature and depth. There were enough sun loungers but only just some days. Enjoyed the Happy Hours and cocktails were good, try the Tom Yum Martini - lovely!
Was very disappointed with the beach and sea, sand was very coarse and hurt to walk on and the sea was very murky even in the shallow water.
Location is great just on the edge of Fisherman's Village with loads of restaurants and shops selling the usual stuff. The Thai food we ate was obviously tamed down for Western tastes which was a shame, but the international food we had was good. Two that comes to mind are Crepe 55 both for savoury and sweet but also good ice cream and also The Shack, great food, steak was better here than Gary Rhodes restaurant.
All in all, a bit of a mixed bag.. I would recommend the Hansar to someone who was wanting to stay in that area... But would I go back... Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut