“A Guilty pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Canberra, Australia
“A Guilty pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed. It's wow from arriving at the resort until leaving. We wish we could stay longer.

We booked the beach front room which is amazing. There are only 6 of them. Big balcony with spectacular unobstructed ocean view. Huge room with bath tub and huge shower, double basin, ideal for couples on honeymoon.

The service is attentive all the time and staff know the guests. They can arrange anything we like. We get fresh roses and chocolates daily in our room (even though we are not in honeymoon). It's located at the end of the fishermans village thus there's plenty of eateries and shops.

Swimming pool is amazingly spectacular. Or you can just swim in the ocean.

Bistro h is simply one of the best restaurants we have been. The breakfast is just simply amazing (as well as dinner). You can also book for romantic dinner for 2 on the beach.

I have only one small criticism. Because the beach front rooms are right at the end of the fishermans village, there is some motor bike noise around 11 pm as the shops are closing. After 11 pm, it is peaceful again.

It's highly recommended, especially for honeymooners.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CanberraTourist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

It's a great hotel for hideaway and just relax, it felt secluded and yet fisherman's market is just 3 minutes walk from the beach entrance.
You can find many seafood restaurant here.

But don't forget to try having dinner in the hotel. Very few knows that the chef used to work in lebua bangkok.
His food was just amazing.
It's really surprising to find good quality food on this small island.

Downside :
there is not enough space by the washing basin to place my amenities.

the beach sand is softer at chaweng area.

And mind you that their shower is see through :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank philip k
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at Hansar Samui for 2 nights, from 4 - 6 June 2014. My first impression when I reached the hotel is the beautiful modern clean look resort property with warm touch of woods and full of friendly staff. The check-in process was done in no time, and I was escorted to my room right away. My room has stunningly beautiful view to the sea, a private balcony (just like every rooms here), 5 star standard amenities and open space shower area (inside the room). So in my opinion this resort is more likely for couples than for friends or families, unless they give some sort of curtain to cover the shower area. All the area of the resort was very clean, you will see smiling staff wherever you go, so it feels like home. They also give you chocolate and rose every evening, which is for me, as a chocolate-lover, it was such a mood booster. Hansar Samui located just next to the Fisherman Village, which offered many dining options, even so, you have to try food at Hansar Samui as well, the H-Bistro has good selection of western and thai food with superb taste and presentation, ask recommendation menu from the staff as they spoke quite good english and very attentive. The price is good, for hotel restaurant its really worth the money. On second day, I got chance to try The LUXSA spa, I took the 90 minutes “LUXSA Massage” as it’s their signature treatment. The massage room was quite spacious (I got couple room), with two massage beds and round bathtub in the centre, private shower + steam room and toilet. The atmosphere was very serene and calming and my masseur had skillful hands and very attentive, she asked me several times if the pressure was ok. In result, I felt really refreshed and happy after the treatment, the LUXSA spa is one to try if you want to experience a real good massage. Overall my stay in Hansar Samui was AMAZING, the room is beautiful, clean and comfortable; the location is great, not as loud as Chaweng beach, but still has many things to see, dine and shop, thanks to the Fisherman Village; the infinity pool and sun-beds are really inviting to swim and get tanned; the price is very reasonable for all the service and facilities. And the most important thing is, they know how to take care of their guest, they even arranged me a “takeaway-breakfast” as I have early morning flight to catch on 6 June. Very caring. I would certainly return to this beautiful property again whenever I got the chance.
A little tips, while you in Samui don't forget to take the Island Tour, you may ask the front desk to arrange it for you, it's a 4-5 hours tour around the Island, visiting all the tourist attraction including elephant ride, waterfall, temples, big stones, etc. The journey was pleasantly fun for me, our driver was very attentive, patient and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Dennis L
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from a first rate holiday at this lovely resort !
The hotel ammenities were wonderful- The staff were amazing and the location by the Fisherman's Village fantastic. I would return to this modern, clean superb resort in a heart beat.
Excellent in every way !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank 544Trudy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I recently stay at Hansar and found the property lovely. The quiet beach and close proximity to the airport were perfect. Room comfort, breakfast, and staff performance were extraordinary. I've traveled extensively in Thailand (20 times) and found the service to be 5 star along with a nice promenade in front of the hotel. Many choices for shopping and dining on the beach just a short walk from the resort. We had beachfront (only 6 available) and would highly recommend this choice. We had no issue with the recent "turmoil" and truly enjoyed a lovely time. The pool staff and facilities were great. My only minor complaint was that our check-in was a bit hurried and room orientation perfunctory. If you want quiet luxury with great value, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Beachfront if you can get it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Critical1
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

What an amazing honeymoon we had!! Excellent location! Excellent service!! Everything was just perfect!! Strongly recommend the Dinning under the stars!!! Great dinner!! Will keep it in our hearts forever! If we can go back will choose this place for sure!!! Thanks for everything!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Carlos-Beto-Ortiz
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

There is no words that could describe the beauty and service of the Hansar Samui.

My husband and I stayed here at the end of May as part of a holiday for my husband's 50th birthday.

Right from the moment we were picked up from the airport by Keng we were made to feel welcome. As we were being driven to the resort Keng pointed out items of interest and explained about some of the things we could do on the island.

Check in was a breeze and within 10 minutes we were shown to our room.

The room was beautiful and very clean and the view from the window was just amazing looking out over the pool and the beach.

Breakfast each day was plentiful with good variety and any request was made possible.

We booked a couple of tours thru reception and again nothing was an issue and it was all arranged and we were able to enjoy our time with no hassles.

We found every single staff member to be very friendly and going beyond what was expected to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

On the day of my husband's birthday a group of staff turned up when we were in the pool singing happy birthday and carrying a cake. We really appreciated the gesture as it was unexpected and really added to the day.

If you want to stay somewhere that is peaceful and the staff are so helpful then you would not get any better than the Hansar Samui. The resort is a very short walk to the Fishermans Village where there are a lot of dining options.

We were sad to leave and hopefully we will be back one day soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank KiwiNeed2Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
SALA Samui Resort And Spa
#1 of 10 in Choeng Mon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,073 reviews
Sensimar Koh Samui (Adults Only Resort)

Been to Hansar Samui Resort? Share your experiences!