A perfectly sized (and located) resort with a top notch pool, a gorgeous beach, wonderful amenities, and a dedicated staff - all of which makes for a lovely and restoring vacation away from the bustle of the city. Within 30 minutes of landing at the airport, you can be situated at this gracious resort where the cares of the world slip away and you truly begin to relax.
When we arrived, we were greeted with fresh juice, cool towels, and gentle instructions on how to get the most from our stay. Our room was large with a private balcony that looked over the ocean, the pool, and the manicured lawn. We spent many happy hours in this space reading and watching the weather changes over the gulf while the fan whirled overhead and the breezes lulled us to sleep.
The restaurant connected to the resort is outstanding - I think I had my best meal in all of Thailand on a rainy evening in this space. Perfectly prepared with top notch service, it was a memorable meal of elegant thai cuisine. The resort also serves a fantastic breakfast every morning - with the windows open to the sea and the smell of coffee and fresh fruits, it is a relaxing and gracious way to begin your day.
When we tired of being perfectly happy, we made our way to fishermen's village (a three minute walk) where a myriad of restaurants, spas, and tiny boutiques kept us occupied before returning to the resort for more bliss. On one day, we rented a car and toured the island - there is much to see and it makes for a wonderful contrast to the quiet of the resort to try interesting street food and visit some of the island's temples and villages. But of course, all of this was made more pleasurable knowing we could return to the comfort of the Hansar and take a dip in the pool after a hot day of touring.
Of particular note is the staff at the Hansar - they truly went out of their way to make our stay pleasurable. At one point during our holiday, my husband grew ill and we had to make new travel arrangements. Every staff member bent over backwards to make these changes for us with multiple calls to airlines and agents and patience while we made decisions. We were deeply grateful for their help and care during that time.
Two staff especially - Ingrid and Tiger - provided special service to us - bringing fruits for us to try, making arrangements, and teaching us about the local customs. If you travel to the Hansar, make sure to meet them as they will make your stay quite special.
Our only recommendations are:
From time to time, the room would grow a little moldy smelling due to its proximity to the sea and the open windows. An improved ventilation might help.
And the resort needs new towels and robes In such a gorgeous, 5 star space - the towels and robes in the rooms feel a little tired and in need of replacement. Housekeeping does a wonderful job of keeping the rooms fresh and clean. All that is missing are quality linens to complement the rest of the space.
We would go back in a second...and hope we can soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut