My friends were visiting Bangkok and booked this little hotel as a getaway...I was a bit apprehensive since I was bringing my 14 month old and would be traveling alone. I had absolutely nothing to worry about! The setting is gorgeous, the rooms were spacious and very clean. The rooms are definitely designed for romantic couples, but they provided a cot, and there was a giant bathtub for my toddler to splash around in, as well as an amazing spacious balcony that looked right out to the ocean. My son loved hanging out on the balcony waving to all the staff and people walking by. As the other reviewers said, the pool is amazing. There is a very large shallow section at the top where you can turn on the bubbles. My toddler spent hours trying to "catch" the water. There is also a large sandy area and a large shaded wood platform "cabana" overlooking the beach. The staff were super friendly and attentive. At one point they brought us cold towels on a particularly hot day. They also improvised toddler-friendly food on demand.
I also had time to go to the Luxsa Spa. This was so different from the over-priced hotel spas geared towards foreigners. Not only were the prices reasonable, but the staff were very informative about all the elements of the spa before, during, and after the treatment. They provided a consultation beforehand regarding what kind of treatment I might need, and then summed up the areas where they felt stress or tightness afterwards. It was remarkable!
One last point is the H Bistro. Most places we go to serve uninteresting Western food but at a price. The food here is both gorgeous and delicious. The hotel breakfast is one of the best we've had in all of Thailand. We made dinner reservations one night and wow! We were thoroughly impressed by the quality of food, the taste, the presentation, and the prices were reasonable. We will definitely come again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut