Me and my wife had a wonderful time at the Hansar.
The good things about this place :
- Sleek and pure design:
The whole place feels very clean modern/contemporary with a touch of Asian design, very spacious and every room is facing the sea with floor to sealing windows. This is a big plus compared to other resorts nearby. (We walked on the Bophut beach extensively and I can guarantee you most of the other resorts have a clumpier design and dont feel as open.
- Hotel layout :
Again compared to other resorts, the Hansar has a very big rectangular access to the beach, no obstruction from trees / buildings. Basically there is the beach, an infinity pool almost the size of the Hotel and directly behind are the rooms all facing sea and pool. This makes you feel much more comfortable and spacious when at the pool or on the beach. The guest/room number to beach/pool size ratio is definitely a Big Big plus.
- The minus:
- The design and openness of the rooms also have disadvantages :
Both toilet, shower and bath tub are part or the room and mostly transparent with glass design : this is great for couples like us, but I can imagine the nightmare for parents with kids or other relatives sharing one room and trying to have a little privacy.
- This one is a subjective view not really a minus.
This hotel is very modern and contemporary. Its boutique but we sometime had the feeling that we could be anywhere around the tropic. So for people looking for something more exotic and local on Bophut, there is the Zazen at the far end of Bophut ( we had a very nice diner and a tour of the place) and this one is definitely the exotic one. but again if you like chill and openness definitely go for the Hansar !
Little secret we discovered during our stay :
The XL sea view is fantastic value, almost double the size of a regular roughly 800 sq foot instead of 500 for only 20% extra charge.
We highly recommend you to try to book 1209 or 1309, those XL rooms are right in the middle of the resort with definitely the best view of all. (we requested the change to 1309 once we were there and got fulfilled after the 2nd night). Very nice gesture from the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 10 minutes from the Island's International airport, Bophut Beach's newest 5 Star Resort features 74 luxuriously appointed rooms with unobstructed ocean views, free wireless internet access and oversize balconies. A leisurely stroll down the quaint cobblestone 'walking street' adjacent to the resort, is the vibrant Fisherman's Village, with its antique wooden shop fronts, chic cafes and atmospheric seaside bars. The name Hansar is taken from the ancient Sanskrit language and translates to mean happiness and joy. The concept and philosophy of Hansar Samui is to deliver an experience to each guest that is happy, memorable and enjoyable. Hansar Samui is about living life in full colour and finding joy in every moment. Hansar Samui offers luxurious, beachfront, spacious accommodation with unobstructed sea views from every room, and supersize private balconies and oversize daybeds for outdoor living and entertaining. Open plan yet intimate, each room has been artfully finished with teak floors, terrazzo bathrooms and local textiles to provide a sense of place. Chic custom furnishings, large flat screen TVs balance the design's natural touches with a modern flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Samui Hotel Bophut
- Hansar Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut