“A great place to stay while in Koh Samui.”

Natural Samui Hotel
Ranked #105 of 157 Bophut B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here with my family and friends for a few days during January 2014. It's a very clean, quiet and beautiful hotel. Places of interest such as Fisherman's village and Bhoput beach are walking distance from the hotel.

The only request I would like to make to the management of this hotel, is to request them to change the breakfast menu once in a while. It really becomes very boring eating the same thing again and again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were moved to this hotel after our previous hotel overbooked. 1st time we called to confirm the move, we were told they had no record of us moving, leaving us with no hotel for NYE. The second time we called we got through to the Reservations Manager who was more helpful and confirmed our booking. We than informed them that we would be 1 day late (due to trains) and he was happy to accommodate. Clean, hot shower, good pool. I would advise asking for a ground floor room as this opens up onto your balcony directly onto the pool.

Bit in the middle of nowhere (as everything in Koh Samui seems to be) so expect to get a taxi everywhere. Only bad point is staff were unable to book a taxi for us so we had to go find ourselves one everytime. Only stayed one night but it was more than suitable for what was needed (a base for Koh Phangan NYE party)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Hi.I stayed here with my boyfriend. Honestly, we were looking for some quiet small but fantastic place where we could enjoy the nature, the beach, ourselves… So we got very happy when we checked in and started to realize we made the right choice.. First of all surroundings are just beautiful, only 5 minutes by walk to the clean cozy beach.. Wherever you look you see palm trees, nicely looking bushes and lovely local flowers.

The interior of the hotel makes you feel relaxed; the staff is very attentive and cautious. Our room had a wonderful view to garden, so the first things we heard in the morning were birds singing, trees soughing with light wind. And the room itself (we stayed in 217, ) was quite spacious, clean and bright, with quality mattress.
The breakfast is served in a cute restaurant, and as we preferred to try more healthy and light food on vacations, we were very happy to find delicious things to eat, for instance vegetable omelette (with organic eggs :) , toasts of wonderful roasted bread, vegetable variety.

So I would recommend this nice hotel to stay if you are seeking for peaceful accommodation in a beautiful paradise-like place, and wish to get emotionally refreshed before you get to that hustle-bustle life back in your home. It was happy experience for me and my boyfriend. Many thanks to all staff who was part of it. Surely see you again!

Room Tip: 2.floor great view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kerstin t
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband, 2 and a half year old daughter and 6 year olds on stayed here along with our friends from the 6th to the 10th April. The staff were fantastic with the children - always smiling and giving the kids the odd treat or two! The manager is a lovey man who would go out of his way to help us.

The rooms are very clean and large (we had a room with two kingside beds to accommodate the kids, hubbie and I).

We ate at the Fisherman's Village most nights and walked there and back. It is not far but with two little ones we had to be careful of the busy road/uneven pavement in the dark. There is a great range of food for all tastes and budgets.

The beach was quite quiet and there are a number if nice bars along it. It is not the best beach for little ones as the it shelves quite steeply but as our youngest didn't want to go in the water and us eldest had a cast on his arm that did not bother us!

We would recommend this hotel to others and I wonder if the people who have recently had a bad experience have for this hotel mixed-up with another one??

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a pretty bad experience staying here. The location is not great because it is far from the beach and there is nothing around this hotel. The rooms are absolutely disgusting. There's no hot water so I had to take freezing cold showers while staying here. Also the safe in our room looked like it had been broken into. It was smashed and dented so poorly that the door wouldn't close. The floor of the room was really sticky so I had to wear shoes at all times because it grossed me out. There were also stains on the bed sheets.

The manager here is an absolutely nasty woman. Every day I heard her arguing and shouting at guests. She seemed to be constantly picking fights with guests. I don't think she believes in customer service or friendliness. This woman made my stay rather unpleasant and stressful. My recommendation is to avoid this revolting hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Whit56003
Natural Samui N, Director of Sales at Natural Samui Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Whit56003

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us at Natural Samui Hotel Koh Samui. I am very disappointed that you were unhappy with the services received at our Resort.please be inform you that we already change a new Owner and management team to continually strive to meet each of our guest's expectations.I am profusely sorry that we failed to deliver this to you and your friends during your holidays with us.

Although I cannot erase your poor experience with us,I would be very much to see you again and gave you a little compensate..
I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort

with best regards,

Kamkoon Songmuang
Director of sales Marketing

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Having been in Thailand for over a month and having stayed in over 30 different hostels/hotels, I found that Natural Samui Hotel was by far the best.
Recently under new management by a lovely man called Noi, the hotel is a very relaxed, clean and pleasant place to stay.
Noi and his staff were incredibly attentive and polite, we asked if they had a BBQ that we could use and Noi went well out of his way to find us one and to help us prepare and cook all the food. He also set a dining table up as though we were special guests.
My friend was poorly one morning and Noi brought her toast and green tea to make her feel better and he went especially to buy ice and buckets for us to keep drinks in for evenings by the pool.
All the staff always have friendly smiles on their faces and really made our stays enjoyable. Anything you need they will go above and beyond to sort it for you. All in all, a fantastic stay for a bargain price.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gracetodd
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was absolutely disgusted with the lack of cleanliness in this hotel. We stayed two nights. The first night we left our towels on the bathroom floor so that the cleaning staff would replace them with fresh clean towels. When we got back to our room later in the day we found the same damp towels folded up and placed on our bed.

The worst experience that we had at the hotel was the toilet paper in the bathroom had bloody finger prints on it.

The manager of the hotel was also extremely hostile very a negative attitude. She did not believe in any kind of customer service and always had a frown on her face.

This hotel is also a far walk from the beach.

I would strongly advise keeping your distance from this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kay M

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am very disappointed that you were unhappy with your overall experience at our Resort.I am very sorry that we failed to deliver this to you and your partner during your recent visit.pleased to inform you that we are in new Owner and management team now and retrieve all guest expectations...

althought i cannot erase all what happens during you stay with us,please accept my apologise on behalf of my staff Natural Samui Hotel..
I would be happy if you stay with us again and gave you a little compensate..

best regards