“Best gym in asia!”

Superpro Samui
Ranked #22 of 215 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
“Best gym in asia!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Have trained there for years! Good trainers, nice staff and Robbie is the man!!
They also have a excellent mma trainer from Sweden( Daniel ) that will for sure take you to the next level.
Head coach For Thaiboxing charroon, has trained a lot of champions both in Thailand and in Europe. He has an excellent eye for the individual, and will perfect your style.
Johnny

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Leno202

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've just returned after one month of muay thai training at superpro samui. The teachers are really great, they take their time with everyone and really help you when needed. I've talked to a few people on the camp who have been training multiple camps throughout Thailand. They all told me that superpro was the best i by far when it comes to training and facilities. The rest of the staff is really friendly, the rooms are cleaned on a daily base and everything works proper ( wifi, hot shower, airco etc). Next to chaweng and not far from Lamai, located in a quiet environment. If your looking for a great and proper muay thai camp, go to this place!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Victorvanderveen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Please note I only did the Muay Thai training and did not stay at the hotel. The training is relatively fast paced with a number of local coaches attending the session. For someone coming fresh from the European winter, harsh physical activity in the heat and humidity was somewhat of a shock (get some electrolyte powder for fluid replacement in Boots, 8 baht a satchet).

The training session runs for about 2 hours with a morning and evening session (I exclusively did the 8am - 10am slot). The typical setup is:
- Run / skipping 20 mins
- Technique / bag work
- one on one with a trainer holding pads, 3 rounds of 3 mins
- more bag work and conditioning.

The coaches have some level of English but are far from fluent but you will quickly find out when you are doing something wrong .. The level of coaching is OK depending on who you have with the pads or just who happens to be close to you. There is a very varied crowd training ranging from complete beginners to seasoned fighters (quite a few girls too), the place is quite welcoming. There is also a fully equipped gym but I didn't try it.

I also tried a smaller gym (Yuthpan, close to The Kala) which had less students so more focus on you but I didn't get the feeling that they had the same level of experience.

Gloves and wraps can be borrowed at Superpro. One session is 400 baht which is not far off London prices although weekly deals or longer is also available.

All in all I will come back if I find myself in Samui again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Risiffrutti
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The rooms at the hotel are nice & clean, has everything you need. The staff are friendly & if you want the full Thai experience get friendly with Koppy... the room price includes 2 muay thai training per day. if you are not in shape yet, start with the morning training. the trainers are professionals and funny. not all of them speak English though. the resort itself located in the jungle, it has great swimming pool and good size gym (if there are not too many people). if muay thai is your thing. go there!!!!

Room Tip: ask for the view to the mattresses if you want to watch the training from the balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank hadasdaya
Shanghai
Reviewed 30 September 2012

First off all I would like to thank the trainers for the great and though workouts. I spend allmost 3 weeks at Super Pro and really improved my Muay Thai skills.
The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean.
The complex of Super Pro also includes a kitchen so you can prepare your own shakes and meals.
I will definitly go back in the near future.

2 Thank Reijemtim
London
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I didn't stay at SuperPro - I was there (for the second time) for the training. However, I was so impressed with what's on offer that I wanted to share it with those looking for opportunities to participate in Muay Thai or MMA as part of a holiday.

I really can't praise the co-owner Robbie and his team highly enough. The trainers are a fantastic bunch of guys. Yes, they're tough (what's the point in being there if they weren't!) but they are also incredibly patient, supportive and encouraging. They really put you through your paces (especially in the heat of Thailand) but they do it with great fun - and a sense of humour. These guys are just brilliant and, by the end of my week, I felt liked I'd also made some new buddies.

Crucial to Superpro's success (in my opinion) is that the trainers treat everyone as equal. I am not a young guy but I am in good shape, so I want a serious workout but I don't want to feel left out of it just because I'm not up there with some of the others when it comes to experience or technique. At no point in either of my visits did I ever feel that.

In summary, if you'd like some serious training (and some fun) just as part of a holiday, or because you are seriously into Muay Thai or MMA, you won't be disappointed if you choose Superpro.

3 Thank Travelnut113
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Trained recently at Superpro Samui and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I did not stay at the resort so this review will be of the training facilities only and not the accommodation facilities.

SuperPro has both personal ‘one on one’ training as well as morning and afternoon group sessions available and is very well equipped, with both Muay Thai and MMA training facilities along with a separate weights and cardio area for those wanting to work out which you can do without participating in Muay Thai classes if you choose. There are 2x rings and 1x full size MMA cage plus a separate training area for the morning and afternoon class sessions. The Russian National team was staying and training at Superpro whilst I was there so this gives you an idea as to the quality of training and accommodation facilities available.

Training is very flexible and you decide what you want to do which is very important. There is no pressure and beginners are most welcome….. There are morning and afternoon class sessions (2hrs each) in duration. You are welcome to do one or both or none is entirely up to you. I did mostly one on one sessions in the mornings with a personal trainer beau (Many thanks) after my weights sessions as this suited my time on the Island better but you can decide what suits you best.

Staff is very friendly and experienced and is the main reason for my excellent rating. I have trained at several of the large camps in Thailand and this is easily the most friendly and welcoming. Training needs to be intense sure but for me it also needs to be fun and I could not fault this place at all. We shared many laughs and hung out after hours also at the numerous fight nights to support the SuperPro fighters both local Thai nationals and Foreigners.

All in all a great training facility, clean with excellent friendly staff and I highly recommend it to anybody thinking of training in Koh Samui. I have already booked my next trip back later in the year.

Room Tip: If you are staying at Chaweng Beach and not at SuperPro hire a scooter and ride in and out like i di...
5 Thank Derek1971