“very special place”

Ranked #125 of 503 Restaurants in Bophut
Price range: US$2 - US$2
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Le Jaroen at The Scent Hotel is a “…A Secret World…” in itself. Housed in a chic colonial boutique hotel the restaurant was created to be the most romantic on this beautiful island. Located 5 minutes from Fisherman’s Village, Le Jaroen offers sublime French-Mediterranean Cuisine with classic and contemporary influences. Breathtaking views, exquisite cuisine and wonderful wines – An evening at Le Jaroen will be your most memorable on Samui. Our peaceful beach is the perfect location private dinner on the beach.
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

perfect service and food!
the best steak rosini in the island.
the atmosfere make you feel special and have unforgetible moments!
see you in december.

3  Thank nikolov007

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

we visited le jaroen with frankly low expectations given some of the TA reviews I had read. However we were so pleasantly surprised. the food is of such a high standard it equalled or surpassed meals in london and new york. we are seafood lovers so had the tuna tartare and the snow fish and both were outstanding. it is very quiet- we were the only two customers the night we went - and although we normally would mark down for that in this case we just enjoyed the romantic atmosphere. I would recommend it for couples looking for a special dinner. the view was amazing even at night, the beach was peaceful and we really enjoyed it.

2  Thank tallool
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Visited Le Jaroen for lunch – food was good and above average. Atmosphere is nicely done and designed as a small boutique hotel. Was amazed with the hotel’s colonial décor, which is pretty what makes this place stand out among other scenic and unique dining spots around Samui.

I started my lunch with their signature drink – The Scent Cocktail – a very nice cocktail with very nice aroma. It tasted something like grape juice, vodka and some apples or ginger ale, which was refreshing. That was probably one of the highlights of my lunch at the restaurant. Although it wasn’t even dinner but I like cocktails. Then next, is the food – I had the salmon tartar for starter which was above average but I’ve had better elsewhere. Then comes the seafood pasta which was also pretty nice but it was not the best. My friend was happy with his Massamun curry and the scent burger. But the afternoon tea was just horrible – all I could see in the platter was some sliced up grape, red beans pastry, cucumber sandwich and really soggy spring rolls. Was not at all happy, and especially paying 450 baht (excluding tax and service charge) is just… I don’t know what to say.. For the tea itself, they used some high quality mint tea, which I enjoyed.

Major drawbacks of this place are the waiters. I know lunch time over in the hotel may be a little quiet and not raved with people but it’s no excuse to only just have one person to take care of the restaurant. In addition to that, I couldn’t really communicate to the waiter properly. Most importantly, I did not arrive at the restaurant so smoothly, given that the waiter did not even say 'hi' or welcome their guests into the restaurant. I even had to ask him to bring me the menu, which I never saw that coming for an expensive restaurant like this. I don't actually see how difficult it is to welcome a few guests to a table and bring them over the lunch menu? Also, I asked for evian still water and he still ended up serving some other labelled still water, but I couldn't any more fussed given I already experienced colossal carelessness issues from the waiter. After ordering my drinks, some friends and I had to wait for 10 minutes or so for drinks and cocktails to arrive. The waiter seemed busy serving other tables as he was the only one working in the restaurant at the time. Plus I could just notice him sitting there looking bored at the bar when I raised my hand up to order something. All was still okay, there were more waiters and bartenders coming around later and served the food on time. Otherwise, this is not worth it for a costly meal, especially not worth it because the restaurant did not even prepare napkins like other fine dining restaurants does in Samui. Instead, they had tissues.

Lunch at Le Jaroen may not be as good as some people might say about their dinner, but I must say that this lunch was not a pleasant one. Overall, it’s a nice small hotel with really nice scent in their lobby and okay food, but no more. It could've been better.. Don’t plan on returning.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing. Location is beautiful. Cost is about 10,000 baht for a nice meal, bottle of wine and a few drinks. Only criticism which marred the end of the eve, nobody was able to call us a cab, so we had to stand on the coast road trying to hail one... In the dark and wet...( although, nice waiter assisted ) ... A bit strange to dump you outside after such a lovely eve. Haven't had that problem during our 4 week stay. Recommend you organise your return before the evening end!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Couldn't believe to find such a cozy place in this island . Dinner was outstanding, the place looks beautiful, romantic, quiet, front of beach, and the Swedish guy was nice and polite... Strongly recommended. Don't miss the Mille feuille, wonderful dessert