I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Mantra Samui Resort in December for 7 nights. I would have always been a little apprehensive of traveling to Thailand in the 'high' season especially at a busy time like December but after being to Thailand twice before, I couldn't resist the chance to go again.
The instant we got to the hotel we knew we had picked the right place. The hotel is located up high in the Bophut Hills and this provides breath taking views of the surrounding areas. Also, I got a great kick out of the Volkswagen van set up in the lobby!
The hotel is situated on a steep hill and if you like a bit of daily exercise you can walk around the property or if you'd prefer to relax you can catch a lift on the easily available golf buggies. The gym is extremely well equipped and is opened 24hr a day. You can also have a nice trot on the treadmill while overlooking the stunning views. The sauna and salt room are another great addition to the hotel and they run regular yoga classes. Unfortunately I was only able to go to one but found it a nice way to interact with the other guests in a way that you probably wouldn't do if you were lying by the pool or at the bar.
Mantra offers frequent shuttle bus services to Chaweng or Bophut if you want to see the rest of the island and the hotel manager Robert was always at hand to offer advice on where to go, what to see or if there was any other information or help we needed.
The hotel staff in general were extremely polite and helpful. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and the dinning area was immaculate. I enjoyed a whole host of options at meal times as they provided a well varied vegetarian selection. My favourite time was breakfast as they had a large range of locally sourced fruit. They seemed very environmentally and socially conscious in this regard as the staff told us that they source as much local produce as possible for the kitchen and they even have their own herb garden! It was nice to think in some small way you were helping the local people of the area as you were slugging back your third fresh pineapple juice of the morning!
Some unique aspects of the hotel that I really found well thought out were the movie theater where you could watch various movies, they even had TED videos showing during the day, which I liked to check out when I had too much sun. Each room also has it's own computer and there is free WI-FI access. My favourite thing though was that it was possible to have a lovely Illy coffee at any time day or night in the comfort of your own room!
I soaked up every minute of this holiday and would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Thailand to go to Samui without hesitant and stay in the Mantra hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut