“Excellent Birthday”

Ranked #21 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Budapest
“Excellent Birthday”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed at Mantra in November. It was my Birthday present I was sleeping in the Wow room.
I like the terrace vey much. I read my book on the terrace and next to the swimmingpool.
Nice people work in Montra. Breakfast time I was eating queen food. Egg florentine, salmon, house bread, tropical food, ginger tea and coffee.
I go to spa many days. I like the white pearl body scrub and like manicure too.
Shuttle boys are very nice. I was walking and I was sitting Shuttle boys bus. I was shopping Island tour.
I was going to Grandpa rock and I was going Grandma rock. I was looking big Budha and morning market. Driving boy was very nice.
Cleaning girls was making me flower on top bad. Yoga teacher was smiling. I was in cooking class Mantra cook was cookin pad Thay an cocconat soup. i was cooking too.

Thank you very much and I hope you let me to enjoed to be in the Mantra Family Members.

Ágnes Garai

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Mantra Samui Resort in December for 7 nights. I would have always been a little apprehensive of traveling to Thailand in the 'high' season especially at a busy time like December but after being to Thailand twice before, I couldn't resist the chance to go again.

The instant we got to the hotel we knew we had picked the right place. The hotel is located up high in the Bophut Hills and this provides breath taking views of the surrounding areas. Also, I got a great kick out of the Volkswagen van set up in the lobby!

The hotel is situated on a steep hill and if you like a bit of daily exercise you can walk around the property or if you'd prefer to relax you can catch a lift on the easily available golf buggies. The gym is extremely well equipped and is opened 24hr a day. You can also have a nice trot on the treadmill while overlooking the stunning views. The sauna and salt room are another great addition to the hotel and they run regular yoga classes. Unfortunately I was only able to go to one but found it a nice way to interact with the other guests in a way that you probably wouldn't do if you were lying by the pool or at the bar.

Mantra offers frequent shuttle bus services to Chaweng or Bophut if you want to see the rest of the island and the hotel manager Robert was always at hand to offer advice on where to go, what to see or if there was any other information or help we needed.

The hotel staff in general were extremely polite and helpful. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and the dinning area was immaculate. I enjoyed a whole host of options at meal times as they provided a well varied vegetarian selection. My favourite time was breakfast as they had a large range of locally sourced fruit. They seemed very environmentally and socially conscious in this regard as the staff told us that they source as much local produce as possible for the kitchen and they even have their own herb garden! It was nice to think in some small way you were helping the local people of the area as you were slugging back your third fresh pineapple juice of the morning!

Some unique aspects of the hotel that I really found well thought out were the movie theater where you could watch various movies, they even had TED videos showing during the day, which I liked to check out when I had too much sun. Each room also has it's own computer and there is free WI-FI access. My favourite thing though was that it was possible to have a lovely Illy coffee at any time day or night in the comfort of your own room!

I soaked up every minute of this holiday and would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Thailand to go to Samui without hesitant and stay in the Mantra hotel.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear schueyf1_fan,

Thank you very much for your kind words and detailed review. When we created the hotel we tried to make sure that we provide a wide variety of services and facilites. It makes me feel good that you enjoed these facilities and as an avid Ted.com fan I am happy that you liked the speeches.

I am also happy to anounce that as of January 8th we will offer 15 shuttles a day (all together to bophut, chaweng and back to the hotel.) So the next time you come you can go even more often to the neighboring beaches.

I really hope that we can see you again soon! Robert
Brussels, Belgium

Five star view.
Sunny staff.
Who needs a Full Moon party when you can dine in Mantra?
Excellent food to make your belly look like a moon.
Great leisure activities, amazing yoga room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear David,

Your review shows that you appreciate what Mantra is all about:) and I am very happy that you enjoyed the food of Chef Dani and his team!
It is a widely known secret that all new colleagues that start with Mantra gain 3-4 kgs in their first two weeks of employment because the staff canteen also hides some deliscious treats!
I hope that we can have you with us again and you will be able to try even more yoga classes!
Thank you for taking the time and writing about us! Robert
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had a wonderful time with my husband in this new hotel. The staff was very helpful and very friendly at the reception, in the gym or in the restaurant. If you like sports, you’re gonna love the well-equipped gym, the beautiful yoga studio, you can play squash, or swim in the infinity swimming pool. The breakfast is very delicious and if you would like to have very special lunch you have to try Ubuntu restaurant. I think it is one of the best on the island. I loved the room’s design, my favourite was the bathroom. The hotel is located on the hillside, the view is amazing, shuttle buses can take you to the beach or to Chaweng. We’ll surely return to Mantra next time we come to Samui.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Gorki88,

I am happy that you and your husband have enjoyed your stay with us, and delighted to read that you liked our Ubuntu Restaurant! We put a very high emphasis on breakfast and it is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed it!
It is wonderful to read that you have found my colleagues to be friendly and we can not wait to have you back in Mantra!
Thank you for your review and for the very nice pictures! Robert
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel is for open-minded people, who can enjoy themselves. I wanted something different than what I have in my country and I was ready to take in Mantra's charm. I found more than helpful staff; mouth watering food; magnificent facilities. In the end I bought a pair of Mantra slippers and asked the chef how he makes the profiterol.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NIKOLETT M
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Very wonderful resort, I really enjoyed so much and hope will stay on same level until I come back again for another vacation

• Stayed December 2011
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Mohdss,

I would like to thank you for reviewing us! We not only hope to remain at the same level but continuously work to make Mantra even better. So you can be sure that the next time you come, you will enjoy your stay again!
surrey
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a crisp contemporary purpose built resort with all luxuries included from the double outside bath to the toothbrushes supplied every comfort has been thought about.
We were slightly dubious prior to booking this hotel as there were very limited reviews and the pictures seemed too good to be true, even the many emails, that we sent prior to booking were answered quickly and professionally by either Robert or Esther.
After the journey up the hill, upon checking into the hotel the staff were so kind and friendly we were at ease immediately before being whisked to our room by an electric buggy!
Our love room was very luxurious with everything you needed from coffee machine to condoms! with wonderful views over the bophut shoreline from our jacuzzi bath on the patio!!!
The managers Robert and Esther were always on hand around the complex, mainly in the restaurant working with the smiling staff assisting, liaising, serving clients with such efficiency and professionalism.
A truly great experience thanks to

them and their great team.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Ivordoodah,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all of us for your kind words. My colleagues and I work very hard to make sure that all our Guests have a great experience in Mantra. Your kind words just gave us a big dose of energy and happiness. It is much appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Hansar Samui Resort
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#3 of 187 in Bophut

Been to Mantra Samui Resort? Share your experiences!