“excellent value for money”

Mantra Samui Resort
Ranked #23 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
oslo
“excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent 5 days in the resort in end of march 2012. We enjoyed the resort very much.Very good exercise room, nice pool area, very good breakfast. You must not be afraid of walking uphill, as the resort is located in a quite steep hill.
The staff was super friendly, and did their best for us. Rooms were very nice.
We recommend this resort for couples, not so well suited for familys with children.
Very good value for money!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Tore525,

I would like to thank you for writing a review about Mantra! I am glad that you found my colleagues to be "super friendly" and that you have enjoyed your stay very much!
I hope to have you back to Mantra again!
Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Beautiful Hotel, Fantastic rooms ( my choice is the Love Room), out of the world service quality, warm people, awesome breakfast spread, and you cannot not mention their divine pancakes......!!!

would love to stay here agin!

Room Tip: Choose the Love room with an outdoor Jacccuzzi on the terrace.....and since they have this and you l...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Maypad,

Thank you very much for your review, I was very glad to read that you find our service "out of this world" and even happier that you love our "divine pancakes".
We will keep on making amazing pancakes, all you have to do is return for an other visit! Robert
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This resort has thought of everything! From the relaxing welcome with a cool towel and a fruit juice cocktail (and definitely no standing in front of a front desk!), to the thoughtful note left on your pillow at night, Mantra Samui was a little piece of paradise. Off the beaten track they offer an oasis with a view to the ocean, plenty of food options including specials (Thai and European), plenty to do for both adults and children and if you fancied going anywhere, there was a shuttle service or a car to take you! Wine is pricey (anywhere you go in Thailand), so stick to their freshly prepared cocktails and beer if you want to let your hair down!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Cosy on the second level above the pool. View was amazing, own day bed in room for th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear TraveliciousLondon,

Thank you very much for writing a review about Mantra! I was happy to read that you found mantra to be a Paradise - eactly what we wanted to create.
I hope that you will be back to us with your Family! Robert
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here 8 nights and had a wonderful time.
We were automatically upgraded to a "Wow" class room - fantastic view from the hill onto the sea, very spacious, with own kitchen. Only thing missing was a jacuzzi - which is provided for honeymoon couples in "love" class rooms.
Apart from two minor issues the service was nothing short of brilliant - the staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Generally any requests were dealt with in a few minutes and with a warm and friendly smile.
The two minor issues:
On Fri 13 April (2012) we had booked the return shuttle from the gorgeous Chaweng Beach, but half an hour after the scheduled pick-up time it had not arrived, so we split a cab with another couple from the Mantra to get back. In fairness the roads were chaotic due to that day being the Thai New Year's Day and there were celebrations going on EVERYWHERE! Fantastic fun, but just a shame we had to wait so long to get back in the hot, humid weather;
That same day we ordered 2 drinks towards the end of Happy Hour but were given something different to what we had asked for. Having accepted (and paid for) both drinks for myself, I asked for the correct drink to be prepared for my wife, but after 3 attempts I gave up as the barman did not appear to understand what I was saying.
Notwithstanding the above, I can honestly say that the staff are so kind and helpful, and never appear to want anything in return (tips etc).
Whilst the Mantra is slightly out of the way - 15 minutes from Fisherman's Village and 25 minutes from Chaweng Beach - the complimentary shuttle service pretty much makes up for that, and the view itself is a massive bonus!
With reception on the lowest level, the restaurant and pool the next level up and then the rooms on the next level up again, there are complimentary electric buggies to take you from one level up to the next - the slopes are extreme and not for carrying suitcases or indeed for old or infirm people.
Food and drinks are generally well priced- occasional delays in the restaurant service but not so bad as to ruin the meal.
All in all, highly recommended - I am sure that after a few more months of operation the few bugs in the system will be fully ironed out and I am sure that my wife and I will come back.

Room Tip: Go for Wow if possible, but if you want your own private jacuzzi then ask for one.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard,

I would like to thank you for writing a detailed review about Mantra!

I was very happy to read that you called our service" nothing short of brilliant" I am very proud of my colleagues!

I am very sorry for the two minor issues:

This was the first Songkran Celebration since we are open and even though our driver left to pick you up 1 hour earlier than usual, the normally 20 minute drive took us over two ours because of the crayze traffic. I am so sorry that we could not get to you in time but I am happy that you had no trouble getting back to Mantra.
I apologise if my colleagues at the bar could not understand what you meant. We continuously hold English courses so I am sure the next time you visit you will see significant improvement!

Dear Richard - I was really happy to read that you will be back to us and you can be certain that you will have an amazing bar experience. Robert
St Kilda, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a very cool resort and I love what they are about. I think it's more suited to friends and couples, but they do have a kids area and cinema/games room for them. The colours and design are super cool - I really liked the look of the rooms, however....
Upon checking into our room and settling the first thing we wanted to do is get in the pool as we were so hot, BUT everyone could see directly into our room and we didn't pay for a room with an amazing room only to keep the blinds closed the whole time. The bathroom is too small to get changed in and upon requesting a different room with more privacy it was a little bit of an issue and a few hours wait. We eventually got a room on a higher level that no one could see into, but there was a slight sewerage smell.
The Pool is gorgeous!!
Staff are very friendly, the resort is nice and clean, the pool is lovely and the breakfast is okay with a fairly good menu (but small portions), the buffet offers toast with preserves, croissants and other pastries, fruits, cereals, yoghurt, cold meats and that’s about it. We had to ask for coffee a few times which never came.
Location wise – WARNING… it’s up a long and winding steep hill that is a little bit off the beaten track. You must insist that your driver takes you to the top and do not let them charge you more for the pleasure. You will need transport (a car ideally as a scooter going up and down that road in the dark would be extremely dangerous), taxi’s around Samui are really pricey and the courtesy bus only does 2 drop offs a day.
Overall a very relaxing stay, but could have been a bit better – i.e. More consideration surrounding privacy in the rooms, some better breakfast options in the way of larger options and some warm items on the buffet, more regular shuttle bus operation.

Room Tip: If you are wanting privacy, specifiy this and request a room on a higher lever as many people can se...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seratori
Dear Seratori,

First of all I would just like to say that it is super cool to read that you find our colors to be super cool!
I was also happy to read that you "love what we are about" and that you found our pool to be gorgeous and my colleagues to be friendly.

During your stay our hotel was operating at 100% occupancy and this is why it took some time for my colleagues to accommodate your room change request - I am sorry if this was inconvenient, but you can be rest assured we did everything we can as fast as possible to make sure you receive a room with more privacy.

There must have been a misunderstanding regarding the shuttle situation as we run 15 shuttles a day (in the mornings we even run 2 buses at the 11 o clock shuttle).
I am sorry to read that you did not receive the coffee that you have ordered. We always make fresh - made to order coffees and I am ashamed to read that your order got lost. I also love coffee in the morning and I am truly sorry for this mistake.

I found your recommendation regarding Koh Samui Taxi Drivers (not employed by our hotel) very valuable as sometimes - crazy as it is - they want to charge extra for driving Guests to our Reception.

Dear Seratori, I took your recommendations to heart and I will make sure that the next time you visit, everything will be to your liking! Robert
Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Gorgeous hotel, they have thought of everything.
Food gorgeous. Staff at breakfast could be a bit more proactive, that is the only negative thing I can say. However, overall staff in general on the estate were all friendly.

Room Tip: Drinks quite expensive
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Angie,

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review about Mantra and for your Kind words and suggestion!
It was good to read that you have noticed that we tried to think of everything:)
I would love to have you with us again! Robert
Rostock, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We came back for the second time at this place to marry at Samui.
We arrived in february and sytayed for 2 weeks..we came with ouer family and some friends..we were 12 people and we booked the love and the grand room.
The rooms were perfect for us, clean, confortable, fresh water every day, with terasse and all of the an unforgetable ocean view.
You can see the ocean from your bed - AMAZING!
The stuff was very friendly, like the last time, we organized ouer wedding.
The hotel help us very much, with the organization, especially the hotel manager and the wedding agency in Meman tropical weddings and homes :-)
Ouer guests loved the hotel, we choosed for them.
One of ouer guests cam with a 6 month old baby...and it was perfect for her, they stayed 3 weeks!! :-)
We take lunch with 16 people at ouer wedding day at the hotel restaurant...and it was sooooo gooood!
Ouer guests loved the food so much, so we make a thai cooking lesson with the chef of the cuisine..we cooked the dinner of the wedding..MMMHHHHHHH
.At ouer wedding day we used the transport of the hotel..a van for ouer guests and the hotel chef Robert drove us with the old mercedes!
This was so great.
We had a thai and western wedding..it was amazing. The breakfast and also the lunch during ouer stay from the hotel restaurant was very good..my favourit was the peankcake in the morning, the chicken cashew nut and the red snapper, but also the pizza at lunch time was very good.
For making tripes we used every time the hotel transfer..ist was easy..and often.

At last i can say, it was a perfect stay for ouer wedding, we met with the hoole stuff, the hotel Chef Robert and the hotel manager Wannisa lovely people, who become real friends to us.

We came back on december with ouer baby to the island and stay a long time :-)
Cannot wait!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Julia,

I am so happy that we got to know you and honoured that you decided to hold your wedding in Mantra. It was an amazing experience and I am glad I could be a part of it!

The opportunity to meet interesting and kind people like you is exactly he reason why I am so passionate about the Mantra hospitality. We got to know you a couple of months before and you have returned with your Family and Firends to have your wedding here.

You are truly a member of the Mantra Family and I can not wait to see you - and the Mantra Baby in December! Robert