Nok and the other 134 staff looked after us extensively. Unfortunately we were involved in an accident and were pretty much immobalised. Nok helped speak to the police and sort out a difficult situation. With regards to my wife having to be rushed to the hospital and us both being seperated without a signal on our phones, the hotel called all the hospitals until they had news and kept in contact and sent a car to pick my wife up, which we didnt have to ask for.
Unfortunately, as we were stuck in the hotel, we decided to go to their restaurant but it was very busy with a very large party in for lunch and they had ran out of a number of items. We decided to go to the beach to get something which was more comfort food. Upon returning, their staff had heard about the lunchtime problem and asked us to head to the restaurant to enjoy a meal free of charge. This jesture really was something that we didnt ask for or were expecting and for them to realise that we went out of our way to get what we wanted, it was ultimately a gesture that makes a good hotel into a great hotel. The food is very good also.
The room was spacious and well equipped with a fantastic view. Do not worry about the location being at the top of a hill - the hotel have golf carts to drive you around and enough shuttles available to pick you up at the bottom as they pass.
Unfortunately we were unable to say good-bye to Nok, however, she sent us an email wishing us the best and apologising about not seeing us off.
During our honeymoon we stayed at villa's with private pools and beach huts, but by far this was the best accommodation we stayed at and best overall from a frequent Thailand visitor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut