Stayed at the Mantra for 6 nights mid December and had the best 6 days of a 3 week holiday, the hotel and staff were simply excellent. We stayed in a "Love" room and it was amazing with stunning views. We booked a pickup from the airport by e mail with the Mantra which was 400TBH, its free if you had booked the hotel direct. A smiling face greeted us and the journey was about 25 minutes with the driver pointing out all the sites on the way. We were welcomed with a drink and cold towel and checked in. A golf caddy gave us a tour of the site and took us to our room with the bags following promptly. First impressions of the room were O.M.G. amazing and the view was stunning. The computer, TV, free phone calls, Jacuzzi, room service, etc. were all explained. As per other reviews they only provide a sheet, however as explained on arriving, a simple call to reception and a duvet was in our room within minutes. The pool was excellent, very clean and a view to die for. Yes there were limited loungers, however we never had a problem getting one whatever time we went there, and there is an additional sun terrace or your own balcony to use anyway. Fresh clean towels, iced water and occasional complimentary free drinks were provided. The gym was the best I have come across in a hotel, once again with the stunning views to keep you going. A nice touch was they launder 3 items of sports kit free a day if you use the gym, its back in your room the next day. The location is a bit remote, up a long narrow lane which is not really practical to walk, however that is also its best point as you are not in the hustle and bustle of a beach hotel, and you don't get the views at them. We used the free shuttle buses quite a bit and found them excellent, often putting on additional buses if the demand required. It was a great opportunity to mix and chat and we met some lovely people from all over the globe. We did take a taxi 1 night which was 400 TBH. Staff were excellent, most spoke very good English and those who didn't would find someone who did. This was by far the friendliest hotel we have stayed in with all staff smiling and saying hello, even the gardeners and maintenance staff. Its the small touches and attention to detail that make this place. The hotel is on a very steep hill and if you have mobility problems then maybe think twice about booking here, however with the buggy service provided its not a major issue, just call and they are there in minutes. If I had to give some constructive criticism the section from the pool to the gym etc. needs a hand rail as its extremely steep and can be slippery if wet. Overall an outstanding place to stay and I am at a loss why there has been a few negative comments recently, speak with the staff, show them respect and if you have any issues just tell them, they will go out of their way to resolve them. If you want the Hilton on the beach, then pay their prices and book it. If you want an excellent hotel away from the crowds, with first class friendly service book here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut