I stayed 5 nights at Mantra with my parents (58 and 61 y.o.) and we choose the Mantra because of the pricing and the reviews here.
First of all the arrival hall was a bit crowded and the direct parking in front of the reception and all the cars and much to many people are really not a nice atmosphere to start the holiday. After a while we where told to wait one hour more at the bar, because the rooms was finish yet (12h45). So we waited and the rooms we got where with no view at all behind the wall of the 307/308 Gym. So all in all the room is in a very - like unclean and refurbishment needed condition. Even the bathroom was really not nicely done and in a aged condition.
What is ridiculous is the extremely packed pool area - there is no privacy at all possible and the pool itself has just a view into the bay but nicely done is something else then. There are at least 50% too many sun beds around and the pool area is much to small for the size of the hotel. This only works for people with really no pretensions. Further, the breakfast is really the worst I ever saw in Thailand in a so-called 5 Star hotel.
Finally only the staff was friendly and helpful l like usually in Thailand and a nice to mention point. But even here - after requesting a bottle of wine at 00h45 in the lobby - we were told that they only provide food and no drinks by night. IMPOSSIBLE for a so-called 5 Star Hotel. I would rate the Hotel as a very AVERAGE 4 Star Hotel, with a 3 or 4 Star clientele.
We were here for sure the first and last time and the fact, they check in stuff did realize that I live in BKK I would expect a better room than the worst one - this is no advertisement in BKK for Mantra at all. A very disappointing place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut