The views from the hotel are mostly beautiful, but some of the balconies overlook the walking paths in the hotel. We were lucky enough to get a room with a quite decent view. Also, love rooms had a private Jacuzzi which was great.The breakfast is amazing.
The pool and the view from there is breath taking, but there is a very limited amount of sun chairs at the pool. There were many times when we were not able to get a seat, you had to be there early to get one.
The hotel is located on a hill, so taxi drivers also want to charge you more than usually. We asked about 6 different taxi drivers, and we still payed much more than it should have been for the distance. However, we did not feel like walking up either.
There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to two different destinations in Samui, but it is not very frequent and you need to book an hour in advance. This means that you need to carefully plan when you want to go and come back to the hotel. Also, they generally do not let you take the shuttle bus with your luggage when leaving the hotel and they charge ridiculous amounts for a taxi themselves. Finally we were allowed to take the shuttle down from the hill so that we could find a taxi on our own.
Hotel offers free international calls which is great. They also advertise free drinking water, but this means two small bottles every day like at most hotels in Thailand. We never got more toiletries either, even after finishing the previous ones. Also, a couple of times they took our towels but did not give new ones.
The room was never cool when we returned, the aircon was never on when we were out. The aircon also took longer than usually to cool down the room. Our minibar was never cold, not sure if it was just a very bad minibar or broken. However, we did not feel like complaining about that as well after having to complain about missing towels, blankets etc.
In general the hotel was good. The game room was a nice bonus. However, the hotel definitely does not feel like a 5 star hotel. We stayed in 4 star hotels in Samui and elsewhere in Thailand that had much better service, air conditioning, and cleaner rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut