I stayed here for 7 nights in early August. Having booked direct with the resort I had free airport transfers that saved a lot of hassle (and 400 Baht each way). I arrived a few hours before check in but had use of the pool and access to the restaurant while the room was prepared. My room was one of the Wow! suites located at the highest point of the resort and it's worth mentioning here that the place is built on a hill but, fear not, there's plenty of staff driven golf buggies to ferry one about :-)
Back to the room. It was very clean with a small kitchenette and a well appointed bathroom complete with 'rain forest' shower. There's free internet and access to a comprehensive library of movies. There's also an iPod/iPhone docking station. But the biggest plus point is the view from the balcony over Bophut and the Gulf of Thailand with Koh Phangan in the distance.
There is an infinity pool with sun loungers and I know this is an odd thing for a guy to say but have to mention the ultra soft towels provided for use by the pool.
The restaurant, Ubuntu, is located next to the pool and I had breakfast and lunch there; both very good. Though the dinner menu looked excellent, I spent my evenings in Fisherman's Village, Bophut.
The resort provides 20+ free shuttles a day to Mae Nam, Bophut and Chaweng Beach and will either order a taxi or use one of their vehicles if the shuttle timings don't suit (300 Baht). They also hire cars and scooters. Bophut/Fisherman's Viilage is approx 10 minutes by car.
The resort itself is located on a hill, up a twisty road and, because of the heat and humidity, I would not recommend walking either up or down.
The staff are very amenable and friendly and the level of service is excellent.
Overall, I was very impressed with this resort and wouldn't hesitate to return. Potential guests may need to factor in the location but the hilly aspect is easily offset by the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut