“We were amazed!”

Mantra Samui Resort
Ranked #16 of 184 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We were in the Mantra for 4 nights with our two children (5 and 7). On the way to the hotel we thought: ״Oh No! - we came to a dump" but once entered into the hotel and had first introduction with its facilities we were amazed!!
The hotel is located on a hill and has beautiful view on the sea and the island. The infinity pool merge with the view and is very intimate, so once you in it it feels like you merge with the island.
We had two rooms with a connecting doors. The rooms are big and are in good maintenance, even though awe expected a little more preciseness with the details as this is considered a 5 stars / boutique hotel.
The dinner dishes are very good and breakfast is sufficient. The hotel staff are very nice and accommodating. The hotel is located about 30 min drive from Chaweneg center. The hotel offers free shuttle in scheduled hours to and from Chaweneg and other near beaches with sufficient frequency. To summarize it all I would say that the Mantra is a great hotel and totally brings out the feeling of that beautiful island with high value to cost. One thing though- I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. If you are looking to be close to the beach or to the shopping center 24/7 then I recommend you to consider a hotel near in Chaweng or Lamai or renting a car (which i don't recommended in Samui).

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank David R
There are newer reviews for Mantra Samui Resort

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The rooms are absolutely amazing and true 5 star quality. Apart from that, I would not recommend considering how much it costs. The staff are hit and miss (some are so rude, it really puts a damper on your mood - we had a few buggy drivers who don't even say hello, some guys at the bar couldn't be bothered either). The food isn't that great. The pool is nice but really crowded and the hotel doesn't have access to the beach.
It could be lovely but for me the staff really didn't act like this was a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed in a WOW room for 7 nights just recently. I was quite happy with the facilities for the room, however every time I had a shower I half flooded the bathroom. The views from the balcony were just incredible, I had seen photos before but it doesnt compare to the real thing! I had a massage in the day spa which was simply incredible and felt so relaxed I think I slept for a couple of hours afterwards. The infinity pool is gorgeous, the views also amazing, I never had any trouble finding a sunbed even after reading some reviews. The restaurant was good however being a vegetarian I dont think there was a great deal to choose from. The food I did had was delicious though. Cocktails, staff, premises are all amazing, staff are so welcoming and friendly. All in all I had a fabulous stay and would certainly come back and have and will continue to recommend your hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for 7 nights in early August. Having booked direct with the resort I had free airport transfers that saved a lot of hassle (and 400 Baht each way). I arrived a few hours before check in but had use of the pool and access to the restaurant while the room was prepared. My room was one of the Wow! suites located at the highest point of the resort and it's worth mentioning here that the place is built on a hill but, fear not, there's plenty of staff driven golf buggies to ferry one about :-)
Back to the room. It was very clean with a small kitchenette and a well appointed bathroom complete with 'rain forest' shower. There's free internet and access to a comprehensive library of movies. There's also an iPod/iPhone docking station. But the biggest plus point is the view from the balcony over Bophut and the Gulf of Thailand with Koh Phangan in the distance.
There is an infinity pool with sun loungers and I know this is an odd thing for a guy to say but have to mention the ultra soft towels provided for use by the pool.
The restaurant, Ubuntu, is located next to the pool and I had breakfast and lunch there; both very good. Though the dinner menu looked excellent, I spent my evenings in Fisherman's Village, Bophut.
The resort provides 20+ free shuttles a day to Mae Nam, Bophut and Chaweng Beach and will either order a taxi or use one of their vehicles if the shuttle timings don't suit (300 Baht). They also hire cars and scooters. Bophut/Fisherman's Viilage is approx 10 minutes by car.
The resort itself is located on a hill, up a twisty road and, because of the heat and humidity, I would not recommend walking either up or down.
The staff are very amenable and friendly and the level of service is excellent.
Overall, I was very impressed with this resort and wouldn't hesitate to return. Potential guests may need to factor in the location but the hilly aspect is easily offset by the views.

Room Tip: Wow! suites have the best views but, from what I could see, all rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank markr1963
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Love Room but were not treated to ocean views regrettably- I would ask for this next time and the fact that we predict a "next time" is a good sign. Our view was of a driveway, a very steep one. Mantra has incredible views because it's on a hill, taxi drivers will try to charge you extra for the remote access. Our room was clean with a jacuzzi on the deck. Horizon pool was amazing. Service at breakfast was friendly and efficient but both the food & beverage execution requires development. Cocktails could be greater improved- we tried many, most were unbalanced and lacked luster. Overall good stay, take advantage of the scheduled free shuttle service to save you on exuberant taxi fares. Free unlimited phone calls worldwide was a unexpected nice touch.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 193CXE
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel set in a very secluded location - however hotel provide a great shuttle service into the 3 nearby towns / beaches.
The love jacuzzi rooms were AMAZING! Curtains provided to provide privacy as they are on the balcony so can be over looked. Hotel staff were great -always willing to take you to your room on the golf carts as the hills are steep!!
Breakfast has a great selection - loved the squeeze your own orange juice station!
Highly recommend this hotel! It wax paradise and I would go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't realise how good this hotel is until I left. Superb gym, all the rooms were all facing the sea and the view was nothing less than spectacular
If you're visiting Samui I couldn't recommend this more.
If I was being niggly the breakfast menu doesn't list everything they offer.
But the infinity pool, 24 hour gym and yoga classes and free shuttle makes up for it. Staff are amazing also!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Knutton19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
#2 of 184 in Bophut
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#4 of 184 in Bophut

Been to Mantra Samui Resort? Share your experiences!