“Mantra stay”

Mantra Samui Resort
Ranked #15 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here with my husband for 6 nights. We were given a free upgrade to presidential suite, it was beautiful with the best view, however to get this view, was very very steep. They have buggies to transport you if required. Would not suit elderly or those with knee problems. It is a long way from anything, but they have a good shuttle bus. Breakfast was included, eggs done fresh as you asked for,them. Awesome pancakes with fruit. Pool can be busy with not a lot of deck chairs, but the view is great. We hired moped from the hotel, all easy. Free yoga a bonus. Well looked after and staff pleasant and happy.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views, although all very steep.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The staff were incredible and such a wonderful reflection of the great job the manager does. Happy staff usually equals well treated staff who enjoy their work. Nothing was too much for them, ever. They were always cheery and smiling and went out of their way to make our stay perfect. So a HUGE thank you to the staff. I would come back again just for them.

The chocolate soufflé was the best thing I ate in my two weeks in Thailand, so make sure you try it.

I also got sore muscles from the hills and the squash which we played as often as we could. I loved it! For the lazy people- they have golf buggies to drive you up the hills, so don't worry.
It's a bit out of the way, but that's what gives it the serenity that makes it great, plus the complimentary shuttle bus is awesome.

Room Tip: Beware of the stairs! No lifts, so choose your room wisely if disabled.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a few nights in August during our time travelling around Thailand. We decided to splash out a little bit as I turned 21 during my stay in Thailand. What a special birthday it was too! On arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink and given all the information about the hotel. We were taken to our room and shown around and how to work things. The room was amazing, very clean and lovely decor, the hot tub on the balcony was the cherry on top.

The little extras that we received from the hotel really made the stay so lovely. You have hundreds of films stored on the TV, free internet and free international calls. This was particularly nice as it meant I could talk to my family on my birthday.

The free shuttle service to the beaches was good as it is a while away and the taxis would be too expensive. The staff were outstanding. Very friendly and accommodating. The resort does have very steep hills but if a member of staff is passing on a buggy they always offer you a lift.

As it was my birthday during the stay they brought me a small birthday cake to the room which was very kind.

The only downside to the hotel I would say would be seating around the pool. We struggled to find sun beds. Although the hotel did not seem very busy the pool was. However I don't think the pool would be as relaxing if it was crowded.

Thank you to the mantra for making my birthday a special one.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

After backpacking around parts of Thailand we ended up in Koh Samui and after spending 2 nights in Lamai we couldn't take any more fast food and dodge blue cocktails so we found Mantra online. Got a fantastic deal on Agoda and when we arrived we got a free upgrade to the Cozy suite complete with sea views. Everything about this hotel was superb, from the food to the amazing cocktails made by the very knowledgable mixologist Kris. I was a little chilly on the first night with the air con and need a heavy blanket to sleep under so they very kindly sent me up one the next morning without fuss. We had dinner both nights we stayed and my boyfriend's New Zealand lamb was one of the best we have ever had. Amazing presentation also. If you are looking for a luxury getaway at an affordable price I would highly recommend Mantra. Oh and happy hour is from 3-7pm every day, check out the espresso martinis!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn O
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The definitive place to stay in Ko Samui. Away from the touristy hustle and bustle of the beaches, this retreat up in the mountains is definitely one for couples. It is more expensive than other accommodations, however in Europe you would definitely be paying 4 times the amount for the luxury you get here. We stayed in a WOW apartment overlooking Ko Phangan and Ko Tao. Amazing Infinity pool and the food in the restaurant was out of this world (Lamb Massuman was my favourite). The staff were extremely friendly and even though our flight was at 5.30pm we were allowed to check out at 12pm and use the facilities for the rest of the day (pool, shower in the 24 hour gym, restaurant etc.)... Just go there!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!!
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We visited Mantra Samui for 4 nights in mid August. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the staff members and offered a cold drink (much needed!). We had organised pick up from the hotel and this was there on time and easy to organise. As we had arrived from the airport early, we were pleased when we were able to check in early. Our room was a "love" room. It was very nice, clean and had all facilities we required. We had free wifi and international calls- this was very useful as we could keep in touch with family abroad. The hotel had a very relaxed feel and there were many positive and nice sayings scattered around the hotel that were nice to read! We had a lovely view from our room and in general it was a lovely, friendly place to stay. All the Staff members were welcoming and polite. We were able to organise tours directly through the hotel and there were many things to do if you were not going out including cooking classes, yoga and gym classes, they even had a BBQ night with live music. Alternatively, the hotel offered a free shuttle service to all 3 beaches around the area and we saved a lot of money by using this! Overall, a lovely place to stay- if we did go back to Koh Samui- the Mantra hotel would be where we would stay!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Wind your way up the hill to your tropical paradise. This hotel is located on the hill, looking down over the Bohput village. The staff could not be more helpful and friendly and the hotel is run by a beautiful couple. The double loungers by the infinity pool are great, swim up to the bar for a cocktail. They run a convenient shuttle bus to the village or Chewang and the shuttle carts that take you up to your rooms are great fun, one night we tipped up on the steep climb must have over loaded! I would say that anyone with mobility issues may find the hills too steep. The WOW rooms are very clean and comfortable aswell as peaceful. Breakfast is a delight, order your coffee and eggs from the delightful staff to start your relaxing day. Laundry if staying longer can be done quite cheaply down in the village at the bottom of the hill by weight. I also did my first yoga class here, another free bonus and have since continued my yoga on return to Sydney. Overall a great hotel on beautiful island in a great village. Bohput village has great Friday market, this is a must, fantastic atmosphere and good shopping, food and drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Amari Koh Samui
#2 of 185 in Bophut
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#4 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Mantra Samui Resort? Share your experiences!