“The food was ok, but the service horrible”
Review of Asador

Asador
Ranked #382 of 455 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The bbq out the front looks very inviting, but the service is the worst we've had in Thailand. Once we were seated, we had to get the waiter's attention for everything - when we ordered our drinks and meal, our drinks arrived after 10minutes. We ordered a pizza to start with, and it was tiny and looked like a frozen pizza defrosted.

We ordered chicken and a fish off the bbq - we ordered a red snapper and it was some other random type of fish - but the waiters didn't understand so we just ate it. The food was ok, but the service was terrible. Even when trying to pay our bill - all the staff are just walking around like chickens without heads!

There are newer reviews for Asador

Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Made the mistake of eating here.
Don't be fooled by the inviting bbq at the front, nothing actually gets cooked that way.
Fish was overcooked, probably boiled, no flavours added to it, therefore flavourless and soggy. Chef doesn't have a clue.
Other items were smaller or substitutes for that advertised.
Service was poor. Plus the bill included an attempted 10% service charge not previously mentioned.
Overall, shocking value for money, avoid avoid avoid!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

After 10 days having awesome tasty Thai food from Bangkok till Samui, my best friend was dying for a great juicy rib eye. So we went searching for a good place for steaks.
We ended up at Chaweng Road area in Bophut where we were warmly greeted by a host from Asador restaurant. Asador is a big chain of restaurants in Ko Samui. All of them are exactly the same.
Very attractive sample seafood displayed on ice in front of the restaurant with the grill on one side.
He invited us to try their tasty steaks as we told him we were looking for a juicy piece of meat dish.
After we went through their menu list, my friend ordered a rib eye and for me a Thai chicken dish with black pepper and salt.
When the rib eye came at our table my friend already noticed that the meat is not what she expected from a rib eye. It looks like more a rump steak.. When she tried to cut a piece of it, she really need an ax instead of a knife to cut through! She was chewing a piece of it but gave it up after 10 seconds. She told me that it taste like rubber.
She asked the host to replace her rib eye with a new one. Then 15 minutes later he came back and served her the same rib eye but re-grilled until it turns well done! Can you believe it??
After some discussion the host serve her a new portion of rib eye.
Again(!) she needed an ax to cut through. Then after all she decided not to eat it.
My Thai chicken black pepper was bland and nothing to write home about it. So I ate only my plain white rice and asked for the check.
The check showed us the rib eye on it. My friend went to the cashier and refused to pay the rib eye. She was in discussion with the cashier and the host was not near at all.
She left money just for the chicken dish and our drinks and we left the restaurant.
I can imagine that people in Thailand are not familiar preparing good steaks but when they also able to screwed up their own national delicious food… Asador is just doing monkey business!
The food displayed outside has nothing to do with what you'll be served inside.
After visiting “Asador steakhouse” we went to McDonald to buy fish fillet burger. Yummy! That is at least FIRST quality where ever you travel!!
I did my best to cheer her up with an extra large Sundae Ice cream and caramel topping!

So my suggestion to you peoples, STAY AWAY FROM ALL ASADORS RESTAURANTS!!
It’s a genuine TOURIST TRAP, you lose a lot of money but worse… you lose a lot of precious holiday time here.
Go for tasty and awesome genuine steaks to Andaman steak restaurant.
The owner is an genuine Australian guy.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

ASADOR in Chaweng:

This ain't a BBQ place. We ordered a mix of BBQ dishes (Calamari + Prawns) and some tradition Thai dishes. The Calamari was like rubber and didn't loo at all like it went near a BBQ... It was still white and looked like a microwave dish. The so called BBQ prawns just as bad. No singe marks or any indication it was near a BBQ... Maybe it visited the BBQ in foil wrap? That's not BBQ!!!

Did I mention the service? There is no service! Asked for drinks 3 times and they didn't arrive until AFTER I asked for the bill!

Don't go to ANY ASADOR branded place! Avoid at all costs...

1  Thank sriintan
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This was the worst dinner we have had in Lamai. 2 out of 6 ordered dinners were OK. Ordered extra garlic butter that we never received. Spagetti with pesto and tomato came with a tomatosause, no pesto at all. Drinks had to be ordered several times. The only really good food was the spareribs.

2  Thank MonikaMT