“Stunning setting and great treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anantara Spa

Anantara Spa
Ranked #12 of 39 Spas & Wellness in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind in the serenity of Anantara Spa Koh Samui Our Anantara Koh Samui spa resort seamlessly integrates lush tropical greenery and soothing water gardens, creating a harmonious environment for signature spa treatments and Ayurvedic healing rituals. Enjoy one of the many pampering treatments from the spa menu in private glass-walled treatment rooms with bamboo exterior walls set amid the lush water gardens of Anantara Bophut Koh Samui resort. Our trained therapists infuse natural elements of Southeast Asia like Thai spice aromatherapy into a range of signature treatments.
Dubai
“Stunning setting and great treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

One of the best SPA treatment I have ever had. Besides the fact that the therapist was great, it was the environment that made the difference. The SPA is hidden in the tropical gardens of Anantara Bophut so it is very private. As soon as I passed the reception area to go to the treatment room, I just could not help but held my breath and said "WOW". The treatment rooms are also very well designed so it felt spacious and private at the same time. The only suggestion I have is that it would be great to have en suite bathroom in the treatment rooms. The treatments are definitely not cheap. In fact on the same par as Dubai or Europe. However you can never find a place like this else where!

Visited July 2012
Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear valued guests,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Glad to know that spending time with us is the best pampering on your holidays. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P.
Spa Manager

Berkeley
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sparring at the spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Overall: We did not stay at the hotel, but wanted to pamper ourselves with premium spa services on Samui. Girlfriend got an eyebrow wax and pedicure. Boyfriend got a haircut. It was a stressful, unsatisfying experience with very poor results. This place punches above it's weight.

Pros:
- The setting was elegant and serene

- Pedicure: It was relaxing and well-done, and included a little massage (although the polish started chipping a few days later)

- The manager acknowledged the poor service and gave us the haircut for free

Cons:
- Eyebrow wax: I had let my eyebrows grow for a while so they were a little unkempt. I asked her to give me a simple wax that followed my brow line. She had no idea what she was doing. She gave me an abrasion on my right eyebrow because she went over it with the wax so many times. She also removed a large chunk of my eyebrow. I had to hold the mirror and direct every wax and tweeze for my left eyebrow (at her request). They were still uneven but I decided to end the treatment because I was worried I wouldn't have any eyebrows left if we kept going.

- Haircut: This might have been the first men's haircut that the woman had ever done (despite the spa saying they routinely did men's haircuts on the phone). She mostly used the electric razor as opposed to the scissors. Did not have a sense of proportion and I constantly had to ask her to adjust one side or the other. In fact, overall she seemed so incompetent that I had to guide her through every step after I realized we were headed for disaster.

- All treatments (eyebrow wax, pedicure, haircut) were very expensive and the cost certainly did not reflect the value.

- All-round stressful experience.

- English was not good.

1 Thank nstravels-59
Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Mr.Ergas Marchant & Ms.Natalie,

Thank you very much for posting a review.
As valued guests, your observations and suggestions are greatly appreciated and attentively considered so that we may continue to strive to improve the services of the spa.
We highly appreciate your feedback regarding the hair cut. We apologize you for this issue and hope to deliver personalized service to you on your return.

Thanakarn Putthinan
Spa manager
Abu Dhabi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

From the time you step into the spa till the time you leave, the staff are attentive and professional. Highly recommend a treat before you leave the hotel.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank ADtravellers
Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us! We are delighted to know that our staff made an amazing experience to you. For sure, I will pass your compliment to my team to encourage their good work. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Thanakarn P.
Spa Manager
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxing spa in beautiful surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Obviously more expensive than getting a massage on the beach but worth it for a treat as the staff are lovely and the treatments and products they use are top class.

Visited June 2012
Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Our passion is to make sure that our guests have the most memorable treatment with us. We are highly appreciated for sharing that you have had a top class service here. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P. /Spa Manager
Suffolk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So chilled.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Following a stressful prior few days we gave ourselves a treat.
By the time they had finished with me i had to be scraped off the table.

Visited June 2012