“On his own planet”

Ranked #12 of 501 Restaurants in Bophut
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This guy is very amusing but I get the impression it's a party for one there every night. The first time we went he pulls out the iPad and does his routine, showing us all the dishes, but wouldn't let us order what we wanted, instead convincing us of something else entirely. I don't think he likes cooking Thai food. But he's French and his moules mariniere was with the tiniest mussels. Weird but a bit of fun so whatever.
Then he drags us in a couple days later even though we had plans, we sat down and no one would serve us. I got up, asked around, got totally blanked. Like they had closed the kitchen or something. So the owner talks us into going in but we can't get served.
He is great fun but he has the potential to also be a total waste of your time. Which is a bit confusing until you realise how offensive it is! It's a party for one at red moon.

3  Thank Merlantis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We ate at Red Moon this evening and found the whole experience wonderful! We were well looked after by all staff including the owner who was very cheerful and welcoming. We stuck with the Thai options on the menu but all dishes looked great! Our food had sensational flavour and was in large portions. We even found room for the deep fried ice cream which was the best I've ever had! Overall great atmosphere, great food, clean and in the very heart of the Fisherman's Village.

1  Thank MelA0989
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We ate here on one occasion. I asked about a bottle of wine and he told me that he only had one bottle of red wine left because clients had been in during the day drinking red wine and eating cheese! The food was good value, and the restaurant itself was quirky. The owner seemed to be a character who came over with his iPad showing us the food that he served. All in all a nice experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Let me start with saying that the owner is extremely friendly. He invited us to his restaurant during a Friday walking street. And although we planned dinner somewhere else, he convinced us to try his place. He has a fancy ipad with pictures of all the dishes and was generous with appetisers.
That's where my positive review ends. The owner is mainly busy with the marketing of his place than the service. Once ordered it took ages to get the food, so we spend some more on drinks of course. The meat was overcooked, the fish was not fresh (got stomach sick).

Ending with positive note, the atmosphere is nice and I recommend it for a drink.

2  Thank FredHaentjens
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Duck a l'orange was tough and served with mouldy cauliflower. My partner had beautiful beef and had no complaints. The host was very charming and didn't charge us for the duck and gave us complimentary drinks.