“Decent Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The food here is good but not great. We also found the portions to be a bit small. The prices are good though for what you get. The cocktails are very good and quite cheap. If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive meal then this is a good choice.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We were out and about checking out the Fishermans Village Friday night markets and decided on this restaurant for dinner. Lets say we were not disappoint. Food was good and the service was great, something that other restaurants in Koh Samui could learn from. Recommend

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I was there today with my family. I found the name of il salotto in "eating in Samui". I have to say that (a) we did not see the Chef (b) quality of the food was vey bad: we took a pasta at gorgonzola who was OK; pasta withe vegetables was simply too cooked and very average. I took personnally fish with veggies: Seabass was overcooked and vegies had an awful taste of "Javel water". We have decided to stop the experience there, go and take fruits in the street....

Don't go there unless you are sure that the chef is there, so that you can complain with him directly.

Benjamin

1  Thank iferganb
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Went here for dinner with a family of 6 a few days before Xmas, on the recommendation of our dive master earlier in the day.

Great view, excellent service & food was generally of a high standard/yummy. A couple of the pasta servings were mysteriously much smaller than others, unfortunately meaning that my girlfriend attacked my lobster linguine a few times when I wasn't looking! Didn't try the desert, as mango sticky rice from the street vendor visited the previous night was calling again....

Would definitely recommend going there & it's certainly a cut above your usual pizza/pasta place.

1  Thank Brett P
Reviewed 27 November 2012

WHAT A GEM of a place..located in the quieter, older, less habitat ed part of fisherman's village..I think if we hadn't wandered down where none of the typical crowds were, we would have missed it entirely..THIS IS WORTH THE journey down that part of the street..OUTSTANDING AUTHENTIC HOME MADE WITH LOVE Italian fare. EVERYTHING we sampled ( we went twice) from their Pizza's, fried calamari, ( incredible, lightly seasoned batter !) Caprese salad ( excellent presentation!!). the first visit, I had the carbonarra ( traditional and delish!) second visit, the spinach ravioli with red sauce..outstanding. The husband had the fusilli with capers and anchovy's, and then the simple spaghetti bolognaise.. The waitresses, all local girls were so friendly, helpful, attentive,providing exceptional service. The appetizers, salads, and main courses were timed perfectly. Their salotto caparhina cocktail, was great. Portions were just right, sadly,we did not have room for dessert either time. The Chef, a friendly talented fellow has made his mark on this island for sure. A MUST GO place ;-) THANK you!