“Stop moaning! And enjoy the beach..”
Review of Calm Beach Resort

Calm Beach Resort
Ranked #181 of 227 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Look it's a £9 a night, Think backpacker budget. for a fan room, a bed and toilet with shower , Yes it's a little ramshackle bungalow and yes it could be a lot nicer, (and cleaner) but the people who run here are genuine and kind. I think this could score more with a little TLC and it IS over due a makeover. We stayed 3 nights and had no problems, you can book tickets for anywhere from here ( small commission fee) . Great choice of things in locality, nice ( and really cheap) restaurant at the top of the road. We walked to big Buddha , took us an hour. Well worth it! Of course there is other places all along that look better but at a price that makes my eyes water.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrblue1978

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Don't stay at this place ever. It is the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life. Dirty broken everything. Rat in our room. Also known as Calm Beach Resort on Agoda. This place should be closed down. It is disgusting.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JasonmFinch
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place is disgusting ,really the worst place ever seen .
not worth the money stay clear if possible.
rooms are dirty ,staff unhelpful ,really quite possibly the worst place we have ever seen.
we booked two nights with family and took one look at the room and ran away a quick as possible.

Room Tip: next door to the hotel is a much better hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I went there to check out the rooms as I'd heard that they were cheaper than where I was staying in the village. I was shown the "executive suite"!! I was shocked as the room was very rundown and filthy. The door did not lock and the windows could not close. The fan over the bed had an inch of dust resting on the wings, so it had either not been in use for a very long time, or it did not work hence the dust. The bed had a faded old piece of cloth covering it. It was just so sad to see. Most of the people who were staying there told me that they had booked via the Agoda website. When I checked the photos on agoda I could see that the pics were taken a veryyyyy long time ago. I'd stay far away from this place, no matter how cheap it is. I asked to use the toilet near the beach bar and it was absolutely filthy and had not been cleaned for a veryyyy long time.

Room Tip: I'd advise anyone and everyone to stay far away from this place, It was sad to see that they are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JessNorway
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

the bed ist hard as a rock, i had spider webs all over, that i removed myself, zhe bathroom was dirty and disgusting and my room was so hot, that i switched the fan on on the middle of the night. as it is right over the bed, i got a cough. ran away the next morning to a place nearby. never again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank iceba
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We picked this hotel up from the airport, and the brochure made it look lovely, peaceful and romantically on the beach.
When we got there we were dismayed especially at our "deluxe" standard room, the sheets were dirty, the toilet and bathroom was disgusting and the air-condition was a fan. The door didnt even lock from the outside.
The site looked empty and was dirty and unmaintained.
Luckily, we were able to get a refund of the person there and they were polite about it but we just could not stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kslade86
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I booked through Agoda for a 5 night stay and paid for a TV in my room- OK it's not essential to me but I didn't get it! With the exception of the lady at reception who couldn't have been more helpful, the staff are very rude!
They are pig ignorant and are more interested in making money from passers by on the beach than yourself! Photo's of this dump are outdated and you don't get anything for your money!
The rooms are big and reasonably clean but the beds are like something from the Flinstones, very uncomfortable aswell as the doors to your room not being able to lock!

I would strongly recommend staying to Bophut in Samui but please take note of this review and stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo