“No nonsense food and hospitality”
Review of Jasmine Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Jasmine Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Thanks to Jack and Anna for a warm welcome and some great food at the right price. We ate a vast array of food in Bophut but the burgers and pizzas at Jasmine are recommended. The beer is always ice cold as well!

There are newer reviews for Jasmine Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am wondering why it is so overrated. Thai food was excellent upon my Thai Girlfriend (And she is really hard on Thai food comments). I had Pasta and it was ok but for the price paid not ok. Decor is fade and really basic. Only one staff speak English or Thai, no uniform and no dress code for the waiter so all in jeans and T-shirt. All sitting down and have to waive to get anything and even get the bill. Will go back again on night time since we were there in the afternoon and to eat only Thai food this time to see if the owner presence will change something.

jasminerestaurant, Owner at Jasmine Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dont know what 2 make from this review you like the thai food you like the pasta you dont like the price of the pasta when i buy french bread from the french bakery i know im going 2 pay more than i would for thai bread the pasta we use is not chinese its italian the sauce is from italy im happy you say that you would come back our place is not fine dining its just good food thanks for your honest review hope 2 see you in jasmine soon

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I read about Jasmine Restaurant on Tripadvisor and, although we were staying in a resort quite far from it, we thought we’d give it a try. Put simply, both the food and service were absolutely faultless and superb. The authentic and very reasonably priced Thai food was delivered with very warm service and conversation by the owners Jack and Anna. We so enjoyed our experience that we ate there on another 2 occasions. It is very rare for us to visit a restaurant twice (as we like trying different places) let alone 3 times so it says a lot about Jack, Anna and their restaurant. We will surely revisit them when next in Koh Samui. You should too – you won’t be disappointed.

jasminerestaurant, Owner at Jasmine Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thanks a lot for your review and thanks for taking the time to give jasmine restaurant a good review .We do try our best to make our customers happy and we work a lot 2 get the food right Jack

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I will keep this short as frankly there is not much to say that has not already been said in the numerous positive reviews below. However, to reiterate, the food and service is fantastic and having talked with Jack (the owner and as a bit if an amateur chef) I can appreciate the extra mile they go to get the ingredients right for things such as the right type of flour (which is not easily sourced locally) for his pizza bases.

But they really do the extra yard that many other places don't. The food is fantastic and well cooked, the staff are friendly and the owner Jack and his wife are more welcoming than any other place I've been on this island. It is a little off the main part of the island in Bophut however, I have no doubt if this place was in central Chaweng would be one of the busiest places on island. It is however definitely worth a visit if passing by. I myself have been staying at the Ibis which is fairly close as such have eaten there on several occasions and ave never been dissapointed.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Simply we walked a long way thanks to trip advisor, my wife was getting poorly feet.......the green curry pizza and garlic bread more than made up for it and saved my ears from a bashing.. Thanks