1,803 results
All reviewsfisherman's villagedeluxe bungalowsea breezepool areakoh samuispring rollsplenty of sunbedsindividual bungalowsegg stationbeach frontbeach bagbophut beachthai massagestreet foodmin walknight marketbo phut
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort with sweet little bungalows dotted among rainforest like gardens. It really is a quiet haven away from it all. The pool is lovely and clean with well kept deck chairs both around the pool and on the beach. You can walk to fishermans village in approx 15mins (slowly along the beach) the sand isn't compacted so it's difficult to walk on. Or you can take the main road out the back which takes longer but is easier on the legs ;) The standard bungalow was beautiful and much nicer than I expected with a fabulous air conditioner. I would definitely love to visit this resort again as the whole place is kept immaculate and is very clean.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeIIies
peace r, Manager at Peace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear J1bean,

We appreciate you have taken the time sharing your good comment here on TripAdvisor.
and Thank you for all the compliments i will definitely pass to all of our staff member.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As you drive in from the main road, you reach a jungle oasis! I soon realised I had accidentally left my phone on the airport minibus and the hotel staff kindly got it back whilst we settled into our room - very much appreciated!

We stayed in a beautiful and clean sea breeze villa. The resort was quiet, so it was even better! The room is large, with a separate seating area. The bathroom isn't hugely private as you can see to and from the toilet from outside the room, but nothing you can't work around. The bed was divine, huge and so so soft!

The beach was lovely, plenty of loungers in the shade or sun - we didn't try sitting by the pool as the beach was too good. The beach was quiet as the big resorts are closer to the village, which reduced traffic which was nice. The village is still easy to get to by beach or road.

The restaurant staff were great, remembering our coffee/tea preferences in the morning and we were made to feel very welcome by Julee. The selection at breakfast was huge, something to suit everyone. The grounds staff worked incredibly hard and always smiled as you passed, same with the efficient security at the gate. My boyfriend enjoyed a thai massage overlooking the beach at a very reasonable price.

Unfortunately the reception staff really let down the hotel - they were mostly disinterested (except the kind girl who rescued my phone!), on one occasion one male member of staff was rude and laughed at my boyfriend and with the other reception team, ignoring him whilst behaving very strangely, which made him feel very uncomfortable, whilst he was asking if we could extend our stay. We didn't - but only because they wanted to charge us double our existing room rate for an extra night, despite the hotel being quiet. However, the kind girl did intervene and took my boyfriend aside to discuss the extension - unfortunately we didn't get her name.

Our check out was unnecessarily slow, with limited pleasantries and again, disinterest, despite prior arrangement to ensure we got to our transfer to Koh Phangan in good time. We were left confused where the pre-booked car was as we headed down the drive with our luggage after being dismissed by reception and very concerned we would miss the pre-paid transfer as we only had a few minutes to spare. Unfortunately the hotel driver then got lost and we did almost miss the boat - if not for the care of our next hotel who tried to find out where we were and kindly delayed the transfer for us.

I would give the hotel 5 stars if the reception team matched the quality of the staff elsewhere in the resort, it was just such a disappointment. Nevertheless, this would not stop me coming back and i wouldn't want to put you off staying at the beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Sea Breeze Villas are spacious and a stones throw from the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KFisher66

Dear Kfisher66,
We appreciate you have taken the time sharing you comment and experience here on TripAdvisor.
i will definitely pass to all of our team and please accept my apology for the issue miss understanding with the team.

I wish you will give us a chance to welcome you back in the nearest future..

Reviewed 10 June 2014

location is perfect, just 15 min walk from the fisherman village, the beach is gorgeous, the food is good, the standard room is a bit small but apart from that it is lovely, you feel like you are in the middle of a forest, the vegetation is stunning. I would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 000val000,
I appreciate the time you have taken to share your very good feedback here on TripAdvisor.
I will happily share it with the team

Looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future

with kind regards,

Mayuree

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our awesome travel agent Vanessa from MTA Travel booked this sight unseen for myself and my son and we stayed for 1 week. I would have to say I was very impressed from the time we arrived (we were greeted with a drink on arrival). The Staff were very friendly, but most of all the whole resort was spectacular as can be seen by my uploaded photos. Breakfast was included in the mornings which was very nice (I recommend trying the Omelette cooked in front of us to our request). I must say that we didn't eat at the restaurant for any other meal nor did we attend the Bar as we were too busy exploring this awesome Island. We both hired Motorbikes from the resort for $7.00 au a day, but I recommend checking the tyres and helmet condition,making sure it is in sound condition.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be in a good position, although we stayed central.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
peace r, Manager at Peace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear
Dear Geoffbro01,

We appreciate you have taken the time sharing your wonderful experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future..

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Peace Resort.... Very well named. Calm, tranquil, unhurried, thoroughly relaxing - all of these joking to create such a marvellous atmosphere. The beach side location is stunning. If you're in to beach walking, try turning left and keep going for nearly 6 miles of wonderful beach. A much shorter walk the other way brings you to Fisherman's Village. We only stayed for two nights and we ate in the resort on both nights. You are spoilt for choice, however, in Fisherman's Village. Some great places (by all accounts) and amazing value for money. Both our evening meals were stunning. We had one of the bungalows. It was charming, very comfy and we loved it. Our friends had a beach villa. Even better. A great place and we'd definitely consider returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lukajoreb
peace r, Manager at Peace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Lukajoreb,
Thank you very much for your great review, and i wish next time you can stay longer with us.

we are all looking to welcoming you very soon in our little Green hotel.

Kind Regards,